2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fatso treated his backups like s*** back in Jersey so it's no surprise he did like Schneider coming to take his job. He basically thought he was going to waltz into St. Louis and take the starting job because they had a good team with 2 average AHL goalies.

The GI ASG jerseys had the NHLPA logo on the back hem. If you put anyone other than Scott on your jersey, especially if you are wasting it on that sieve from Jersey or thief from Florida, then you are as horrible as people that strip gamers.

This confirms I did the right thing.

Of everybody here who is buying one, who is getting a Scott jersey, and who is getting a different player? I'm just wondering.

Getting a white one for Doughty, and a black for Quick. Worked out kind of nicely, as I initially didn't think the Pacific would make it out of the first round, in which case I probably would have bought only one. The previous ASG jerseys I have for these guys were black for Doughty and white for Quick, so it's nice to balance things out here with the new ones.

Getting a white one for Doughty, and a black for Quick. Worked out kind of nicely, as I initially didn't think the Pacific would make it out of the first round, in which case I probably would have bought only one. The previous ASG jerseys I have for these guys were black for Doughty and white for Quick, so it's nice to balance things out here with the new ones.

Funny, I regarded Schneider only wearing the white as working out for me, as I didn't have to buy two!!

Makes me wish Palmieri had made it and the metro advanced so I could do that. Still don't get how he didn't make it with 20 goals, capitals having too many good players.

Although yeah, it's a bit easier on the ol bank account just having the one guy wear one color.

Edited by JoeM7392

Of course, I'm off collecting other team's jerseys, but John Scott isn't on another team, could technically get a black one without violating my self imposed rules...

Yeah, me too.

And of course if you go for it, I know a quick way you can offset $50 of that purchase...

:)

Edited by mfitz804

You're relentless. Oh wait, were devils fans. So I believe that makes you #RELENTLESS.

Luckily for you I tend to cave under pressure.

Good picture. EPS says they can do them to spec for $65.

Interested to know what spec is exactly. The name is easy, but is the number 1 layer, sublimation maybe? I don't see stiches on the gold.

Edited by JoeM7392

Good picture. EPS says they can do them to spec for $65.

Interested to know what spec is exactly. The name is easy, but is the number 1 layer, sublimation maybe? I don't see stiches on the gold.

Thank you…. and yeah, All of the numbers I've seen in person on the replicas here in nashville are a one piece rubber like material. I wonder if the actual numbers on the game worns are the same?

I"m debating between getting a Weber or JosI made up. Have a black 2.0 on the way. After being at the All Star weekend and seeing a sea of these jerseys. I really love them… Especially the black one . I wasn't sure at first but they really grew on me.

Edited by steezyb

That's a fantastic picture, and pretty much confirms that the kits are similar to what's been done in recent ASG's. The dull black finish on the perimeter of the number with some white showing on the cut edges of the twill indicates that the numbers are almost certainly one layer sublimated. The only difference I can see from previous ASG's is that the nameplate area on the jersey is airknit, so the nameplate itself is also airknit, whereas they were previously mesh.

That is a great picture. EPS tends to know the specs for all ASGs, which ones are sublimated, etc. I e-mailed Josh and his response was his usual "no problem".

I agree the numbers look sublimated. I had asdumed so because of the striping/shading on the numbers, that's usually a good clue.

That's a fantastic picture, and pretty much confirms that the kits are similar to what's been done in recent ASG's. The dull black finish on the perimeter of the number with some white showing on the cut edges of the twill indicates that the numbers are almost certainly one layer sublimated. The only difference I can see from previous ASG's is that the nameplate area on the jersey is airknit, so the nameplate itself is also airknit, whereas they were previously mesh.

I think the nameplate area is edge material. It has that shine to it that the back of edge jerseys have.

Also, it looks like EPS might have done the work on the game jerseys as well. That stitching on the letters looks like their work.

Hopefully we'll see more closeup photos that will be even more definitive. But for now, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on both counts. :) Imo, the hole pattern in Edge mesh is tighter than what I can see in the nameplate. And EPS' stitching is the tightest I've ever seen by any customizer. The number of stitches per inch on these letters is way lower than anything I've ever seen by them.

Edited by LAK74

Josh confirmed to me a few days ago that EPS did not do the game jerseys. They did all the skills competition stuff but somebody else did the game stuff.

That doesn't change much because they'll still do then correctly, but they didn't do them on ice.

the other thing I'm wondering is how I can get the small NHLPA patch? they were on the lower back hem of the jerseys. Was told these were only put on the players game worns. any ideas?

Edited by steezyb

the other thing I'm wondering is how I can get the small NHLPA patch? they were on the lower back hem of the jerseys. Was told these were only put on the players game worns. any ideas?

I believe it's embroidered, not a patch

I wonder if EPS will use the special material on the numbers that the on-ice jerseys had?

The following article states this:

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-unveils-2016-honda-nhl-all-star-game-jerseys/c-796215

Each All-Star jersey features the official NHL Shield infused with the Predators' gold in the crest. For the on-ice version of the All-Star jersey, the crest has been constructed with reflective material which glimmers in certain light as a salute to Nashville's vibrant night-life scene. The black and white color scheme in each jersey shares the colors of the keys on a piano to celebrate the city of Nashville's "Music City" nickname.

The All-Star jerseys will feature numbers and letters designed as modern interpretations of traditional country music poster lettering, which has been a defining aesthetic of Nashville. The numbers for the on-ice versions of the All-Star jerseys also will have the same reflective material as the crest. The tri-star mark, which appears in the neck gusset as well as on the pant, is a tribute to the Tennessee state flag and the Predators and a symbol of the elite athletes participating in the 2016 Honda NHL® All-Star festivities. Each All-Star jersey will feature two full-color shoulder patches – the player's home team logo and the NHL All-Star logo.