2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

13 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I have one small complaint. The name needs to be in the same combo as the numbers. Do that and it's utterly perfect.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I see. I still like it, if you are going for an older looking style, I guess the single layer name makes sense. 

I think legibility was the intent. When the Blues did add names a decade later in 1977 it was yellow with white outline, which is hard to read.

Single color does feel older to me at least

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HannuVirta said:

I think legibility was the intent. When the Blues did add names a decade later in 1977 it was yellow with white outline, which is hard to read.

Single color does feel older to me at least

Yup, or more "classic". I think they did a good job on those. 

The Hawks, though, kind of just looks like the same thing as the old one. I am sure they are different but without comparing them and not having studied them or owned them, I can't tell what the differences are. 

15 minutes ago, furiousd said:

After sleeping on it, I'm still disappointed with the Hawks. I was really hoping for the 1940s white jersey. Well, like we used to say for the Cubs, there's always next year.

Well of course you are, it still looks the same but now its wrinkled. 

:D

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, or more "classic". I think they did a good job on those. 

The Hawks, though, kind of just looks like the same thing as the old one. I am sure they are different but without comparing them and not having studied them or owned them, I can't tell what the differences are. 

Different crest and tomahawks, waist striping ends in black rather than an extra white space. Otherwise that's all I can gather. 

Hawks put up a video of their sweaters on facebook. Was thinking about passing originally but the video and completionist in me has me pulled back in. https://www.facebook.com/nhlblackhawks/videos/10154828279539258/

Frankly, the Blues killed it with these. Classic color and design, the crewneck collar, these just look flat out awesome.

30 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Went down to the Blues team store to check them out. As expected, they only had premiers. Couldn't tell from the press release photos, but the crests are felt with chain stitching. 

That makes it even more badass. 

Stitched, too.  Incredibly fancy for a Reebok replica.

9 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Stitched, too.  Incredibly fancy for a Reebok replica.

Definitely. I would surmise they just made the same crest to use on both. I guess we'll see. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Hmmm...

Toronto-Maple-Leafs-2017-Centennial-Clas

I think they're wrong and they will be going with the Arenas jersey that were leaked.  I'm hoping this is just something they make in kid sizes to sell in Walmart and Canadian tire.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

I think they're wrong and they will be going with the Arenas jersey that were leaked.  I'm hoping this is just something they make in kid sizes to sell in Walmart and Canadian tire.

I was thinking the same thing.  Really hope that's not the planned jersey.  

The centennial classic is a celebration of 100 years of the maple leafs and 100 years of the NHL.  The Leafs wearing something that doesn't tie into anything they've worn before or has any history tied to it like that garbage that just popped up would be a travesty.  The Arenas jersey is made and on display already so logic would state that it's what's going to be used

I was actually hoping they were going to use the Arenas design in 2014.....sooooo hoping that they do indeed go with that

They were the initial Toronto NHL franchise and won their first cup.

Plus the T logo ties in to the university of Toronto's Varsity Blues logo.  Being an alum I am partial to it

Edited by HockeyMusic