World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's the bad news that some of you probably expected...

The Authentics being sold aren't the ones being worn on the ice. Looks like we have another example of on-ice jerseys being a b**** to acquire...

First image is my jersey and the 2nd is one of the league's teaser pics.

uVqZZCV.jpg

Q5Qj8tp.jpg

Got my pair of US jerseys in yesterday (Thanks for the assist, Dude) and I really like them. The "Adidas stripes" actually work well with the whole USA theme and the material is pretty nice. Not sure of the durability yet obviously, but they aren't bad overall like I had feared.

Well, that kinda sucks...

Edited by JoeM7392

I wonder what else is different. Im not a fan of the one layer shield on the chest of my white USA, I'm going to be a little upset if the on ice ones are better.

14 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I wonder what else is different. Im not a fan of the one layer shield on the chest of my white USA, I'm going to be a little upset if the on ice ones are better.

Similar to this? EDIT: Just noticed you said White, my bad.

Ht2jyZw.jpg

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

39 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The weird thing is i'm not seeing much of a difference between the teaser pics that the NHL released and comparing my Sweden and NA to those pics besides that one patch. Material seems similar everywhere else.

Yeah, everything I've found to compare is actually the same. Im happy with the blue, but I dont like that little shield on the white and the kiss cut or whatever letters for USA also on the white. I know it's a popular way of doing this stuff but having the inner edge of that blue not sewn down will bother me a little.

It would seem odd if just little patches and stuff like that are the only differences between these and the on ice stuff.

Edited by JoeM7392

This is what I'm talking about, in case my explanation sounds as dumb as I think it does. The shield is ok I guess, I'm just Used to them being a little beefier.

20160826_130443.jpg

20160826_130434.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

For those awaiting bigger sizes, I took it upon myself to ask the Jersey Baron why there are no bigger sizes available. 

He had no idea why there weren't any nor whether there will be. Well, they are losing out on the sale of at least two jerseys to yours truly. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

For those awaiting bigger sizes, I took it upon myself to ask the Jersey Baron why there are no bigger sizes available. 

He had no idea why there weren't any nor whether there will be. Well, they are losing out on the sale of at least two jerseys to yours truly. 

Yep, I know he wasn't too happy with Adidas. Seems like they didn't come through on a lot of orders from companies. I imagine IceJerseys is one of those since they wound up with only Canada and Finland authentics. 

On 8/27/2016 at 6:59 AM, shandy_man said:

Just got my Team North America jersey yesterday. Looks good and not as bad as I thought it would be. Sadly a bit too small for my liking. if anyone is searching for a Sz 54 in black give me a shout. I'm likely sending it back by the end of next week.

Authentic or replica?

I didn't realize this until now, but I think the bulk of the material on these WCOH jerseys is the same stuff that is on the front panel of the 2015 NHL ASG jerseys.

On August 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Hollywood Cannon said:

So here's the bad news that some of you probably expected...

The Authentics being sold aren't the ones being worn on the ice. Looks like we have another example of on-ice jerseys being a b**** to acquire...

First image is my jersey and the 2nd is one of the league's teaser pics.

uVqZZCV.jpg

Q5Qj8tp.jpg

Sorry for quoting photos - I know baby Jesus hates it...

i was at pro hockey life yesterday and the premier versions of the jersey had the stitched 23 logo. So perhaps you guys have the on ice versions and the league only used a premier in the photo. 

This joke of a tournament is starting soon so we will find out quickly