Does anyone hate "their team"'s jersey?

mfitz804

I know teams have come out with ugly alternates, that's not what I am talking about. As a Devils fan, I love the Devils' jerseys, great colors, a classic look, etc. But in looking at some other team's jerseys over the years I have thought about more than a few, wow, I am so glad my team's jersey isn't that ugly and I don't have to wear it.

So I was wondering, are there any of us who love a team but think its jerseys are kinda ugly?

As a Devils fan, I always liked our look. No weird piping and stripes are what and where they should be. Plus they are not as plain as others to where it looks like a practice jersey.

Out of the teams in the last 25 years, I always thought he Thrashers jerseys were the ugliest. Now that they are no more, I would say I am glad that we don't have Columbus, Arizona and Hurricanes looks.

Edited by Devilsguy

Don't mind the canes actually, and the newer CBJ stuff has improved.

Can't stand the yotes stuff and generally dislike whatever Anaheim puts on the ice since the mighty ducks days. Panthers are eh.

I know that's not the topic, but I was just thinking of stuff I wouldn't like to have to like if I was a fan. Obviously I don't have anything to really add since the devils stuff is great.

I don't hate it, I just wish the Away Whites were more readily available than the Home Reds for Wings jerseys. White jersey is just so much nicer than the Red.

I also wish the NHL would go back to wearing Whites at Home and Darks on the Road, but that's neither here nor there.

Starting from the 90's and taking into consideration only the home and away jerseys, I think the Canucks have been really solid. I even like the current jerseys, even though I'd remove the shoulder patches as I find them boring (the same applies to the jerseys worn before the current ones).

The Sharks have been alright too, but I don't like the jerseys that came after the original jerseys with their stupid front neckline and weird sidematerial. It's pretty clear that their original jerseys have been by far the best.

Pens' jerseys on the other hand have gone from one of the best, to one of the worst. The cup-winning jerseys were perfect and I do like the diagonal one, but the white Robo with it's ugly shoulder yokes and the black (which was alternate first), neither gets love from me. Then they made the catastrophic error of changing to "Vegas-gold", which is a pretty darn ugly color. The current unis also have a boring template, and since I can't stand the numbers' font for some reason, there isn't much good to say. Well, I do like the logo...

Edited by jolmari

I'm biased, but the 80's/90's Flyers' orange jerseys have always looked the best to me. Simple is better, IMO.

Edited by jsh139

Dallas' black ones a few years back were an abomination.

However Manchester Phoenix usually create monkeys miscarriages for jerseys, this years haven't been to bad.

I like those jerseys, not everyone's favourite,

As a Red Wings fan, I couldn't be happier. I even like their SS jerseys this year.

Now, as a Flames fan, pretty disappointed. I've never been a fan of their Edge look. Although I do like their third jerseys, and their throwbacks are nice as well. But I'm not in the camp that thinks the Flames should go full retro. I feel like the yellow and white bleed together too much (on the red jersey), plus I've always enjoyed the addition of black into their color scheme. I'm desperately hoping for an overhaul with the Adidas change.

All that being said about the Flames, I own 5 of the jerseys I don't even really like. Go figure.

I don't hate the Flames' edge jerseys but don't love them either. They're just OK. I do like their 3rds and retro red. I too hope they are improved when Adidas takes over

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long without an Avs fan coming on and ripping into the aprons. The piping on the Avs' Edge jerseys is absolutely horrible. I love the avs and I love jerseys, but I swore I would never buy or wear any incarnation of the stupid apron looking Edge jerseys - and it's allowed me to build a nice little collection of vintage Avs jerseys - 'cause I mean NEVER. I'm so glad they finally went to a new alternate jersey - something I would actually wear. Now they just have to make some noise in the playoffs once in a while to justify dropping the coin on an authentic alternate.

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long without an Avs fan coming on and ripping into the aprons. The piping on the Avs' Edge jerseys is absolutely horrible.

IMO, the teams that went to the apron front with the Edge transition took a big step back design-wise. At a glance, over half the league went that way in 2007, and now there's maybe 6? Depends on how you count thin stripes on the hem, I guess. Sucks for you that the Avs are holding on to it. The zigzag body was neat.

The apron look was always dumb. Never liked it.

From what I've heard, the apron look was done as at the time they released the edge jerseys, Reebok couldn't figure out a way to do certain designs like the mountain shaped hem design for the Avs on the edge template. Like the materials and the construction wouldn't allow it. However reebok has since found a way to overcome this and now more teams are dropping this.

If I remember too, this design issue caused many teams to just completely re-design their jerseys like Washington did at the time.

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long without an Avs fan coming on and ripping into the aprons. The piping on the Avs' Edge jerseys is absolutely horrible. I love the avs and I love jerseys, but I swore I would never buy or wear any incarnation of the stupid apron looking Edge jerseys - and it's allowed me to build a nice little collection of vintage Avs jerseys - 'cause I mean NEVER. I'm so glad they finally went to a new alternate jersey - something I would actually wear. Now they just have to make some noise in the playoffs once in a while to justify dropping the coin on an authentic alternate.

The piping is horrible. It's why I've never bought them. I've restricted myself to just getting the new 3rd (done) as well as the blueberry 3rd but can't seem to find in a size 46

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily being a Flyers fan, I'm glad to say that they haven't drifted too far away from the classic look to where its a completely different logo and color scheme like many, many teams are guilty of.

But with that said, the alternates they wore from (I think) 02-07 or 08 with the 3d flying P is one of the ugliest jerseys of all-time from any sport. I HATE the logo design, and every time I come across somebody wearing it (or even seeing a pic online), I cringe. Whoever ok'd that abomination deserves to be strapped to a chair with their eyes pryed open while the 97 Stanley Cup Finals plays on repeat. But hey, thats just me.

Minor Sens fan here. There is a reason I don't own any of their jerseys... Could get an alt or a Heritage Classic as those are quite nice, but their regular jerseys are the worst.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the Canucks jerseys. I like that they went back to their original colour scheme, and Orca's are easily one of if not the most bad Arse living things on this planet (disregard the Orca Bay fiasco), but the jersey as a whole doesn't overly excite me.

That being said, it would be a shame if they made any drastic changes. I feel like the team finally has an identity with what they've got going on now. Leave it as is and go as wild as they want with their alternate.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't hate it, I just wish the Away Whites were more readily available than the Home Reds for Wings jerseys. White jersey is just so much nicer than the Red.

I also wish the NHL would go back to wearing Whites at Home and Darks on the Road, but that's neither here nor there.

Couldn't agree more about wearing whites at home! Come on Betman, make hockey fun again.