World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

51 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

I was at pro hockey life yesterday and the premier versions of the jersey had the stitched 23 logo. So perhaps you guys have the on ice versions and the league only used a premier in the photo. 

I'm sure you know what you saw, so I'm not doubting your word at all, but in all the pics I've seen of Premiers, the XXIII logo is embroidered directly into the sleeve (not a sewn patch), and it is positioned much farther below the gray stripe than on the pro versions.

image_zpsymxdgxqd.png

In the WCOH jersey presentation videos, the North America jersey shown is a pro model with a 2-layer fight strap attachment, and it definitely has a patched "XXIII" logo, just like in the pic HC posted.

So are there going to be differences among the Premiers as well, in addition to those that might exist between the retail and on-ice authentics?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately, if this is actually a difference, it seems that this is the only one anyone has been able to peg down and that the rest of the jerseys are exactly what is worn on the ice.

So I don't think a simple Roman numeral XXIII patch will be that hard to recreate.

23 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

Not 100% certain, but in this picture it seems less like the patch from the teaser, and more like what we've been seeing from purchased ones

But we all know they don't always use the on-ice jerseys for these promo shots. 

7 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I'm sure you know what you saw, so I'm not doubting your word at all, but in all the pics I've seen of Premiers, the XXIII logo is embroidered directly into the sleeve (not a sewn patch), and it is positioned much farther below the gray stripe than on the pro versions.

In the WCOH jersey presentation videos, the North America jersey shown is a pro model with a 2-layer fight strap attachment, and it definitely has a patched "XXIII" logo, just like in the pic HC posted.

So are there going to be differences among the Premiers as well, in addition to those that might exist between the retail and on-ice authentics?

Good catch on that. I didn't notice that it was embroidered on a patch on the team issued ones. The premier one was definitely sewn directly on the sleeve

1 hour ago, Kincaid521 said:

Not 100% certain, but in this picture it seems less like the patch from the teaser, and more like what we've been seeing from purchased ones:

Funny how 2 people can look at the same picture and see different things. :P

I see something that looks just like what's on the (presumed) on-ice pro version in the promo videos.  There seems to be a dark patch outline visible, along with a hint of elevation differences in the various embroidered portions of the logo.

On the retail authentics the logo seems to be a single twill layer heat-pressed to the sleeve, and it appears completely flat.

Maybe they could just play naked, and we'd all have nothing to collect.

Im kidding, of course. I know some of you would be trying to skin your favorite players. 

16 hours ago, LAK74 said:

On the retail authentics the logo seems to be a single twill layer heat-pressed to the sleeve, and it appears completely flat.

It's actually not twill. It's just heat pressed vinyl on the authentics. I have a NA authentic.

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe they could just play naked, and we'd all have nothing to collect.

Im kidding, of course. I know some of you would be trying to skin your favorite players. 

Some say Dion Phaneuf gets skinned every game he plays.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

It's actually not twill. It's just heat pressed vinyl on the authentics. I have a NA authentic.

Thanks for the correction.  Not owning one, I wasn't sure what the material was.  It's a bit disappointing to me that they have to go out of their way to do something different from the on-ice version.  Is it really that much trouble to put on the same patch they would have used anyway on the player jerseys?  Not much respect for the word "authentic," I guess.

39 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Thanks for the correction.  Not owning one, I wasn't sure what the material was.  It's a bit disappointing to me that they have to go out of their way to do something different from the on-ice version.  Is it really that much trouble to put on the same patch they would have used anyway on the player jerseys?  Not much respect for the word "authentic," I guess.

I'm still of the opinion that it really might be heat pressed on the on-ice jerseys. Guess we'll know in a couple weeks.

I actually hope you're right.  None of us, I'm sure, likes finding out our "authentics" have features that are different from those on the on-ice versions.  After everything  Reebok has done to effectively make retail authentics different from on-ice ones, I sure hope Adidas isn't planning to continue this type of policy.  Things sure were less complicated back in the CCM days...

2 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Looks like Carey Price is wearing #1 for the tournament. There goes everyone else that bought a #31 jersey. NHL Shop even has his number listed as #31. So everyone be careful with what you do.

MUCH safer to customize AFTER the tournament, but who wants to wait???

10 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Official numbers are now out. 

Yes, but anyone could break their leg tomorrow and not play. 

There is an article on players somewhere about numbers. Some players don't care, some players will try and buy numbers off the player that currently wears it. Maybe Toews and Seguin had a game of rock, paper, scissors.

5 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

There is an article on players somewhere about numbers. Some players don't care, some players will try and buy numbers off the player that currently wears it. Maybe Toews and Seguin had a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Maybe #19 just went to the guy whose name sounds more like it is spelled. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Official numbers are now out. 

YES!!!! J.T wears #10.