He's a friend of mine living in Austria. I had several deals with him.

I figured that was probably the case. :stickhndl:

He's got a nice website that has been a valuable resource of information for me. I'm glad he's taken the time to share it with the world and keep it updated.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to hunt down a 96 World Cup patch for a Team USA jersey...I've looked on ebay,but no luck and saw River City had it,but I'd had to pay the shipping costs for just a patch. Anywhere else?

Need to hunt down a 96 World Cup patch for a Team USA jersey...I've looked on ebay,but no luck and saw River City had it,but I'd had to pay the shipping costs for just a patch. Anywhere else?

I don't recall seeing the small or large ones anywhere "on demand" aside from RCS.

ebay does take patience sometimes. :unsure:

question, I'm looking to make a Dubinsky home jersey with the Brian Leetch retirement shoulder patch and the 2 on the chest. The 2 seems to be an off size tho (larger than the sleeve numbers). Where would someone look to get something like that? Thanks all.

When did the Rangers wear a #2 on the chest? I was at that game and don't remember that at all. Was it a pre-game thing before the ceremony?

Some of the Rangers legends who were there wore the #2 where the C would be (on a white jersey) and the patch on the shoulder. All the game photos I've seen have the Rangers wearing the patch on a blue jersey with no number 2. Could it have been a warm-ups only thing and then the jerseys were auctioned or something? BTW good choice on the Dubi jersey, I'm a fan myself.

question, I'm looking to make a Dubinsky home jersey with the Brian Leetch retirement shoulder patch and the 2 on the chest. The 2 seems to be an off size tho (larger than the sleeve numbers). Where would someone look to get something like that? Thanks all.

When did the Rangers wear a #2 on the chest? I was at that game and don't remember that at all. Was it a pre-game thing before the ceremony?

During the number retiring ceremony, the whole team had a 2 where the captain's C would go. I guess I could just go with the game version and leave the 2 off. thanks guys. :)

leetchnightmr7.jpg

I would shoot an email to the guy at Minnesota Vintage Hockey. I've yet to use him, but I think for $3 for a single number, you can take the risk. From the emails Ive had with him, hes done lots of jerseys and has a lot of knowledge and can do just about anything. If you shoot him that picture, I'm sure he could come up with something close. Now from the looks of things, the pre-game jerseys were all old 6100s, not the EDGE jersey if that matters to your project.

I would shoot an email to the guy at Minnesota Vintage Hockey. I've yet to use him, but I think for $3 for a single number, you can take the risk. From the emails Ive had with him, hes done lots of jerseys and has a lot of knowledge and can do just about anything. If you shoot him that picture, I'm sure he could come up with something close. Now from the looks of things, the pre-game jerseys were all old 6100s, not the EDGE jersey if that matters to your project.

good to know, thanks for the info!

During the number retiring ceremony, the whole team had a 2 where the captain's C would go. I guess I could just go with the game version and leave the 2 off. thanks guys.

Oh wow. I had no idea. I guess I missed it seeing the game live and not on TV.

During the number retiring ceremony, the whole team had a 2 where the captain's C would go. I guess I could just go with the game version and leave the 2 off. thanks guys. :)

leetchnightmr7.jpg

Theyre also not wearing EDGE jerseys in that picture. I have seen pictures from people that bought jerseys used in those pre-game warmups and theyre the 06-07 Reebok Authentics...which I thought was weird.

Theyre also not wearing EDGE jerseys in that picture. I have seen pictures from people that bought jerseys used in those pre-game warmups and theyre the 06-07 Reebok Authentics...which I thought was weird.

I'd say that's the best part! Boy, that sounds like something I'd really like to do actually. I'd rather have the Leetch patch on a 6100 jersey than the EDGE.

I'd say that's the best part! Boy, that sounds like something I'd really like to do actually. I'd rather have the Leetch patch on a 6100 jersey than the EDGE.

I second that!

Hey jersey guru's... I'm just getting into the jersey game, how can you tell the difference just by looking at them?

One way to tell is that the non-EDGE jerseys don't have the NHL shield at the neck. Also the bottom of the EDGE jerseys are kind of rounded, like a baseball jersey.

Like a baseball jersey, which is tucked in so the diaper-like bottom hem does not show.

The non-EDGE jerseys are straight.

So are you saying EDGE jerseys are gay? :P

Interesting fact, tonight the Canadiens were wearing the 33 Roy patch on the opposite side of where the "C" or "A" would be, but were not wearing the 100 years and allstar game patches on the shoulders.

Is there a rule against teams wearing more than 2 patches?

I'm wondering if a team ever wore more than 3 patches on a jersey. Remember the Penguins who had 4 different patches in 1991-1992 but only 3 were worn and one of them was replaced with the Stanley Cup finals patch. Then I remember the Hurricanes waering 3 patches in 1999-2000... ok, one of those patches was worn by every team.

The Canucks wore three in 1994 too. Canuck Place, 2 pts. F.G. and the Cup patch. If you think about it technically, the Penguins actually did wear four patches on their jerseys; the 75th patch was just sewn over by the ultrafil piece and the Cup patch.

Something tells me that the league instituted a rule this year against three patches actually. If you remember a few weeks ago, when the Leafs and Habs played in the Hall of Fame game, Montreal wore their ASG and 100th anny patches but did NOT wear the Hall of Fame patch on their jerseys. They're the first team since the patch was introduced to not wear it. That made me think then and seeing that they didn't wear their two commemorative patches last night makes me think now. I really wanted to do another three-patched jersey too. Oh well.

The Penguins, Canes and Canucks are the only 3 patch jerseys I have from NHL teams.

I can't believe there aren't more, but all three of those involve a memorial patch, so perhaps it's better if there aren't more if someone has to die to make it happen. :unsure:

The All-Star jerseys often had 3 when you combine the event patch, players team logo and players national flag.

The International jerseys can load up on patches quick since they generally have the IIHF patch on all of them to begin with.

I have a red Canada Lemeiux World Cup 2004 that has the tournament patch, the 9/11 memorial and IIHF. I also have a red Czech Jagr with the World Cup 2004, Ivan Hilnka Memorial and IIHF. Again, both of those involve a memorial patch.

I've just sent in a Denmark jersey with their Federation logo, sponsor patches and IIHF patch.

ARGH!!! I found a 1993 Coupe Stanley Championnat patch the other day that I was watching and got outbid by a dollar today!! Anybody know where I could find another one of those? Hard I know, but I'm desperate.

Since I was originally on a quest for a 99-2000 Blue CCM Leafs jersey that I was planning on applying the NHL2000 and All star patch, which I always thought looked AWESOME and came up unsuccessful, I have decided to go with a Blue Nike Leafs jersey with a "Memories and Dreams"patch instead. I only see them on Ebay and they are pricey. Anybody got one for sale or looking to trade? I want to make this a sharp looking "Cujo" jersey. Thanks a bunch.

I don't know if we've ever collected the jersey patch resources all in one place before.

These are all places I have bought from in the past and have had good experiences with.

http://murfandpat.com/ Good for older items. He also sells on ebay cheaper than his webstie, so look there first.

http://patchcollectibles.com/ Highly recommended

http://patchcollection.com/ Recommended

Ron Klimenko at igofivehole@gmail.com Good for older, hard to find things.

http://rivercitysports.com/ (this is a last resort due to their high shipping cost)

Also, National Emblem will sell direct, but you should have no problems getting their patches from ebay, patchcollection or patchcollectibles for less than full list price. Also, with National Emblem made patches, no matter who you buy them from, you need to remove the hard plastic backing before they can be sewn on.

http://www.nationalemblemcollectibles.com/specialevent1.php (scroll down for hockey)

• TMLFAN locked this topic