Would like to introduce myself (and ask for opinions..)

kygermo

Don't forget about these.

SaToLCu.jpg

What is THAT?!

my god that quick stadium is just horrible.

It's so bad, it's hilarious. Kind of like a cheesy 80s horror flick lol. I actually had to send him a msg and call him out on it. Dude swears up and down it's legit. He probably bought it from somebody who told him it was real, and he believes it lol. Breaks my heart too because I want a Kings 2014 SS soooooo badly.

What is THAT?!

Philly wore HSI jerseys in the second half of the 1982-83 season, which was also the last year of Bobby Clarke's career. Since they were also wearing Cooperalls, the jerseys were cut shorter than normal.

And the fight straps weren't added until after the jersey was customized, and they'd use the back numbers for reinforcement.

FST1983.jpg

Philly wore HSI jerseys in the second half of the 1982-83 season, which was also the last year of Bobby Clarke's career. Since they were also wearing Cooperalls, the jerseys were cut shorter than normal.

And the fight straps weren't added until after the jersey was customized, and they'd use the back numbers for reinforcement.

FST1983.jpg

And you're lucky enough to own this gem?

Thank you, but he and I spoke already and its sadly not the one I want. I want the Dodgers Stadium one from 2 years ago, and the one he has in that link is from the San Fran game against the Sharks from last year. Appreciate you going out of your way to get that link for me though!

It's so bad, it's hilarious. Kind of like a cheesy 80s horror flick lol. I actually had to send him a msg and call him out on it. Dude swears up and down it's legit. He probably bought it from somebody who told him it was real, and he believes it lol. Breaks my heart too because I want a Kings 2014 SS soooooo badly.

yeah he must be out of his mind.

^ see that ^

yeah he must be out of his mind.

^ see that ^

Lol, thanks, but see my previous comment.

just saw it once i posted. lol

I'm with everyone here with regard to fakes. I personally would rather spend my hard earned money on the real thing than parade around wearing a fake jersey. sure some people cant afford the real thing and opt for the fakes, but there is just something about wearing something that is original (even say the premier replicas) compared to wearing what was obviously done as an imitation.

one thing about getting the real thing - once you get one, its like a drug, you will never ever go back to the replicas (fan version). I'm 18 jerseys deep into this addiction, not including the 8 replicas I bought beforehand. LOL

one thing about getting the real thing - once you get one, its like a drug, you will never ever go back to the replicas (fan version). I'm 18 jerseys deep into this addiction, not including the 8 replicas I bought beforehand. LOL

I'm sort of looking at this as getting your first tattoo. You take a lot of time figuring out what you want, get it done, and then come back for more and more. So far, I've only got 2 jerseys and both are premieres. But Im ready to take the next step and start getting the real stuff. What jersey did you pop your cherry with?

I'm sort of looking at this as getting your first tattoo. You take a lot of time figuring out what you want, get it done, and then come back for more and more. So far, I've only got 2 jerseys and both are premieres. But Im ready to take the next step and start getting the real stuff. What jersey did you pop your cherry with?

I got a Game Worn Getzlaf home during his first year as captain for Anaheim. It went downhill from there :D

I got a Game Worn Getzlaf home during his first year as captain for Anaheim. It went downhill from there :D

Ahh fine choice indeed. Dont get to see Getz very much since the Flyers only play the Ducks twice a year (and that game about a month ago in your barn was tough to watch. You guys smacked us lol), but I am a fan of his. Great well-rounded player. I was also happy to see you guys pick up Hagelin in the off-season since I couldnt stand him on the Rags. But of course, now you guys traded him to the Pens and we're stuck with him in the East again lol.

Ahh fine choice indeed. Dont get to see Getz very much since the Flyers only play the Ducks twice a year (and that game about a month ago in your barn was tough to watch. You guys smacked us lol), but I am a fan of his. Great well-rounded player. I was also happy to see you guys pick up Hagelin in the off-season since I couldnt stand him on the Rags. But of course, now you guys traded him to the Pens and we're stuck with him in the East again lol.

haha, yeah. captain baldy. he's good for sure, but he makes really bad blind passes and likes to pass more than he likes to shoot.

that said, he seems to have improved now that he has 2 former blues on his wings (Stewart and Perron). While Perry seems to mesh better with Rakell and Maroon. Hagelin was an odd pick for us in the offseason. it didnt make sense because we already had a speedy PK winger in Cogliano. he was essentially Cogliano 2.0 that didnt mesh well with Kesler and Silfverberg. it only made sense to unload him since his style wasnt suited to the Ducks' playing style.

Ironically enough, that jersey is a fake that someone remade of the original, and there's a similar Eagle Tocchet out there that's identical that I used to own.

These are pictures of both jerseys from the previous owner (a member here) -
Flyers198586RoadTocchetFrt31-vi.jpg
Flyers198586RoadTocchetrear31-vi.jpg

Note the same cut, same double elbows, collar, arm striping, etc.

Flyers198283RoadClarkHSIfrt-vi.jpg

Flyers198283RoadClarkHSI-vi.jpg

Edited by slimcutta

Admittedly, I bought the jersey thinking it was legit, and later resold it thinking it was legit.

It wasn't until I later found the real deal that I was able to see the differences -
Flyers198283RoadProppHSIfront-vi.jpg
Flyers198283RoadProppHSIrear-vi.jpg

Both the Clark and Tocchet fakes are really lightweight mesh, and the jersey feels fluffy and soft to touch.

Real HSI and Eagle jerseys are heavy, rougher to touch, and faded...Rob can speak better than I can re, but I'm doubtful any original HSI or Eagle jerseys exist that are still bright white like those remakes.

Speaking of which, that Clark sold recently through GW - http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/Bobby_Clarke_Philadelphia_Flyers_Replica_Jersey-9022-199.html

And if anyone here bought it and isn't happy, I'd message them. As soon as the auction went up and I saw that jersey listed, I messaged them to inform them, so their bad for not posting the information that it's indeed a remake.

Admittedly, I bought the jersey thinking it was legit, and later resold it thinking it was legit.

Ahh, what do YOU know about jerseys 1983-1993 anyway????

Finding anything authentic for the Flyers pre-1990 is difficult. If you want something from the 80s you have to be really patient or shell out big bucks. For example, if you wanted to recreate a Lindbergh, you'd have to find something from 81-85. That's a really narrow window. That's when they wore Sandow SK and Eagle jerseys. I haven't seen something from that era for sale in a while. And, it'll most likely already be customized, so you'll have to either live with who's on there, or strip it and get it redone.

As an aside, check out Rob's site when you have the time. He has a ton of game worn Flyers jerseys. You can use it as a nice guide to compare game worn to retail. Just beware, you'll be insanely jealous after looking :P. The guy has stuff that I can only dream of ever owning! Here: http://www.orangeandblackgamewornjerseys.com/

That's a really cool site!

Reminds me of the Hatcher jersey that MG had for sale for so long and someone eventually snagged. Would have been nice to have that one in the collection.