World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

So I am out of touch and don't know much about the WCoH....why is there a Team North America with USA and Canada also having teams?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Canada jerseys, I just can't get behind that logo. They went too minimalist or something with it.

So I am out of touch and don't know much about the WCoH....why is there a Team North America with USA and Canada also having teams?

Team NA is basically a young stars team. 23 yo and under from Canada and US.

Really like the USA and Canada ones.

Hope that we don't see the uniform side stripes on every single nhl jersey though. For a tournament to have that bit of uniformity is fine. Not an entire league.

Eh...the white isn't bad. The diagonal crest is a nice touch. The navy is boring though. I don't like the WCH on the neck either. I guess these will be a one-off version only used in this tournament. That's definitely a first.

The Canada ones are pretty sweet with the leaves on the sleeves(HAR! That rhymes!!) but the lack of waist striping really hurts all the designs. The Europe ones look like Inter jerseys and the U-23 ones look like there's an oil derrick on the front.

Don't think the stripes will carry over to the NHL. I agree though, doesn't bother me too much for this tournament.

Have you seen MLS lately? Those stripes are on the sleeves of every single jersey; home, road and 3rd. Don't put it past them.

Honestly, I'd rather see them on the side like that than on the sleeves.

Yeah I've seen it on the other stuff. Do you really think they would try to force those stripes on the whole league though? I can't see a majority of the teams being happy about that.

And I agree, if they're going to be anywhere, that's probably the best/least awful spot for them.

That was sort of my thinking as well. It will be interesting to see how the whole thing unfolds.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a Finland one. I don't like the neck and I'm not sure of the text on the front. Otherwise, I actually think it's pretty sweet.

And I do hope Adidas realizes not the stick their 3 stripes on NHL jerseys, especially on the shoulders/sleeves.

Well, the NHL does have a good 70 years on MLS so here's hoping history trumps it all. You never know though.

The 3 stripes are probably the most recognizable part of adidas' brand identity, I would expect them to be on any adidas NHL jerseys. The only organization that I've seen not allowing them on the jerseys was the NBA and that was because David Stern wouldn't even let them put an adidas logo on the jerseys.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a Finland one. I don't like the neck and I'm not sure of the text on the front. Otherwise, I actually think it's pretty sweet.

And I do hope Adidas realizes not the stick their 3 stripes on NHL jerseys, especially on the shoulders/sleeves.

Here's the white Finland

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/705192342077177860

Definitely getting both USAs. Maybe a white Finland

On a whole it is a hideous collection of hideous jerseys. Swedes, Russia and white Finland being the standouts.

As for the actual concept of this 'world cup' that's hideous too, Europe team, get tae !

Ugh. So disappointed with all of these. The Europe jersey reminds me of the crap half/half 'fan' jerseys Chinese ebayers sell, the North America jersey looks like those ###### blacked out jerseys reebok sells! utter garbage. Not a fan of the WCH logo on the collar nor the stripes on the sides. LOVE the Canada sleeves, but the logo is pretty bad and without waist stripes or anything it looks a little bland. Finland away looks pretty great although it could also benefit from waist stripes. Hard to mess up Sweden. I actually like the USA home crest, but something is missing from both the home and away jerseys. Especially dislike the white cutout of the away jersey's collar for the WCH logo.

Curious to see the materials up close, but I can't believe I actually prefer the last two iterations of Nike's jerseys to these. The sublimated stars, leaves, etc on the shoulders, the tribal designs on the sleeves, etc. Those actually look good compared to these.

I don't own a single Adidas product. For some reason their stripes irritate me compared to a Reebok logo or Nike swoosh. Just seem like they put the stripes out there and make them stand out too much. God help the NHL jerseys.