Jeremy Roenick LA Kings Edge.

kygermo

Whether you love or hate him, J. Roenick was a rarity among NHLers. He shoots from the hip, refuses to give the standard hockey player "canned wooden response" to questions from the media (NHLers are the WORSE when it comes to that), and he isn't afraid to tell Mike Milbury about himself, which anybody can admire.

I was doing an image search on Google a few nights ago after I found a thread on here about a Roenick Hawks sweater from the early 90s with the red and black stripes and old-school logo (you know which one), and I found this pic: http://roenicklife.com/career-highlights/los-angeles-kings-2005-2006/

Of all the pics I've seen of his time on the Kings, I never saw him don a Reebok on the ice. Was this sweater a promo sweater that he wore for photo sessions and whatnot? This design of the Kings home jerseys was always a bad mothersucker in my opinion, but I HATE HATE HATE the fact they just had to add "Los Angeles" at the bottom of the front, as if fans didn't already know which team it was. Really looks tacky and it takes a lot away from the jersey if you ask me.

Does anybody have any info on this? And most importantly, how rare is it among collectors? Not really looking to buy one, just very curious.

Oh and one more thing, thanks again for making me feel comfortable on here with all of the questions I had about the world of authentic-collecting in my last thread. Means a lot.

Roenick wore a Reebok jersey during his only year with the Kings, but it was not an Edge style jersey. That photo must have been taken a few years after he left the Kings.

Roenick wore a Reebok jersey during his only year with the Kings, but it was not an Edge style jersey. That photo must have been taken a few years after he left the Kings.

Thank you. Didn't know those were Reeboks during his time there. I associate Reeboks with the shield in the neck area. Learn something new every day, right?

Since obviously you're a Kings fan, how do you feel about those jerseys? Does the LA at the bottom annoy you too?

I don't really mind it, although if I had designed it I probably wouldn't have put it there originally. It's been part of the jersey since 1998, so I suppose I just got used to it. I actually hated the current Kings design when it first came out, but I guess I must be OK with it now since I've bought a ton of them, lol. Another thing about the "Los Angeles" logo is that if you remove it, it looks rather plain, like what happened to the first Leafs Edge jerseys. The Kings jersey Roenick wore had a purple band at the waist which complemented the black area. If you were to remove the letters from the Edge, you'd need to add a stripe or something else there, or it would be really plain. Better to have the letters there than nothing, imo.

Btw, every team in the league wore Reeboks from 2005-07, but they were a square-cut design which had the "6100" designation. The Kings' team code is 112, so their jersey from that time period has a "6112" code on the tags. The Edge design followed immediately thereafter in 2007, and is still used today.

I don't really mind it, although if I had designed it I probably wouldn't have put it there originally. It's been part of the jersey since 1998, so I suppose I just got used to it. I actually hated the current Kings design when it first came out, but I guess I must be OK with it now since I've bought a ton of them, lol. Another thing about the "Los Angeles" logo is that if you remove it, it looks rather plain, like what happened to the first Leafs Edge jerseys. The Kings jersey Roenick wore had a purple band at the waist which complemented the black area. If you were to remove the letters from the Edge, you'd need to add a stripe or something else there, or it would be really plain. Better to have the letters there than nothing, imo.

I agree, it came off as plain jane and uninspired when they debuted them, but now I've grown to love them. Less is more sort of thing, considering how busy looking the black and purple ones were.

Edited by kygermo

Go with the jersey he wore when Hatcher cracked his jaw in half - An old school Kachina yotes jersey. Many of those around :)

Roenick is a crybaby

Excellent.