2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

I saw someone post that there wasn't going to be authentics for adidas, I saw this tho

https://hockeyjerseyoutlet.com/collections/vancouver-canucks-jerseys/products/vancouver-canucks-252j-adidas-nhl-authentic-pro-jersey

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm also under the impression we'll be able to purchase Adidas authentics. The Canucks are giving away soon-to-be-released authentics to those who renew their season tickets:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/six-things-to-know-about-season-ticket-membership-renewal/c-288144124

I also reached out to @adidashockey on Twitter about the availability of authentics at the retail level, but they haven't responded. 

9 minutes ago, MaroonsRoad said:

Yes, I'm also under the impression we'll be able to purchase Adidas authentics. The Canucks are giving away soon-to-be-released authentics to those who renew their season tickets:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/six-things-to-know-about-season-ticket-membership-renewal/c-288144124

I also reached out to @adidashockey on Twitter about the availability of authentics at the retail level, but they haven't responded. 

They are "Authentic Retail Pro jerseys." That is what Fanatics will be selling as their equivalent, but not the on ice jerseys. It does not say that they are Adidas jerseys and Jersey Baron has said to some who asked that they will not be able to get the Adidas authentics.

Interesting.  It shows there are "customizable" jerseys as well as ones "Customized by Adidas to match what your favorite NHL players wear On-Ice."  Will this solve the problem of us having to look for on-ice lettering for each of our teams?

Well, it says that they are "252J Adidas NHL Authentic Pro jersey". But, that description in the link above reads an awful lot like anything said officially about a current Indo Edge.

Adidas may be hard pressed to meet all demand from pro teams for jerseys (hence only two uniforms for next year) in their Canadian factories, but I suspect they've got plenty of other locations round the world where they can churn out 'Authentic Pro' jerseys - Indonesia, for example.

There's also a worrying reference to clima-lite. Even though pro issue soccer jerseys are of a heavier grade than retail, that stuff does not really say 'hockey jersey' to me. Hopefully it'll be a different grade of the stuff (or will this be the difference between retail 'Authentic Pro' and actual authentic pro jerseys?)

From what I heard from JB, you can buy the Adidas equivalent to the indo-Edge at retail, but the made in Canada on-ice jerseys will be unavailable.

Take that for what its worth.

The code for the Canadian made adidas wcoh authentics was "7387".  This 252J could be the indo equivalent.

Just like with the edge switch it might take a year or two before Canadian made authentics become readily available.

2 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

From what I heard from JB, you can buy the Adidas equivalent to the indo-Edge at retail, but the made in Canada on-ice jerseys will be unavailable.

Take that for what its worth.

I think this is what will turn out to be the most accurate info.  Basically you will have 3 options for next year:

1) On-ice jerseys (Made in Canada) - Will need to purchase either game worn or game issued jerseys.  JB and others will not have access to these.

2) Retail Authentics - Basically the successor to the Indo-Edges that will be available to the retail masses.

3) Fanatics replicas - Successor to the Reebok Premier replicas.

If not being able to get the On-Ice Jerseys is just for the first year or production, and as long as in year two they will be available, I am fine with that.  It will give me a chance to purchase discounted Reebok jersey I want but have not had a chance to get yet.  I just hope that at some point, we will be able to purchase them.  If they are eliminated completely, that would suck the big one.

34 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think this is what will turn out to be the most accurate info.  Basically you will have 3 options for next year:

1) On-ice jerseys (Made in Canada) - Will need to purchase either game worn or game issued jerseys.  JB and others will not have access to these.

2) Retail Authentics - Basically the successor to the Indo-Edges that will be available to the retail masses.

3) Fanatics replicas - Successor to the Reebok Premier replicas.

My impression as well.  Regarding the retail authentics, I still find it amazing that a company would rather go through the trouble of creating an additional jersey production plant to make a redesigned authentic using different materials and making them in a different location, instead of just making more units of the exact same thing they are already making for the teams anyway.  Seems like the word "authentic" doesn't mean anything anymore.  Even so, if they used Canadian materials and outsourced the assembly for retails, like what Starter did using USA materials and assembling them in El Salvador, I wouldn't have much of a problem with that.  But if this is going to be another Indo-Edge situation, with an obvious difference in quality between retail and on-ice authentics, I most likely will quit buying new jerseys.  To this day I have never purchased an Indo-Edge.

I got really spun up about the initial unavailability of 2.0's - so much so that it helped me take a sabbatical from the hobby.  This time around, meh.  I'll be disappointed if retail on-ice authentics aren't ever available, but that just means more money to spend on vintage stuff.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

To this day I have never purchased an Indo-Edge.

Same

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

I got really spun up about the initial unavailability of 2.0's

Also same, but it made me go out and overspend on a GI that now I can't sell for half of what I paid.

• 4 weeks later...

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

On 5/1/2017 at 2:31 PM, CJ Matthews said:

Same

Also same, but it made me go out and overspend on a GI that now I can't sell for half of what I paid.

Jerseys are the only clothing that I am aware of that people want to get back as much or more than they spent. 

I consider them collecting and entertainment, I don't buy anything with plans to sell it, and Imam willing to subtract out the value of the enjoyment that I experienced from wearing and owning it.

Just now, lhg39 said:

Jerseys are the only clothing that I am aware of that people want to get back as much or more than they spent. 

I consider them collecting and entertainment, I don't buy anything with plans to sell it, and Imam willing to subtract out the value of the enjoyment that I experienced from wearing and owning it.

Well I never got to wear it so... :lol:

31 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

As much as I hate the Pens, that is a great looking jersey. So glad they went back to that classic look full time.

This is pretty cool!

Are the Penguins jerseys the ones that have the tracking chip sewn in them? I recall seeing a jersey that had what looked like one of those little thin tags they put on store merchandise so you don't steal it. Apparently it's scanned when the player goes on/off the ice or something to track TOI. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Are the Penguins jerseys the ones that have the tracking chip sewn in them? I recall seeing a jersey that had what looked like one of those little thin tags they put on store merchandise so you don't steal it. Apparently it's scanned when the player goes on/off the ice or something to track TOI. 

Yes, the equipment guys scan them after games I think.  If your on Twitter follow Dana Heinz.  He posts all kinds of penguins dressing room stuff

27 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, the equipment guys scan them after games I think.  If your on Twitter follow Dana Heinz.  He posts all kinds of penguins dressing room stuff

That is super cool. Would save all the research one has to do when buying a GW.