Heh...that's exactly what I said too. Although...I DID pay about 50 bucks for the Rangers 9/11 ribbon...that's different though! Right? RIGHT???

Seeing that the last Canuck Place patch went for $82 and usually goes for $30, paying an extra $10 each for the Cup Finals and F. G. patch seems like a very reasonable price for the set.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh NICE! Way to go there. I'm glad somebody here got it.

Hey, let me ask you something...are you interested in letting that Canuck Place patch go? That was the only one I really wanted.

I wish I could... that was the one I was most interested in.

I'd be willing to part with the 2 Pts. F.G. or Cup Final patch however. I don't think any of them are 100% accurate, but with a few pictures, the 2 Pts. F.G. patch should be fairly easy to replicate, and more accurately. I've already got a cup final patch, I figured that there'd be no shortage of interest though.

how much would you want for the 2pt FG and cup patch? Those were the ones I was actually after :P

I'd probably be willing to part with them for pretty cheap. But I want to get them in hand first before I say for sure, as well as use the 2 Pts. F.G. as a reference when I get another one made, so it might take a while.

PM me your contact info and we can go from there.

I wish I could... that was the one I was most interested in.

You know what? I apologize. I didn't read your initial post all the way...just the bottom part for some reason. I completely missed where you had said you were looking for the Canuck Place patch. If I had known that then I wouldn't have asked you for it. Sorry dude!

Crap, crap, crap. I totally forgot to put a bid in on a 94 Cup patch. It ended up going for 8 bucks. ###### it.

Yeah, that's a bit much for a tightwad like myself. I don't even have a jersey to put the patch on yet, so I can just play the waiting game.

• 2 weeks later...

I just won a nice 1994 Cup patch on eBay for 10 bucks. Now I just need the jersey to put it on....

I`m not 100 % up to date with what patches you apply, i.e what year the jersey is from etc, a couple basic questions;

Could the present Ducks uniform wear the SC Champions patch?

Does the uniform(jersey) have to be from the exact year of the anniversary? (this one kind of answers itself :)

Speaking of the Ducks SC Patch, could the present day Senators jersey have a SC Cup Finalist patch applied to it? (I would guess that the answer is no. Assuming that the finalist patch is only for the jerseys used in the finals)

Any replies to the questions above will be greatly appreciated :)

im looking to customize a Zach Parise Jersey and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a 2007 Youngstars patch like in the picture below? i already got the 25th anniversary patch, so if anyone can help me get the 2007 Youngstars patch i'd really appreciate it.

jh8pz7.jpg

I`m not 100 % up to date with what patches you apply, i.e what year the jersey is from etc, a couple basic questions;

Could the present Ducks uniform wear the SC Champions patch?

Does the uniform(jersey) have to be from the exact year of the anniversary? (this one kind of answers itself :)

Speaking of the Ducks SC Patch, could the present day Senators jersey have a SC Cup Finalist patch applied to it? (I would guess that the answer is no. Assuming that the finalist patch is only for the jerseys used in the finals)

Any replies to the questions above will be greatly appreciated :)

The edge jerseys were not in use until this year, so no, they were not the same ones worn with the Stanley Cup patch.

It's really up to you if you want the jersey to be 100% accurate and the same year as the anniversary. Jerseys didn't change every year though so sometimes a jersey that was made and purchased one year was exactly the same as the one the next year so I guess then you could use an anniversary patch anyway.

The Stanley Cup patches do not distinguish between champions and "finalists," the same patch is worn by both teams since they don't know who is going to end up winning while they are playing the games. Again the edge jerseys were not worn, and the Senators did not even use the same style/logo as they do now, but you could put a Stanley Cup patch on a jersey of a team that did not end up winning. Personally, I don't understand doing that because to me having a Stanley Cup patch on a jersey of mine is to celebrate the accomplishment of that team, so putting that patch on a team that lost is kind of like saying, "Well they almost won the Cup." But then again, that's just my opinion, everyone has their own.

On some occasions, a Cup Finals patch is the only patch worn during the history of a particular style jersey and that's one reason I'd put a patch on a team that lost in the finals.

The Young Stars Game patches are really hard to get in my experience. I got one in 2004 at the All-Star Fan Fest when a friend of mine was kind enough to tell me that they were being given away at the Upper Deck hockey cards booth. UD was the sponsor of the game that year. You also had to ask for a patch. As far as I know they weren't just handing them out to everyone who walked by.

Perhaps if UD is still the sponsor of the Young Stars game, you might start with them if you can't find one on ebay, and I haven't noticed any of them on ebay for several years from any year.

On some occasions, a Cup Finals patch is the only patch worn during the history of a particular style jersey and that's one reason I'd put a patch on a team that lost in the finals.

Excellent point. The 1996 Avalanche is a good example with their first-year Starters. Also, I hate to say it but the 2000 Devils is probably the most unique example. They were the only team to wear the patch on a Pro Player jersey(Dallas wore CCM that year).

I don't see anything wrong with having both the winner and loser jersey with the Cup patch on it. If I have those jerseys and there isn't a more unique patch that I can put onto it, then I'll do it. I have a pair of those actually in Colorado-Florida and Detroit-Washington.

The edge jerseys were not in use until this year, so no, they were not the same ones worn with the Stanley Cup patch.

It's really up to you if you want the jersey to be 100% accurate and the same year as the anniversary. Jerseys didn't change every year though so sometimes a jersey that was made and purchased one year was exactly the same as the one the next year so I guess then you could use an anniversary patch anyway.

The Stanley Cup patches do not distinguish between champions and "finalists," the same patch is worn by both teams since they don't know who is going to end up winning while they are playing the games. Again the edge jerseys were not worn, and the Senators did not even use the same style/logo as they do now, but you could put a Stanley Cup patch on a jersey of a team that did not end up winning. Personally, I don't understand doing that because to me having a Stanley Cup patch on a jersey of mine is to celebrate the accomplishment of that team, so putting that patch on a team that lost is kind of like saying, "Well they almost won the Cup." But then again, that's just my opinion, everyone has their own.

You pretty much confirmed everything for me, thanks :)

The Young Stars Game patches are really hard to get in my experience. I got one in 2004 at the All-Star Fan Fest when a friend of mine was kind enough to tell me that they were being given away at the Upper Deck hockey cards booth. UD was the sponsor of the game that year. You also had to ask for a patch. As far as I know they weren't just handing them out to everyone who walked by.

Perhaps if UD is still the sponsor of the Young Stars game, you might start with them if you can't find one on ebay, and I haven't noticed any of them on ebay for several years from any year.

yeah ive looked all over and came up with nothing, oh well. i think i might just make it a brodeur instead then since i looks like its going to be impossible find that 2007 youngstars patch.

yeah ive looked all over and came up with nothing, oh well. i think i might just make it a brodeur instead then since i looks like its going to be impossible find that 2007 youngstars patch.

Brodeur did win the Vezina the year they wore the 25th anniversary patch, so it's good choice. That's what I'm doing with mine.

I was really tempted to do a "JM" memorial with the Scott Stevens jersey retirement #4's on the shoulders, but the Vezina winning season won out.

Hey Jeff, here's a question...in 1996-97, the Kings celebrated their 30th anniversary with a throwback purple and gold jersey for a few games during the season AND by using a 30th anniversary patch. Did they ever wear the 30th patch on their silver and black jerseys?

Hey Jeff, here's a question...in 1996-97, the Kings celebrated their 30th anniversary with a throwback purple and gold jersey for a few games during the season AND by using a 30th anniversary patch. Did they ever wear the 30th patch on their silver and black jerseys?

According to http://nhluniforms.com/ , they did not. I've certainly never seen it one a black and sliver either.

I've never even seen the patch in a photo to be honest. I imagine buying one of the patches would be a serious challenge.

EDIT: Well, a little poking around on Getty Images has turned up visual evidence of the Kings 30th Anniversary jerseys and patches, but neither player seems to thrilled to be wearing the loud and proud Purple and Gold jerseys. DaFoe in particular seems somewhat nauseated by the whole experience....

53134133.jpg53123230.jpg

I have been looking for that jersey forever. First off, it's a purple and gold Kings jersey which is great in itself BUT it's also a Starter authentic, which is even better!! It's probably not to be though.

• TMLFAN locked this topic