Should I just take this jersey to a tailor?

I just bought a replica Thrashers jersey for $30, it also came with name and numbers, but they aren't sewn on. It appears that they were stuck/taped into place but never got sewn down. Additionally I would like to get the heat pressed crest and shoulder patches sewn too. I don't want to ship it out if I can get this done locally. I also happen to have an authentic Kovalchuk of the same type, so I could show them exactly how to do it. I am in south FL.

If it's all placed where you want it, anyone who can do a zigzag stitch should get that done for you. I'd have no issue having a tailor do that job.

If it's all placed where you want it, anyone who can do a zigzag stitch should get that done for you. I'd have no issue having a tailor do that job.

Alright so in that case, what should I do about the nameplate? It is already in place but the letters on it are not sewn, and I don't want them to sew the letters straight to the jersey.

Your only option would be to strip the nameplate, have them sew the letters, and then replace it. Only way to not have them through the jersey.

Personally, for a $30 replica, I'd just sew it through and be done with it.

Edited by mfitz804

Personally, for a $30 replica, I'd just sew it through and be done with it.

Agreed, that's what I did with the last replica I had. Edited by JoeM7392

Agree with the Devils fans. Jobs like this are why I'm learning to sew. I've had enough of "that's a great deal, but I just need to fix this one thing," where the one thing seems to add $20+ to whatever I paid.

It's so (sew?) worth it. Best thing I ever did for this hobby was learning how to sew, I've already saved hundreds over having EPS do little stupid stuff like attaching patches. Plus it's a good feeling to finish doing a jersey yourself, I'll never sell the first one I did myself for that reason.