World Cup Of Hockey Jerseys

Hollywood Cannon

17 hours ago, y2jdmbfan said:

I called the Blackhawks Store and they have the white Kane Premier pre-customized for $230 with tax included. I might head out in the morning and pick one up. The bad thing it is such a PITA to park at because it is right on Michigan Ave.

Not sure who you spoke with, but to be clear, we don't have the A's on those (or the Canada Toews, btw).

In any case, if you haven't swung down here yet and don't feel like making the drive, feel free to shoot me a pm.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, tcmstr said:

Not sure who you spoke with, but to be clear, we don't have the A's on those (or the Canada Toews, btw).

In any case, if you haven't swung down here yet and don't feel like making the drive, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Thanks, I realize they don't have the "A", but kind of doubt I am going to find any of the Premier's with the "A". 

20 minutes ago, y2jdmbfan said:

Anyone ever order from "hockey-authentic" on eBay? They have customized Premier McDavid's with the "C", but I'm not sure how good their customization is.

Does anyone have a picture of Connor's C so he can compare?

:) 

On 8/16/2016 at 10:16 AM, Hollywood Cannon said:

Don't know why it wouldn't let me delete that quote box on my phone and type. 

That's weird to hear from prowear, I talked to him on Saturday and he said he expected USA and NA. Maybe this is another case of Adidas not fulfilling orders.

Anyone know who  Prowear uses for customization? 

6 minutes ago, y2jdmbfan said:

Anyone know who  Prowear uses for customization? 

Dammit, now I'm having the same problem as HC- can't get rid of those quote boxes.

Prowear does the lettering themselves, in house.

9 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Dammit, now I'm having the same problem as HC- can't get rid of those quote boxes.

Prowear does the lettering themselves, in house.

Thanks. I'm so at a loss on where to order a McDavid premier from, as it is obvious I'm not going to find an authentic in a 54 or 56 at this point in time.  Shop.nhl.com is now out of my size. I should have just ordered one this morning as a back-up. 

The three places I have found are with XL premier's in stock are coolhockey, prowear, and hockey-authentic. All 3 of them say they take the blank premier's from Adidas and customize them themselves or have a 3rd party do them. 

It also appears the hockey hall of fame, https://shop.hhof.com, has them as well.

Edited by y2jdmbfan

For those interested, I believe EPS can do the proper customizing. This was my email: " Hi, I was just wondering if you guys will have the ability to do the World Cup of Hockey jerseys with the proper material. They look like they're going to be very hard to replicate and all of the other companies i've seen just have dots on the numbers instead of actual holes. Thanks for any help that you can provide, it is greatly appreciated. "

This was the response I got: 

" Yes we can, they are $85.  Probably 6 weeks or so on WCOH.

Obviously EPS has said they could do things in the past when they couldn't but hey it's the first i've seen that has potential to do them properly.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

I'm pretty sure there are actual holes in the twill.

The question doesn't lay out specifically what you want to know. That question and answer don't say they will be cutting actual holes and if that is important to you, you should clarify it. Otherwise you may be disappointed. 

While watching yesterday's NA/EUR game, I noticed the sleeve numbers on the black North America jerseys are considerably more complicated than the (apparently) one-layer Europe ones.  They seem to be kiss-cut, with black mesh on the bottom, with a stencil-like red pattern laid out on top and stitched over.  I didn't get as good a look at the Europe back numbers, but I think they would be similar.  People don't seem to like the Europe jerseys much, but I thought the white jersey, complete with the lettering and patches, looked really cool.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The question doesn't lay out specifically what you want to know. That question and answer don't say they will be cutting actual holes and if that is important to you, you should clarify it. Otherwise you may be disappointed. 

Fair enough, one would normally be able to assume that he would mention that they're not doing it with the actual holes but it's no guarantee. 

54 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Fair enough, one would normally be able to assume that he would mention that they're not doing it with the actual holes but it's no guarantee. 

I believe some people have been down this road with EPS before. Literally have to spell out exactly what you want because when you say proper materials, their definition of proper materials may differ from what your definition is.   

28 minutes ago, ted1025 said:

I believe some people have been down this road with EPS before. Literally have to spell out exactly what you want because when you say proper materials, their definition of proper materials may differ from what your definition is.   

Of course. I'm not even sure if I feel like using EPS even if they can do it 100% right. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Based on what occurred with the All Star jerseys from last year, where they said they would do them to on-ice specs and then they proceeded not to, I would not rely on the answer you were given. If having it exactly to specs is important to you, you really have to lay it out there with EPS. 

Like I always say in any thread about customization, one should never assume that a customizer is going to do the job exactly to on-ice specs, unless said customizer is the one who did the on-ice jerseys. Even then, if details such as use of a certain material nameplate are what you want, you should specifically request it. 

Got my USA jersey in last week. Not sure if I'm a fan of the actual jersey in person. Huge thanks to The Dude for helping me out with shipping to the US, but I think I'm going to sell/return the jersey. If anyone's interested, let me know.