CJ Matthews

2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

887 posts in this topic

I got really spun up about the initial unavailability of 2.0's - so much so that it helped me take a sabbatical from the hobby.  This time around, meh.  I'll be disappointed if retail on-ice authentics aren't ever available, but that just means more money to spend on vintage stuff.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

To this day I have never purchased an Indo-Edge.

Same

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

I got really spun up about the initial unavailability of 2.0's

Also same, but it made me go out and overspend on a GI that now I can't sell for half of what I paid.

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

On 5/1/2017 at 2:31 PM, CJ Matthews said:

Same

Also same, but it made me go out and overspend on a GI that now I can't sell for half of what I paid.

Jerseys are the only clothing that I am aware of that people want to get back as much or more than they spent. 

I consider them collecting and entertainment, I don't buy anything with plans to sell it, and Imam willing to subtract out the value of the enjoyment that I experienced from wearing and owning it.

Just now, lhg39 said:

Jerseys are the only clothing that I am aware of that people want to get back as much or more than they spent. 

I consider them collecting and entertainment, I don't buy anything with plans to sell it, and Imam willing to subtract out the value of the enjoyment that I experienced from wearing and owning it.

Well I never got to wear it so... :lol:

20 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

Oh yea!!

31 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

As much as I hate the Pens, that is a great looking jersey. So glad they went back to that classic look full time.

This is pretty cool!

Two tags seems like overkill

Are the Penguins jerseys the ones that have the tracking chip sewn in them? I recall seeing a jersey that had what looked like one of those little thin tags they put on store merchandise so you don't steal it. Apparently it's scanned when the player goes on/off the ice or something to track TOI. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Are the Penguins jerseys the ones that have the tracking chip sewn in them? I recall seeing a jersey that had what looked like one of those little thin tags they put on store merchandise so you don't steal it. Apparently it's scanned when the player goes on/off the ice or something to track TOI. 

Yes, the equipment guys scan them after games I think.  If your on Twitter follow Dana Heinz.  He posts all kinds of penguins dressing room stuff

27 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, the equipment guys scan them after games I think.  If your on Twitter follow Dana Heinz.  He posts all kinds of penguins dressing room stuff

That is super cool. Would save all the research one has to do when buying a GW.