2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

On 12/17/2016 at 1:58 PM, Kingofkings said:

Heard adidas most likely won't be selling the made in Canada on ice jerseys to anyone. Gonna be only selling some indo authentics for retail. Not even JB will be able to get the on ice jerseys. -__-

Ugggg.... that sucks... I asked jb about this a while back and he said he wasn't sure. I'm hopeful he ends up getting the hookup. 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, vadarx said:

Ugggg.... that sucks... I asked jb about this a while back and he said he wasn't sure. I'm hopeful he ends up getting the hookup. 

After the edge jerseys was introduced i lost interest in the game, just looked like s*** on the ice, now  i just starting to get back into the whole thing, pittsburgh's looking great again, the blues as well, and now adidas will ruin the whole thing. if i can´t get the real jerseys i will def lose interest in hockey again. of course only very few people feel that way, so the league won´t care at all.

i fukking hate adidas and everything they stand for, crappy sleeved NBA jerseys, 3 stripes on all of their soccer jerseys, and now perhaps this. 

Look on the bright side: Adidas/Reebok have been steadily losing their grip on the North American market over the past decade. Ten years ago, they had the contracts for all but MLB. Nike has taken two of their four and looks like they'll make a bid for MLS. Maybe when the NHL contract with Adidas runs out, Nike will put in a bid.

Oh wait, Nike isn't good at hockey.

43 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

I don't understand why teams don't work out their own contract for their own jersey suppliers, I think it would add alot more variation to the league.

It's about combining the purchases of the league together to drive down cost. 

30 teams to one manufacturer allows them to give a lower cost per jersey to the teams and help with the manufacturing process to again eliminate costs by streamlining production. 

You might get one new smaller guy (Bauer, warrior, true etc.) who might want to undercut adidas, but in the long run they would most likely find the business unsustainable. 

Edited by AlereFlammam

You would also have a team like Florida paying more for their jerseys because they would sell fewer than what the Leafs can. Also you would have to rely on individuals to negotiate. 

Lou would get us the jerseys for free. 

Vinny Viola would have to pay $1000 each

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Look on the bright side: Adidas/Reebok have been steadily losing their grip on the North American market over the past decade. Ten years ago, they had the contracts for all but MLB. Nike has taken two of their four and looks like they'll make a bid for MLS. Maybe when the NHL contract with Adidas runs out, Nike will put in a bid.

Oh wait, Nike isn't good at hockey.

Nike was having their jerseys made by SP in the late 90's and were they good.  

17 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

You would also have a team like Florida paying more for their jerseys because they would sell fewer than what the Leafs can. Also you would have to rely on individuals to negotiate. 

Lou would get us the jerseys for free. 

Vinny Viola would have to pay $1000 each

But then the big guys can stay with CCM etc, whilst the smaller sides, can go with a smaller brand who might sell their jerseys for less to get their name out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it even looks better ABOVE the numbers.

Like you said - anywhere else....

*Edit*
And now watching the Centennial Classic they are showing the patches both above and below the arm numbers.  Much, MUCH prefer it above the numbers.

Also interesting that Dana says they will be on the left arm sleeve, but these jerseys all have them on the right arm.

Edited by blurryhaze312

Expect the league to step in and see these get corrected for all teams to be in the same spot. While i totally agree that certain jersey designs would better showcase the patch elsewhere, i also appreciate the league not wanting to allow teams to slap it on the rear hem or anywhere else where it becomes a detractor. But honestly they could have mandated a chest or sleeve placement only option and everyone wins. 

On 1/1/2017 at 2:57 PM, blurryhaze312 said:

Also interesting that Dana says they will be on the left arm sleeve, but these jerseys all have them on the right arm.

Devils and a Bruins have them below the numbers on the right sleeve. 

42 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I really don't get why it couldn't have gone on the chest. It's so out of place on the arm and must be a real hassle to sew on.

Agreed. I mean a chest patch is a pretty standard location for most teams' event patches, no? 

7 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I really don't get why it couldn't have gone on the chest. It's so out of place on the arm and must be a real hassle to sew on.

It is. Just did one, it's pretty stupid. I can't imagine being the sucker having to do several sets of team jerseys.