2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Devils will be wearing white jerseys at home this Friday for their first ever Ring of Honor night.  First inductee is former owner John McMullen and they will be wearing this patch on their jerseys in addition to the 100th patch.

31959268722_24fd5c0e33_c.jpg

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils will be wearing white jerseys at home this Friday for their first ever Ring of Honor night.  First inductee is former owner John McMullen and they will be wearing this patch on their jerseys in addition to the 100th patch.

31959268722_24fd5c0e33_c.jpg

Love it. 

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-to-wear-vintage-jerseys-in-select-home-games/c-285340262

ST. LOUIS - If you liked the vintage look the St. Louis Blues had for the 2017 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at Busch Stadium, then you're going to love this news.

The Blues will be wearing those vintage uniforms in six more weekend games this season, including Saturday's Central Division matchup against the Dallas Stars at 7 p.m.

"I think all of us like the old-school look," Blues captain Alex Pietrangelo said in November when the jerseys for the Winter Classic were first revealed. "This is the look that started the Blues and we get to carry it on... It's a great mix, a great blend of color and history."

Here are the remaining dates to see the uniforms on the ice again: Jan. 7 vs. Dallas, Feb. 4 vs. Pittsburgh, March 11 vs. New York Islanders, March 25 vs. Calgary, April 2 vs. Nashville and April 9 vs. Colorado.

I like the idea, but as a collector, I don't like when they patch over the Winter Classic patch to do so. It should just be a separate set. 

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I like the idea, but as a collector, I don't like when they patch over the Winter Classic patch to do so. It should just be a separate set. 

They might use a new set.  The Leafs used the first winter classic jerseys two more times after the actual game.  Those jerseys did not have the patch and did not have the date of the winter classic in the neck area.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

They might use a new set.  The Leafs used the first winter classic jerseys two more times after the actual game.  Those jerseys did not have the patch and did not have the date of the winter classic in the neck area.

That I would not be opposed to. Might as well, rather than creating a new jersey for just one game that has become meaningless due to the proliferation of outdoor games. 

Devils are wearing a new set for just McMullen night.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils are wearing a new set for just McMullen night.

But it's a new set of the same jersey, so they can sell them. Not a new set of a new design only to be worn once. 

16 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Seems like that's splitting a very fine hair.  Both are pretty money-grubby.  The regular jersey with a patch is arguably worse.

From a money grabbing perspective, I agree. I just think it's wasteful to design a new style just for one game. 

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But it's a new set of the same jersey, so they can sell them. Not a new set of a new design only to be worn once. 

Yup it's a new set of the game design.  Difference is the McMullen patch.

right now I'm not entirely sure these patches will be for sale.  Devils never officially sold the JM, PB, KR-AV and the Prudential Center Opening night patches to the public.

24 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Some of the Winter Classic designs get adapted to new 3rd jersey status so I wouldn't go that far.

I don't think you read my earlier post. 

My point was, I like when they re-use the new design in some way, like turning it into a 3rd like the Blues. But I do NOT like when they just cover up the WC patch.

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My point was, I like when they re-use the new design in some way, like turning it into a 3rd like the Blues. But I do NOT like when they just cover up the WC patch.

Yeah the Rangers did that in 2012, and then just removed the WC patch the Stadium Series year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dragging up this thread for the Leafs fans