2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well goddammit, if this is how the numbers are going to be, sign me the eff up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toronto-St-Pats-Maple-Leafs-AUSTON-MATTHEWS-2-0-AUTHENTIC-White-Jersey-Size-56-/302234495982

13 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Well goddammit, if this is how the numbers are going to be, sign me the eff up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toronto-St-Pats-Maple-Leafs-AUSTON-MATTHEWS-2-0-AUTHENTIC-White-Jersey-Size-56-/302234495982

I like that.

Effin a, Cotton. That is some seriously excellent stitching. Since I've seen that, I am now chomping at the bit to get my hands on one of those loose kits so I can try my chops at replicating the pattern. I guess it's a good thing I bought two of them last night.

K that's a bit messed...the guy told me they weren't going to customize them. I would have had them do it as they're Leafs kits are tight as f*ck. 

I feel slightly betrayed...

12 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Effin a, Cotton. That is some seriously excellent stitching. Since I've seen that, I am now chomping at the bit to get my hands on one of those loose kits so I can try my chops at replicating the pattern. I guess it's a good thing I bought two of them last night.

Looking at that authenticsports Matthews they actually used a felt nameplate on it and there is a straight stitch outline on the numbers in addition to the straight stitch X across the back numbers. I take back what I said before, these are going to be a pain to do.

No they're not. It's actually fairly simple. Just use the same method as the Leafs Winter Classic numbers. Snap a line from each corner on the back and stitch over it.

Yes, the X is simple but they also put a straight stitch outline around the numbers too.  That will be a pain to keep a consistent spacing around the whole number.

15 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

K that's a bit messed...the guy told me they weren't going to customize them. I would have had them do it as they're Leafs kits are tight as f*ck. 

I feel slightly betrayed...

I've had issues too with him customizing. I wanted an oshie and he keeps putting them up for sale but won't sell me one outright without going through the auction process. 

He did say he did the customization on the st pats.  Not sure why he wouldn't sell them off eBay 

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Committed said:
9 minutes ago, hatryk said:

I've had issues too with him customizing. I wanted an oshie and he keeps putting them up for sale but won't sell me one outright without going through the auction process. 

He did say he did the customization on the st pats.  Not sure why he wouldn't sell them off eBay 

He said they just got the materials in on Friday. They figured out how to customize them and are doing a test run on the Mathews to guage interest and come up with a selling price for customized jerseys. 

Just going to go ahead and guess that the Matthews is going to sell for a silly amount of money...it's a real sweet jersey that no one else has at the moment. 

I'm sure getting them already customized will be a bit more money but we'll worth it...these guys are spot on with Leafs kits. 

I would wait until the game and see how those jerseys are customized before getting authenticsports to do them.  Authenticsports machine embroiders their stuff while SLC does everything by hand.  There could be variations to how the stitching is done.  Authenticsports Leafs stuff is very close but not exact.  These st pats jerseys have the big strip on the back so seeing the placement of the numbers on the gamers is critical to getting an accurate job done.  The centennial classics had the stripe on the back and nobody gets the placement of the numbers right including authenticsports.

37 minutes ago, hatryk said:

I wanted an oshie and he keeps putting them up for sale but won't sell me one outright without going through the auction process.

That's silly.

I agree with TMLFAN. A "test run" doesn't inspire confidence three weeks ahead of the game. If I get one it'll be a blank and I'll figure out where to get it done later.

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

That's silly.

I agree with TMLFAN. A "test run" doesn't inspire confidence three weeks ahead of the game. If I get one it'll be a blank and I'll figure out where to get it done later.

Yeah I'd wait until the game just to make sure. 

Yeah Real Sports has them for $330.  Not too many blanks, but quite a few Matthews and Marner done up for $430.

Authenticsports can they even read?

Hi there as a Leafs collector from the UK would it be possible to reserve a size 52 St Pats then once the game has been played I'll choose a player to have it numbered up as? 

Thanks for your help.

We're not selling customized at this point only selling custom in auctions. Shipping to the UK would be $100 Canadian

As for the shipping, that's a joke.

2 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Ditto....wait until the game.

I am going to that game, so I am going to hit up some places there and try to get some pics.

Yeah if you can somehow get yourself on the bench to take some close ups of the gamers that would be great.  Thanks