Have you ever gotten a jersey tailored?

I just purchased my first ever Edge 2.0, a Canadiens Winter Classic. All my other authentics are Edge 1.0s, which fit me like a dream - I love the slimmer cut as a 6'2" skinny/gangly guy, especially the slim cut of the sleeves. Upon receiving my Canadiens Edge 2.0, I was very disappointed, as I feared I would be, by how ridiculous I look in the thing. I feel like a wizard or a Jed knight as my arms swim in the oversized sleeves, and I doubt whether I would ever really enjoy wearing it.

As someone who regularly has shirts tailored, I've been mulling whether to try to have them slim down the sleeves on the jersey (the body is pretty much fine). My fear would be that the results wouldn't live up to my hopes, and I then wouldn't be able to return the jersey. I guess I also have sort of a hesitation to modify the jersey from its original tagged size, even though I don't buy jerseys to sell them one day - I buy them with the intention of owning them forever/giving them to my hypothetical kids.

So, has anyone out there ever tailored a jersey, especially an Edge 2.0? If so, how did it turn out? Or do you all wear them as-is and just try to ignore the ridiculous look of the sleeves?

I've found the length of the sleeves to be more of a problem than the width. When your arms are down at your sides or in your pockets, you can't even really tell how wide they are.

When the sleeves go past your fingertips, and you're constantly pulling them up, well, then you just look like a kid wearing his dad's clothes. :blush:

I've found the length of the sleeves to be more of a problem than the width. When your arms are down at your sides or in your pockets, you can't even really tell how wide they are.

When the sleeves go past your fingertips, and you're constantly pulling them up, well, then you just look like a kid wearing his dad's clothes. :blush:

Me and my 82" reach have never had to worry about this. Even the sleeves on my 58+ hit me right at the wrist.

I do not, however, like wearing goalie jerseys because of the sleeves. They make me look like I have wings, like a bizarre bird man (instead of the bizarre regular man I am).

I have owned a fully tailored gamer before which was done due to a late season trade and a recycled jersey was used for the player who was much smaller then the recycled jersey. The side seams of the body and sleeves were opened and re sewn with an inch of material inside the jersey. This was a ccm 90s and likely less intricate in design. Im pretty sure you can do it but will misshape the sleeves as they are tailored on the edge system already.

I shortened the sleeves on a few 1.0s, never had an issue and it was nice and easy. I'm not sure that what you're talking about would turn out nearly as well as that did. I would just get used to it, because even smaller sizes have pretty wide sleeves. I'm a couple inches taller than you and also pretty slim, so it took a bit to get used to the baggy sleeves.

But hey, we pay hundreds of dollars to wear what they wear on the ice. So without pads on nothing is going to fit perfectly.

I would say you can get it tailored to make it fit better. Hell even gamers are sometimes tailored. One example is when the Rangers trimmed the hem on the Reebok Edge jerseys the first year or two they were out.

I think Barry also once mentioned someplace (I think its on the GW radio show recently) that they had gotten Brodeur jerseys that were tailored where panels were added to the sides to make them bigger as he liked them on the bigger side. Barry said they were more like 62's or even 64's.

I shortened the sleeves on a few 1.0s, never had an issue and it was nice and easy. I'm not sure that what you're talking about would turn out nearly as well as that did. I would just get used to it, because even smaller sizes have pretty wide sleeves. I'm a couple inches taller than you and also pretty slim, so it took a bit to get used to the baggy sleeves.

But hey, we pay hundreds of dollars to wear what they wear on the ice. So without pads on nothing is going to fit perfectly.

I think 1.0's are a little different as I find their sleeves to be tighter, but longer.

This settles it. I am wearing shoulder pads with my jerseys every day now.

I feel ridiculous every time I wear my jersey in any venue except a hockey rink. A size up or down doesn't bother me at all.

The older I get, the more ridiculous I feel. Not that it stops me.

You mean you don't do that already?

And I'm only going to wear each jersey with the actual make and model shoulder pads that the specific player actually wears.

I have the same issue, and was thinking about doing the same thing. I don't mind a bit of bagginess, but the Habs WC 2.0 sleeves feel so much bigger than any others I have. I can fit it over my jacket, which is something I can't do with any other authentics I have.

The proportions of the 2.0 are perplexing. Why would you tailor the body and then make the sleeves baggier? It's not like elbow pads are bigger now, or are they?

I think 1.0's are a little different as I find their sleeves to be tighter, but longer.

That's what I meant, a lot easier to shorten a long sleeve than to tighten up a loose one.

And I'm only going to wear each jersey with the actual make and model shoulder pads that the specific player actually wears.

Helmet and skates too, I mean if we're going authentic let's do it right.

Helmet and skates too, I mean if we're going authentic let's do it right.

And a cup. But on the outside of my pants so everyone can see I'm wearing the right one.

And a cup. But on the outside of my pants so everyone can see I'm wearing the right one.

Who said anything about pants?

Another option would be to get am Indo Edge instead. The body is cut like the 2.0 but the sleeves are much narrower. I'm sure I have a picture showing that somewhere if you want me to find it.

I know, I've owned one in the past and have considered it for future purchases. I do like the way they fit much better. But for one thing, it's hard for me to shake the knowledge that the Indo Edge is a vastly inferior product, and for another thing, they don't (to my knowledge) make Indo Edge WC jerseys.

I know, I've owned one in the past and have considered it for future purchases. I do like the way they fit much better. But for one thing, it's hard for me to shake the knowledge that the Indo Edge is a vastly inferior product, and for another thing, they don't (to my knowledge) make Indo Edge WC jerseys.

I think Chicago has Indo Edges for this year's Stadium Series game. At least several people here reported that.

I think Chicago has Indo Edges for this year's Stadium Series game. At least several people here reported that.

Yeah, I saw those the other day any Gunzo's. Too bad that jersey looks like something you'd find at a Kohl's.