CJ Matthews

2016-2017 New Jersey Watch

887 posts in this topic

I got really spun up about the initial unavailability of 2.0's - so much so that it helped me take a sabbatical from the hobby.  This time around, meh.  I'll be disappointed if retail on-ice authentics aren't ever available, but that just means more money to spend on vintage stuff.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

To this day I have never purchased an Indo-Edge.

Same

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

I got really spun up about the initial unavailability of 2.0's

Also same, but it made me go out and overspend on a GI that now I can't sell for half of what I paid.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2017 at 2:31 PM, CJ Matthews said:

Same

Also same, but it made me go out and overspend on a GI that now I can't sell for half of what I paid.

Jerseys are the only clothing that I am aware of that people want to get back as much or more than they spent. 

I consider them collecting and entertainment, I don't buy anything with plans to sell it, and Imam willing to subtract out the value of the enjoyment that I experienced from wearing and owning it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lhg39 said:

Jerseys are the only clothing that I am aware of that people want to get back as much or more than they spent. 

I consider them collecting and entertainment, I don't buy anything with plans to sell it, and Imam willing to subtract out the value of the enjoyment that I experienced from wearing and owning it.

Well I never got to wear it so... :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

 

Oh yea!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PensFan77 said:

Pro Knitwear got the Pens Stanley Cup Final jerseys done, and I love the 3-patch look!

 

As much as I hate the Pens, that is a great looking jersey. So glad they went back to that classic look full time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pretty cool!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two tags seems like overkill

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Penguins jerseys the ones that have the tracking chip sewn in them? I recall seeing a jersey that had what looked like one of those little thin tags they put on store merchandise so you don't steal it. Apparently it's scanned when the player goes on/off the ice or something to track TOI. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Are the Penguins jerseys the ones that have the tracking chip sewn in them? I recall seeing a jersey that had what looked like one of those little thin tags they put on store merchandise so you don't steal it. Apparently it's scanned when the player goes on/off the ice or something to track TOI. 

Yes, the equipment guys scan them after games I think.  If your on Twitter follow Dana Heinz.  He posts all kinds of penguins dressing room stuff

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, the equipment guys scan them after games I think.  If your on Twitter follow Dana Heinz.  He posts all kinds of penguins dressing room stuff

That is super cool. Would save all the research one has to do when buying a GW. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now