Where to customize Habs 2016 Winter Classic Jersey?

mlaval

This is so obvious I can't see it being an issue.

Josh didn't believe me at first on mine, and granted, it was a tiny little mistake in the way a number was cut. Once I showed him some gamers as reference, he told me to send it right back and he'd fix it up for me. I just sent it with my next batch of stuff and its perfect now.

I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure his response won't be the friendliest. Stick to your guns and have them fix it.

I'm sure his response won't be the friendliest. Stick to your guns and have them fix it.

They should've known which kit is used. I actually e-mailed them before sending it in asking if they would customize it and how much it would cost.

It's funny I see a lot of them on Ebay now for cheap. I got mine from RCS when they had their extra 20% off in December. I should've just had them letter it.

That's a fair assumption because, you know, that's how the numbers are done.

I have to disagree, to the extent that EPS didn't do the originals, so I would not assume they would do them the same way. It's not a matter of using the right kit, it's how the kit is sewn. And there is no guarantee of 100% accuracy when using a different customizer.

Also, as it's been discussed on this site that in the case of that zigzag stitching, some places do it and some don't. If it were important to me, I'd have specifically asked the question and provided photo references, rather than just assuming.

Edited by mfitz804

Just be prepared to get blackballed. You don't question them without consequences. Everybody knows that hockey didn't exist before EPS.

I have to disagree, to the extent that EPS didn't do the originals, so I would not assume they would do them the same way. It's not a matter of using the right kit, it's how the kit is sewn. And there is no guarantee of 100% accuracy when using a different customizer.

Also, as it's been discussed on this site that in the case of that zigzag stitching, some places do it and some don't. If it were important to me, I'd have specifically asked the question and provided photo references, rather than just assuming.

I guess I expect too much of them.

" At Exclusive Pro Sports we maintain contracts with the professional leagues so that your pro sports jerseys are an exact replication of the authentic sports jerseys worn by players on the field."

Right from their website. If they are going to claim this then they should have known about the stitching on the numbers and should fix the mistake no questions asked.

" At Exclusive Pro Sports we maintain contracts with the professional leagues so that your pro sports jerseys are an exact replication of the authentic sports jerseys worn by players on the field."

Right from their website. If they are going to claim this then they should have known about the stitching on the numbers and should fix the mistake no questions asked.

That's a bold claim. But, that being said, I guarantee the specs submitted to the league include only fonts and sizes, not the manner in which they are stitched.

But based on that language, yes they should fix it. But I'd still say the better policy is to ask for what you want when going elsewhere than the original customizer.

I'm no EPS apologist, but in this case I see where and how they went wrong.

It's funny I see a lot of them on Ebay now for cheap. I got mine from RCS when they had their extra 20% off in December. I should've just had them letter it.

I got one from RCS in December too and had them do the lettering. They did it correctly. Although my jersey came without the Winter Classic patch. Did yours come with the patch on the shoulder? I could have sworn the photo showed the patch on the jersey. I emailed RCS about it and never got a response.

Edited by JerseyGirl

I got one from RCS in December too and had them do the lettering. They did it correctly. Although my jersey came without the Winter Classic patch. Did yours come with the patch on the shoulder? I could have sworn the photo showed the patch on the jersey. I emailed RCS about it and never got a response.

I got my patch from SportsK.

Update.... Josh e-mailed me back and was totally cool with me sending it back. No questions asked. I told him take as long as you need no rush. So, I'll be sending it out tomorrow after work.

Update.... Josh e-mailed me back and was totally cool with me sending it back. No questions asked. I told him take as long as you need no rush. So, I'll be sending it out tomorrow after work.

Good deal. Always good to hear when someone stands behind their work.

At least he's willing to own up to when he screws up and fix it. That's a good thing.

I'm happy that he's willing to fix this. And that this didn't have to escalate. Now when I send them my Blues jersey should I specify that I want the plastic trim on the numbers?

The one time that they made a mistake on one of my jerseys, they did not offer to pay the shipping back. But, I didn't ask, and I actually wound up just selling the Jersey.

Just to be safe, as Mfitz said earlier, unless they do the team specify literally everything. If you have any doubt they might not do what you want, put it on that order form.

Oh, and he didn't offer to pay to ship mine back either, but I had a batch going out anyway so it didn't matter.

Edited by JoeM7392

One time I even sent in a picture and they did the lettering wrong. Josh was cool about it and they re-did it and had it back to me in about a week. They included a $5 bill when they sent the jersey back to me to cover my shipping cost.

You'll never get the replica letters off clean. I've tried that before and have almost always failed. If it was factory-applied, it's even harder because they press the crap out of them so all the remover in the world won't get them off...and even if you DO get them off, you'll probably stretch them out horribly.

I'm happy that he's willing to fix this. And that this didn't have to escalate. Now when I send them my Blues jersey should I specify that I want the plastic trim on the numbers?

If it's a current style Blues, why not just send it to Liebe?

The answer to your question is yes. If its not a team they do, you should specify everything that you want so you get what you want, even if you think they know. If I send an NHL jersey to EPS that is not the Devils, I know they have the league specs, but I still provide whatever information I can, including photo references if available.

I even still go as far as requesting a nameplate made from whatever the appropriate material is for that given jersey. It can be assumed that they will just do that, but it doesn't hurt to lay out full instructions for them.

I'd add that this is not particular to EPS, I would do this with any customizer if I am not using the team's official customizer.

If it's a current style Blues, why not just send it to Liebe?

That's the other answer. Just use the team's shop, and it'll be "correct".

I happen to prefer just dealing with one shop. I had done a Brodeur Blues jersey and I tried to get in touch with Liebe, and I found it to be more trouble than it was worth (can't do it online, have to call, they may or may not answer, etc.). So I sent it to EPS and it came out perfectly.

Still miss that one...