2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Any time I've bought a jersey from IJ that was advertised as Made in Canada, its been a 2.0. You should be fine. 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Wait, have you seen JB in person? In my brain, I have one of two images: Either a wise old man wearing a cloak and looking like a BA Jedi or someone with a warm gold aura that surrounds him like that thing in Pulp Fiction.

Yup I've met him many times. Great dude always fun to talk with him. He knows just as much and cares just as much about jerseys as we do

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM, LeafsShooter said:

I think I'll have to see how the season plays out before I commit to a player.

I believe the choice has been made only two periods into the season.

32 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

I believe the choice has been made only two periods into the season.

Seriously. History was made tonight. And the game's not even over yet. Crazy. 

Ill be the first to say I was wrong about Matthews. The guy scoring 4 goals so far in his debut is incredible. As a Canucks fan i am jealous of Toronto's youth and can honestly say ive thoroughly enjoyed a Leafs Sens game. Scary stuff! And on the topic of jerseys the leafs new ones are gorgeous. Sleeve numbers look like they are wider ala 90s penguins?

And the new jerseys are amazing.....told the wife that the jersey is sorely missing shoulder patches.  Feels like something is missing without them

And he did it without a smile...kid is focused. 

Also I think I might be older than his mom. When did that happen?

Edited by mfitz804

Dude scored 4 goals but Andersen looked like absolute trash as did the Defence other than Rielly.  Lots of work still to be done.

the jerseys are beautiful and I will be buying whatever they come out with but yes, definently would be better with at least one shoulder patch.

I ended up using the "Lifetime Return Policy" that IJ now has and I'm exchanging a home Flyers jersey that I still had blank for the 50th jersey. Figure that's a good swap!

Looking forward to getting this (hopefully early next week probably). Even though I don't love the style, this was a good way for me to keep the completist in me happy.

Edited by dsl135

I heard from a reliable source last week that the league will be wearing the 100th patch for the 2017 calendar year. That means 1/1/17 until 12/31/17.

Hmm. So what would they do for jerseys that are mid-set? Would they modify them and add the patch? That seems like a lot of work to recall and modify all those jerseys. 

9 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

With the obvious exception of the Backes line, everyone wearing a Bs jersey looks pretty bad tonight. Sloopy sloppy. It's going to be a long season.

Just wait until Backes starts sucking :)

Just to answer from a post many pages ago, the Pens arena store has the new whites but they are Indos. All of their home stock is Indo as well. 

On 10/13/2016 at 7:44 PM, Brilliant! said:

I heard from a reliable source last week that the league will be wearing the 100th patch for the 2017 calendar year. That means 1/1/17 until 12/31/17.

Good!  That's what I was hoping for! :-D

On 10/14/2016 at 7:07 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Surely the league would send out the patches to the teams equipment managers and have them sew it on.

The Pens' staff does that all the time, so I don't know why that wouldn't be the case - good call.