2006 USA world juniors jersey

JoeM7392

Alright, so I'm about knee deep into a Cory Schneider collection right now. I'd love to be able to add one of his international jerseys from his pre-pro days.

From what I can tell, the USA jerseys for the 2006 world juniors and 2007 worlds in Russia were the same, and he participated in both. Here's a link to what I'm looking for: http://auctions.nhl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=94542

Has anyone seen or have a lead on one of these, or am I better off just accepting that I won't be able to find one? Would love an authentic but I'm assuming the chances are near zero for that, so anything is fine.

Also if there's any other USA stuff that he may have worn that I'm missing, I'd appreciate any info on that.

Thanks

Edited by JoeM7392

That's the very beginning of the Nike Swift disaster. First-generation Swift jerseys are VERY difficult to find. They were slightly different from today's garbage bags. I've only seen a handful and most were all game worn. They don't strip well at all either.

Considering the disaster that Swift jerseys are now, comparatively speaking I actually kind of like those jerseys. I own the black Canada Brad Richards from the 06 Olympics and it's not terrible.

Forgot that was right when the Swifts came into play. So assuming I wont be able to get my hands on an authentic, would I be correct in assuming this is a replica modeled after that jersey? Because I guess that would be better than nothing, and it looks pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281947237572?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I found a non-Swift version of this style that was intended for use if the team rejected the Swift design. It never happened though and was never used. There was such a version created for Canada as well but again, never used.

alTeamcirca20081aNikeauthentic-vi.jpgalTeamcirca20081bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

Hmm, interesting. I'm assuming those aren't anything that would be very easily obtainable either. Now without turning this into a totally different thread altogether, what's the difference between that and the swift design?

I'm completely new to any of this international stuff, so I have no idea.

Here's my Richards Swift from 06. You'll note that it's not a box cut, and that the tail of the jersey is longer than the front.

20308688638_7c46183f69_o.jpg

20470498146_8ee6c25be2_o.jpg

Edited by CJ Matthews

Gotcha. So it really wouldn't be too far off to just kinda see swift as Nike's attempt at a full redesign like the edge?