What materials/techniques are these?

I'm looking at doing some customisation on some non-NHL jerseys I have, and because they wan to be awkward, they don't use the kind of sports twill that they use in the NHL. I was wondering what materials they used, going off this gameworn that I have:

(In this picture, i'm talking about the main number's material)

J72Sk2m.jpg

(In this photo, i'm talking about the materials of the namebar, the number 7 and the red letters although it looks like the letters are the same material as the numbers here)

2bJseMN.jpg

Now, for part two of my question, are the materials above the same that look to have been used in these photos? (These are the best available photos I can find). I was also wondering as to the technique used to do this customisation, as I believe it's not layered. It's worth mentioning that these jerseys are manufactured/customised by the same company so I suspect the technique is the same, although I can't be sure. Does the techniques used below (to get the green outline around the white, and the black outline for the white numbers respectively) look to be the same used above? If so, would it be possible to do this effect on a home sewing machine?

YzTKdA4.jpg

svlAnO6.jpg

Thanks guys!

It reminds me of Cordura nylon.

It looks like everything is embroidered onto a base layer of twill. I suspect there isn't any glue underneath either because of how crumply it all looks. The Oilers and Jets used something like this in the 80's.

So a brief update to the second part of my query, after attending the Steelers game vs the Nottingham Panthers (the yellow jersey photo above) tonight, I can confirm that the outline colour is stitched onto the number, and then the whole thing is stitched onto the jersey. I'm almost certain that it's just a simple wide satin stitch that's used for the outline, and since the white Cardiff jersey has the same manufacturer, I suspect it's exactly the same technique. The material stumps me though. It's definitely not the kind of sports twill with adhesive on the back that they use in the NHL and, as said by Mike, there is in fact no glue or anything holding the numbers to the material.

So really, all i'm wondering now is: what kind of twill is used, if not the sports kind used in the NHL?

It almost reminds me of the twill that certain articles of clothing are made from. I think I had couch pillows made from that type of twill at one point too.

I bought a loose crest a couple months ago that looks a bit like that number twill. It almost looks like cotton, but I'm not sure.

I think we're on the right lines with this. I wish last night I was able to see the players numbers, which you'd have thought I'd be able to do considering I was sat at the glass.