2016 NHL All Star Jerseys Unveiled

SnakeOiler12

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean you'd probably see white edges on 1 layer sublimated too, but I think the telling thing is that it looks like the middle point on the right edge of the 3 has peeled up already.

I might have "kiss cut" and "reverse kiss cut" confused again, but if in fact the black layer is on top of the yellow as Hannu previously described, wouldn't that mean a corner of the yellow couldn't possibly peel up?

Nah, the black part is peeling, you can see a shadow being cast under it. I have no idea what the terminology is for kiss cut stuff either.

I think that's definitive proof that the game stuff was 2 layer though, if anyone was still questioning it. Great find on that picture.

Edited by JoeM7392

I would agree, it couldn't possibly peel there if it was one layer.

EDIT: Where did this picture come from, and is it a gamer?

Which begs the question, what are all of you guys holding jerseys going to do about customizing them?

Edited by mfitz804

I might have "kiss cut" and "reverse kiss cut" confused again, but if in fact the black layer is on top of the yellow as Hannu previously described, wouldn't that mean a corner of the yellow couldn't possibly peel up?

The yellow could not possibly peel up, because it's the bottom base layer and it's stitched to the jersey via the same black thread that keeps the black strip attached to the yellow layer.

True, it's proof that the gamers were 2 layer if that is indeed a gamer. I'm assuming it is though, otherwise there wouldn't be much reason to post it.

I was worried about peeling, and that proves it will be an issue how it was done. I'm going one layer from EPS, screw it.

Edited by JoeM7392

True, it's proof that the gamers were 2 layer if that is indeed a gamer. I'm assuming it is though, otherwise there wouldn't be much reason to post it.

I was worried about peeling, and that proves it will be an issue how it was done. I'm going one layer from EPS, screw it.

Screw it twice, I am too.

I mean you'd probably see white edges on 1 layer sublimated too, but I think the telling thing is that it looks like the middle point on the right edge of the 3 has peeled up already.

It looks to me that the upper part of that might just be a black thread showing from sloppy stitching, and the bottom part not so much "peeling," but just a frayed sliver of the reflective material sticking out from the edge. The same fraying can occur on the outer edge of the twill even if it's stitched down.

Edited by LAK74

It looks to me that the upper part of that might just be a black thread showing from sloppy stitching, and the bottom part not so much "peeling," but just a frayed sliver of the reflective material sticking out from the edge.

Stupid phone screen. Looking at it on my computer, you may be right. Still, for the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to do one layer. I don't feel like fighting with Josh and at least I'd never have to worry about throwing it in the wash or whatever.

Edited by JoeM7392

Stupid phone screen. Looking at it on my computer, you may be right. Still, for the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to do one layer. I don't feel like fighting with Josh and at least I'd never have to worry about throwing it in the wash or whatever.

I don't find the two layer option very a-peeling either.

:)

Speaking for myself, I look at pictures of jerseys all day and would love to see more close ups if they are available.

Edited by mfitz804

Got a message back from Josh. He says the game lettering was done offshore and that neither EPS nor anyone here can do the numbers like the gamers. So for those of us getting our stuff done at EPS, it's not a question of whether we want them single layer or otherwise, it's the only way they can do them.

Got a message back from Josh. He says the game lettering was done offshore and that neither EPS nor anyone here can do the numbers like the gamers. So for those of us getting our stuff done at EPS, it's not a question of whether we want them single layer or otherwise, it's the only way they can do them.

That explains why they are only partially sewn.

It doesn't explain why I didn't get that answer when I asked, but ok.

So the jerseys were made in Canada, then mailed offshore to have the lettering done, and then sent back. Ok Josh, if you say so.

So the jerseys were made in Canada, then mailed offshore to have the lettering done, and then sent back. Ok Josh, if you say so.

To be fair, he didn't exactly say that in those words. He simply said "The numbers were made offshore and sewn on by RBK." It's quite likely the kits would have been sent here to North America to complete the job.

I think the better question is, where is this mystical offshore place that can sew the numbers that way but NOBODY else can?