Red Wings TBTC Font Help?

The_Dude_Abides

Hey guys. Does anyone have access to references for correct Red Wings 91'/92' TBTC fonts? I need to see a #4 in particular.

Thanks!

Heres a probert pic in the front row. Can see the sleeve numbers. Also a 91/92 pro set platinum card.

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/199192_Detroit_Red_Wings_season?file=91-92_DetRW.jpg

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/4888/cid/1190259/1991-92-Pro-Set-Platinum-34-Bob-Probert

Edited by chow_hound

Looking for the back number if possible. Ive searched everywhere...can't find a single photo of the back #4. Keener may have to do this one from scratch.

I haven't seen a good photo of a back #4 of the TBTC font, but I wouldn't trust that Probert jersey photo to be accurate, because everything else on it seems messed up. The letters are too skinny, and they should be straddling the top red stripe, not the second one. The back #2 is way off- the center portion should not be a diagonal bar like it is on the arm #2's, but rather a horizontal bar with diagonal clips on the 2 opposite corners.

Edited by LAK74

I haven't seen a good photo of a back #4 of the TBTC font, but I wouldn't trust that Probert jersey photo to be accurate, because everything else on it seems messed up. The letters are too skinny, and they should be straddling the top red stripe, not the second one. The back #2 is way off- the center portion should not be a diagonal bar like it is on the arm #2's, but rather a horizontal bar with diagonal clips on the 2 opposite corners.

Yes you're right...I saw that photo during my search yesterday but I appreciate you guys trying your best to help.

I literally spent 2-3 hours online yesterday trying to find this number. I searched Getty Images, gamers and went as far as looking for every player with a 4 in their number. This number is incredibly elusive! Lol.

It would be awesome if the shoulder numbers were at least close to the back number font, but they aren't even close...way different.

I will probably have to let Keener come up with a #4 himself. I'm sure he can make it look right.

My only other option is kibosh the Probert and do another player...but I REALLY want a Probert. I think it's worth the risk.

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

I haven't looked for it, but I know there's video on youtube showing on-ice action and after a goal with close-ups of the players all celebrating and their backs to the camera...I'd hunt through some video if I were you, and I'll see if I can't find that clip again.

That's a great idea! I will definitely check that out. Thanks!

And just to complicate things, which may be neither here nor there, and I think Mike was the one who pointed this out in the past, this is either an anomalie, or they used different fonts on different sets, as noted by the differences in the rear number 1 on these two examples -

redwings9192tbtcjersey-vi.jpg

5636-vi.jpg

Again, it may mean nothing at all, but food for thought :D

I haven't looked for it, but I know there's video on youtube showing on-ice action and after a goal with close-ups of the players all celebrating and their backs to the camera...I'd hunt through some video if I were you, and I'll see if I can't find that clip again.

Any chance you remember what type of video it was? Was it a heighlights reel, an entire taped game?

Searching all those videos will chew up my data pretty fast...might have to wait till I get home to start searching.

A great shot ,is that who you will be doing the jersey up as ,I did Stevie Y

a little off as of the pic in the you tube shot ,did get it from a board member here

IMG_0309_zpspfczkviz.jpg

Edited by cowboys

A great shot ,is that who you will be doing the jersey up as ,I did Stevie Y

a little off as of the pic in the you tube shot ,did get it from a board member here

Very nice jersey man! I've got one myself. Had to do a Probert for this one. It's a 56 too so I can wear it as well. My Stevie is a 52.

There must have been variations in the font because all the other pics I've seen have a differently shaped 2. A video of a Probert fight, the pic of Cheveldae and the last shot with Ysebaert (#21) in the background all show the 2 with the horizontal center bar:

image_zpsleligi7w.png

image_zpszawioswy.jpeg

image_zps4cixtjcv.jpeg

Yup, I see what you mean. I kind of like that horizontal 2.

• 5 years later...

Thread from the dead but does anyone know if there is a reference showing which dates / games the O6 teams wore the TBTC jerseys, specifically the Red Wings and even more specifically the Red Wings vs North Stars that season?

I can narrow to 7 games, well 6 as Probert didn't play in the 14th March 1992 game. This relates specifically to fonts when Probie wore the A which this hockey card shows was against the North Stars. If I can nail the date I can narrow the search for game footage to confirm what my investigations thus far have shown of old footage when Probie did not wear the A which is different sleeve and rear number 2 fonts.

Thanks in advance if anyone has anything.

Probie A.JPEG

Update on above post, I have narrowed this down to the October 12th, 1991 game. Unfortunately there is zero footage on Youtube. Anyone got any ideas where I may be able to find some? Probert scores a goal so really hoping there is something out there I am missing. Thanks in advance.

I found this series of videos which I am sure you have found too but the 3rd video which might contain the Starts game seems to be blocked in the US. The second video has the Canadians game which is directly before the game you are looking for. I did get this screen grab from the first game of the season against the Blackhawks at the 13:35 mark. He isnt wearing the A, so I am not sure how much it actually helps.

51237911646_03086db3f1_z.jpg

Yeah, cheers, I've spent an inordinate amount of time going through all those videos looking for clues. That 3rd video is totally MIA everywhere but the other "episodes" bookend that Stars game so I am pretty confident in slapping the A on there and the fonts being accurate based on a number of screen grabs I've sent to Keener. 

Thanks again for taking the time to assist and investigate. Now to get it done up and home to its TBTC brothers.