Does look to be authentic? I disagree with the price, but what are your opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maple-leaf-Gardens-last-year-official-jersey-patch-/230507933942?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop#ht_500wt_1154

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not authentic. There is supposed to be a blue border, and the ribbon part has a deeper cut in to it.

nhlpatches.info has a good pic of an authentic.

Hello,

Anyone know where I could obtain a "Teammates For Kids" patch (circa January, 2007)?

OR anyone here have an extra they would be willing to part with?

Thinking of using it to customize my Meigray GB Panthers jersey...intend to make it a Belfour.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I bought mine off of ebay. One thing to look out for is the font used. You want this "non-serifed" version.

2524140970100337552S600x600Q85.jpg

The remake version was based on this logo

T4K_logo.jpg

and were made with the serifed font.

Good luck.

If it is like 15 bucks or whatever, would you mind picking me up one? I would EMT you for it and shipping.

those bastards still owe me one of those. next time I go to the Pepsi Center I'll pick up a bunch for people on here.

Does look to be authentic? I disagree with the price, but what are your opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maple-leaf-Gardens-last-year-official-jersey-patch-/230507933942?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop#ht_500wt_1154

I'm almost %100 sure that patch came native on my jersey when I got it.

Why not just buy a blank jersey from that year with the patch already on it? :) your rich :lol:

Either or, that isen't the correct patch. Close though.

I don't know if the patch was sold retail.

I found two of these sitting in the display case of City Sports Lettering a few weeks back.

2354210590106640961S200x200Q85.jpg

I asked where they came from and was told they were cleaning out in back and found them. Don't know how many there were originally, but I got the last two. I dropped in again recently and asked if they had found any more old stock patches, as I'm still looking for an authentic Blackhawks WWW Wirtz memorial patch, but nothing old/new had turned up.

I'm keeping one (as I'm into patches now too), but I'm hoping to trade the other for the WWW patch. There are a lot of reproductions out there, but I have some references and Murf was kind enough to point me in the right direction as far as the correct size. The repros are bigger and have detail differences. I figure if I had any chance to get the right one, it would be from somone on these boards.

I know there were a couple of people here looking for this one. If someone wants to do a simple trade that would be great. :)

Does anyone know if the 1998 Red Wings "Believe" patch was ever released for retail, or are there just reproductions out there?

The Believe patch was one of the first times I ever encountered the hard plastic backing issue associated with National Emblem, so those should have been an original retail version.

This is the oldest one I have. It differs from the later ones in the way the last backwards "N" curls under and connects to the "M" at the end of the banner. Also notice how crammed all the wing elements are to each other.

2476590180100337552S600x600Q85.jpg

This is my most recent purchase of that patch. The red chunks of the wing have more space around them and the letters at the end of the banner have more space between them and are slightly thinner. I'm sure there are other subtle differences like how the banner does or does not touch the edging.

2266231090100337552S600x600Q85.jpg

Actually, your most recent purchase is closer to the ones worn than the old version you have. Is there also a difference in color? From the game worn patches it looks like the blue was more of an acqua color.

Here is a game worn version:

GameWornBelievePatch.jpg

EDIT - I couldn't make the above photo large, but if anyone is interested in blown up pics go to the following links and click on the pictures of the patches:

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Jamie_Pushor_Red_Wings_Game_Worn_Jersey_Believe_Team_Letter-1086-51.html

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Sergei_Fedorov_Red_Wings_Game_Jersey_Believe_1998_Stanley_Cup_Finals-1381-51.html

Does anyone know if there was ever a replica of the 2008 Hockey Fights Cancer patch? I am also interested in seeing a close up of the game worn patch.

78915844.jpg

There have never been retail versions of any Hockey Fight Cancer patches. Recently some remakes of the first generation HFC patches have shown up on ebay, with the orange lettering, but they are rather poorly done. The remakes of the 2008's with the silver lettering have yet to be faked.

HFC08BruinsChara.jpg

Anyone out there have or seen a decent 1992 Stanley Cup patch out there. The ones I've seen on ebay are Ok to brutal. Any thoughts leads?? Thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to find legit 2000NHL patches on Ebay?

I need ones for the following teams

Devils

Penguins

Hurricanes

Stars

Lightning

these are the ones i am looking for at the moment

• TMLFAN locked this topic