Blackhawks Alumni Jerseys

catofadiferntskn

I spoke to a super reliable source today who was telling me about the Alumni Jerseys for the Hawks next week. Seems they will be wearing CCM branded throw back jerseys. It will use the current modern less offense/ethnic logo but with the flesh color outline that ended in 99. The Wild/North Stars jerseys got a lot of press but I've seen 0 on the Hawks. Just in case any one was interested.

Edited by catofadiferntskn

I really dislike the group that seems to want to find the Hawks logo and name offensive. I say the team change it's name, change it's logo and stop funneling money into these groups that find them offensive.... in fact I'd be okay if they wanted to use my name, my face and gave money to help organizations of my choosing.

I really dislike the group that seems to want to find the Hawks logo and name offensive. I say the team change it's name, change it's logo and stop funneling money into these groups that find them offensive.... in fact I'd be okay if they wanted to use my name, my face and gave money to help organizations of my choosing.

+1 there.

Everyone's gotta complain about something...

Anyone who is over 6 feet tall, let's go after the Giants, New York and San Fran. Bunch of heightists running those organizations!!!

+1 there.

Everyone's gotta complain about something...

Exactly, and that's the killer is these guys want to rid of the name but keep the donations coming in. I honestly don't think you can have it both ways. I just don't get it, I'm Norwegian and I never once thought Thor or any references to the Vikings were offensive. I don't get this world we live in.

Exactly, and that's the killer is these guys want to rid of the name but keep the donations coming in. I honestly don't think you can have it both ways. I just don't get it, I'm Norwegian and I never once thought Thor or any references to the Vikings were offensive. I don't get this world we live in.

Yeah but you know the Beatles song Norwegian Wood is totally about you waking upon the morning, right?

Norwegians aren't exactly a historically oppressed group in the US.

There really should be a penalty box for jokes this terrible.

He would live there full time if there was.

Norwegians aren't exactly a historically oppressed group in the US.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion about oppressed groups, but the only way this is going to stop is if the oppressed let go of the past and let it remain in the past. Until a good chunk of our population regardless of race/religion/sex decides to let go of that past and move forward we're always going to end up with this kind of crap and everybody will end up offended.....we're a country with such great potential, some of the greatest potential in the world and it's about time we actually start making an attempt to reach for that potential. It's really sad how short we still fall and how little we have progressed in the 200+ years of existence in this country.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion about oppressed groups, but the only way this is going to stop is if the oppressed let go of the past and let it remain in the past. Until a good chunk of our population regardless of race/religion/sex decides to let go of that past and move forward we're always going to end up with this kind of crap and everybody will end up offended.....we're a country with such great potential, some of the greatest potential in the world and it's about time we actually start making an attempt to reach for that potential. It's really sad how short we still fall and how little we have progressed in the 200+ years of existence in this country.

This post was Viking as f**k.

"We must let go of the past by clinging on to logos of the past regardless of any social implications." :lol: