Have you ever gotten a jersey tailored?

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge and brought my jersey to the tailor. I unfortunately didn't get a 'before' shot of me wearing it but I'll post an 'after' when I get it back. Then on to customizing, and hopefully it'll be done before the season's over...

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of it laying out on a flat surface as well.

• 6 months later...
On January 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Chazberg said:

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge and brought my jersey to the tailor. I unfortunately didn't get a 'before' shot of me wearing it but I'll post an 'after' when I get it back. Then on to customizing, and hopefully it'll be done before the season's over...

How did this turn out? I am interested in doing the same to a few loose 2.0 jerseys I have as well. 

I fitprgot all about this thread. I'm interested in seeing it too, not that it's something I would do personally. 

• 4 years later...
On 1/11/2016 at 12:17 PM, Chazberg said:

I just purchased my first ever Edge 2.0, a Canadiens Winter Classic. All my other authentics are Edge 1.0s, which fit me like a dream - I love the slimmer cut as a 6'2" skinny/gangly guy, especially the slim cut of the sleeves. Upon receiving my Canadiens Edge 2.0, I was very disappointed, as I feared I would be, by how ridiculous I look in the thing. I feel like a wizard or a Jed knight as my arms swim in the oversized sleeves, and I doubt whether I would ever really enjoy wearing it.

As someone who regularly has shirts tailored, I've been mulling whether to try to have them slim down the sleeves on the jersey (the body is pretty much fine). My fear would be that the results wouldn't live up to my hopes, and I then wouldn't be able to return the jersey. I guess I also have sort of a hesitation to modify the jersey from its original tagged size, even though I don't buy jerseys to sell them one day - I buy them with the intention of owning them forever/giving them to my hypothetical kids.

So, has anyone out there ever tailored a jersey, especially an Edge 2.0? If so, how did it turn out? Or do you all wear them as-is and just try to ignore the ridiculous look of the sleeves?

The bigger the better. Ever see a player after a game without pads and their jersey back on? There ya go. Jerseys arent a fashion item. They fit how they fit. Toss on a hoodie underneath and rock it. Cheers