CJ Matthews

2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

887 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I swear, if the Blues do anything beyond their classic style, I will unleash a terrible vengeance on this city. No one will be spared! No one!!

Are you gonna blow up St. Louis, or the town you live in?  I just want to know where to avoid when they unveil five gold foil trumpets as a crest, or something.

You know, I'm disappointed in you. Given your avatar, I would have expected you to get that reference!

Tagged as the Penguins 50th anniversary t-shirt. Possible that it could be the 50th anniversary jersey, maybe Stadium Series?

http://shop.nhl.com/Pittsburgh_Penguins_Men_T-Shirts/Mens_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Sidney_Crosby_Reebok_Light_Blue_50th_Anniversary_Name_And_Number_T-Shirt

I say unlikely.

They've  never before leaked a product and left it up for weeks before unveiling the actual jersey.  I guess we'll see, but I just don't see it happening.  They've been talking about nothing but "Pittsburgh Gold" for the last two years....so I can't imagine that they wouldn't capitalize on that and go with a gold scheme that they can translate into an alternate jersey.

Don't forget they have a rematch with Philly in another Stadium Series game a few years from now, in Philly.  They've already billed it as a two-game series, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't use the same jerseys for those two games.

Looks like the Calgary Flames are ditching their most recent thirds - the ones with the Calgary word mark - and going back to their retros. They'll wear the vintage style reds 12 times this year including the home opener. 

In related news, last years third jersey can be bought for half price on the Fan Attic webstore ;)

I don't understand why Calgary won't just go back to the retros for home and away. Admit the error of your ways like Pittsburgh did, keep that third jersey because that thing was sharp.

1 hour ago, Griff said:

In related news, last years third jersey can be bought for half price on the Fan Attic webstore ;)

Is the listed price (320 -> 160) CAD or USD?

CAD

I'm pretty sure everything done by fanattics goes through the team customizer.

Yes, they use the team customizer. Spot on. 

Just to clarify, would that still be Great Plains?

Yep, unless it's changed in the last few months. 

OK, thanks!

10 hours ago, DC Red Wings said:

I don't understand why Calgary won't just go back to the retros for home and away. Admit the error of your ways like Pittsburgh did, keep that third jersey because that thing was sharp.

I disagree. The retro thirds aren't as good as Pittsburgh's. Unfortunately, the color balance just doesn't work as well and the colors get lost amongst each other. The addition of black to the Flames' color scheme definitely made their look better. The pre-Edge home and away are the best look they've worn.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Thats funny, you almost make it sound objective!

Watching the Leafs pre season game...still wearing Reebok? Is that just for pre season? When do they switch to the soccer shirts?

10 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

When do they switch to the soccer shirts?

Not til next year!

10 minutes ago, furiousd said:

That's not bad.  Will it be an all season patch like the 75th?

I don't think they've announced if they're wearing a patch yet but it may just be worn for the year 2017 if there is one. 

Hope it's a patch that's worn all season.  Meigray is taking deposits for the Flyers 50th anniversary jerseys :D