ARGH!! I'm an idiot. I bought a Flyers 25th anniversary patch from RCS.com but failed to recognize that their patches DON'T have the black border around them like the real ones had in 1991-92. This is what I got:

ladelphiaFlyers25thanniversary-vi.jpg

It's not bad looking but it's NOT ACCURATE. I have no one to blame but myself.

Actually the whole patch should be black. ;)

I can't remember seeing them wearing a white patch on their jerseys

BTW, why is this thread in "The Trading Post"? IMO it should be pinned in the "NHL" section.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken care of.

I'm actually thinking about getting the All-Star patch to put in its place. That patch is gonna drive me crazy becuase it's not correct.

Taken care of.

I'm actually thinking about getting the All-Star patch to put in its place. That patch is gonna drive me crazy becuase it's not correct.

Was there a photo of that on RCS when you bought it? I'm asking because I bought some of the old style IIHF patches from them and they reeked of being reproductions since they did not have a finished border like the ones I used to get off of ebay. Now if they are selling incorrect reproductions of the Flyers Anniversary patches, it's starting to look like I won't be able to trust them as a patch source anymore.

Yeah, the picture was incorrect. Like I said, it's my fault for buying it without realizing it. The 1994 Finals patch I got looks repro'd too actually. The lettering is very dark in comparison to the one I have on my Rangers jersey. Not a good sign apparently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could track down one (or ideally 2) of the Canucks patches for Canuck Place that they wore on the skate logo jerseys from 92(maybe 93)-97 (I think). It is the white background with red trim and a black Canuck Place logo. I realize ebay is probably the best bet, but I thought somebody might have other suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave

Unfortunately, there really are no other outlets for that one. I've checked. Far and wide too. Amazingly, I found an auction a few days ago with a lot of Canucks patches from the 1990's and THANKFULLY that one was in it. I needed one to complete my 1994 Canucks jersey so I made sure I won it. So keep checking eBay because they ARE out there.

Unfortunately, there really are no other outlets for that one. I've checked. Far and wide too. Amazingly, I found an auction a few days ago with a lot of Canucks patches from the 1990's and THANKFULLY that one was in it. I needed one to complete my 1994 Canucks jersey so I made sure I won it. So keep checking eBay because they ARE out there.

you got me in the final seconds. I thought my $75 bid would hold on and was in the process of placing a higher bid when the auction ended. Oh ebay...so fun and sometimes so frustrating. :). Congrats on getting those patches! I'll keep trying.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to get a couple of the NHL 2008 Premiere Prague patches like TB and NYR wore this weekend.

I wasn't sure they were available for retail until I saw this auction for the Sens/Pens Stockholm version:

2008 NHL PREMIERE STOCKHOLM PENGUINS-SENATORS PATCH

So anyone have an idea of where to look? I already checked most of the "usual suspects" - eBay, NHL shop, National Emblem, and a couple others.

I'm looking to get a couple of the NHL 2008 Premiere Prague patches like TB and NYR wore this weekend.

I wasn't sure they were available for retail until I saw this auction for the Sens/Pens Stockholm version:

2008 NHL PREMIERE STOCKHOLM PENGUINS-SENATORS PATCH

So anyone have an idea of where to look? I already checked most of the "usual suspects" - eBay, NHL shop, National Emblem, and a couple others.

The NHL shop is probably the last place I'd expect to find a patch of just about any kind really. It's not "mass market" enough for them to understand people might actually want one.

Check this thread out.

http://nextleveltalk.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=13&t=13104

There's several places that sell patches that might add them to their inventory in time. I think you're expecting them awfully fast since the games were just within the last 24 hours.

There's several places that sell patches that might add them to their inventory in time. I think you're expecting them awfully fast since the games were just within the last 24 hours.

Actually I was worried I might be too late. To be honest I wasn't sure how the patches for single events like that were sold - if they were all over the place before the event and then hard to find after etc.

I already looked at patchcollectibles.com and teampatch.com - I'll just keep checking back with them and eBay.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if someone might be able to give me the measurments of the NHL 75th Anniversary patch.

I picked up a Blackhawks barberpole jersey and want to add that patch. I've googled around, and it looks like I'll have to find one on eBay. Some listings have measurements and some don't. I'd just like to make sure that whatever replica patch I buy is as close as possible to the original.

Thanks!

Careful on ebay with those patches. The original ones had a thin border inset just slightly from the outer edge.

2001025730100337552S500x500Q85.jpg

Many of the ones on ebay are modern reproductions without the border. They tend to not lay flat, have a shinier background fabric and a larger white border around the embroidery and the background fabric is wavy.

Here's a pair of particularly bad looking ones for comparison.

0969_1.JPG2d62_1.JPG

If the photo is overexposed so you can't see the detail of the whether the edging is there or not, avoid it. A good one should lay flat in the photo and the background fabric is a bit coarser, so the pattern of the fabric is more apparent and has no shine to it.

The patch on my game worn one measures 3 5/8ths x 5 1/8th.

Thanks for the detailed info JeffB. I have a much better idea of what I'm looking for now. Much appreciated!

Hey guys I need your help. I bought an authentic kariya white 3rd jersey from the 1999-2000 season. I want to buy a 2000 patch but I'm not sure which one they wore on that particular jersey, and where I can buy it. Your help would be much appreciated :)

Hey guys I need your help. I bought an authentic kariya white 3rd jersey from the 1999-2000 season. I want to buy a 2000 patch but I'm not sure which one they wore on that particular jersey, and where I can buy it. Your help would be much appreciated :)

According to the word document I created back then, the Ducks wore "eggplant" on all three jerseys. This dark purple color should be different from the maroon worn by Colorado and on the Thrashers roads. The Ducks were the only team to wear this particular color.

As for where to get one, other than the obvious ebay, http://murfandpat.com/c-03.htm have eggplant listed, along with a note that Anaheim was the only team to wear it, for $15. That should give you confidence you will be getting the exact color the Ducks used and not a maroon one.

Thanks alot Jeff, I appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for some John Cullen clover patches that the Lightning wore in 97-98..i only have one but its for my patch collection i need a bunch for some jersey's...if anyone has one or knows where to get one..Let me know thanks

I am looking for some John Cullen clover patches that the Lightning wore in 97-98..i only have one but its for my patch collection i need a bunch for some jersey's...if anyone has one or knows where to get one..Let me know thanks

http://kaes.8ung.at/sale.htm

He has that one listed. He's a collector like we are, not an online business, but his site has been up and running for quite a long time now. Perhaps some others have actually purchased from him and can vouch for him.

I got mine off of ebay, but I'm sure you've ben looking there already.

http://kaes.8ung.at/sale.htm

He has that one listed. He's a collector like we are, not an online business, but his site has been up and running for quite a long time now. Perhaps some others have actually purchased from him and can vouch for him.

I got mine off of ebay, but I'm sure you've ben looking there already.

He's a friend of mine living in Austria. I had several deals with him.

• TMLFAN locked this topic