What are all the differences between the types of EDGE jerseys?

I searched on Google and got different answers. In addition to 1.0 and 2.0 I also want to compare the Indo authentics, and the actual jerseys worn by the players on the ice.

From what I have seen so far,

• The only difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is that the 2.0 has lighter material including the material with air holes on the sides of the jersey
  • I only know that Indos have that yellow highlighter strip inside the collar, compared to Canadian made jerseys I don't see any other difference
  • Actual game jerseys only have the size tag and don't have the black tag. I read somewhere that the fight straps are more reinforced but I compared a gamer to a retail and don't see any difference.

Ok, let's see how much of this I mess up and have to have corrected by one of the masters here.

The main difference between a 1.0 and a 2.0 is the fabric on the front and sleeves. The 2.0 is airknit, which is what the Reebok/CCM jerseys prior to the edge switch were made of. The 1.0 are what is known as bubble mesh in those areas. The fabric was not very durable and was bad for the players as it held in perspiration and drained it into their gloves. They were almost universally ditched halfway through the first edge season in 07-08, but a few teams and players used them longer. The shoulders of a 1.0 were made of a dense material called xtrafil, this was also changed to airknit on a 2.0. Sleeves on a 2.0 are overall baggier and shorter than a 1.0. And finally, 2.0s have double elbows for extra strength while the 1.0s and indos do not.

What's worn on the ice are 2.0s, the only differences are the fight strap is sandwiched between two layer of twill, as opposed to the one layer on a retail, and the team issueds lack the Reebok tag in the neck. The Canadian flag size tag remains however.

Indo edges were never worn on the ice and are made overseas. They are not of the same quality or construction of either a 1.0 or a 2.0, and are for all intents and purposes (intensive purposes? I don't know which is correct) just a better replica with a fight strap. I can't speak much more on these because I refuse to buy one. They are not even close.

Here:

Retail 1.0 on left, team issued 2.0 on the right. The sleeves are baggier on the 2.0, although its hard to see because the 1.0 is a 54 while the 2.0 is a 52. The 1.0 sleeves would be longer, but I shortened them to better fit me.

IMAG2470.jpg

1.0 on the left with bubble mesh fabric, 2.0 airknit on right

IMAG2461.jpg

1.0 xtrafil on left, 2.0 airknit on right

IMAG2464.jpg

Retail tagging vs team issued tagging

IMAG2466.jpg

Retail fight strap lower left, Team issue fight strap upper right. Excuse the sloppy stitching on the retail, it was the first time I used a sewing machine. I was going to fix it but it's a good reminder of how much better I've gotten.

IMAG2467.jpg

And a closer look at the second layer of twill on a team issue

IMAG2468.jpg

Edited by JoeM7392

Great summary and pictures.

I can't back this up with any proof, but I think you may have the x-trafil and bubble mesh descriptions reversed. The bubble mesh material contains spandex, and I've always believed this term corresponds to the stretchy material on the front panel and parts of the sleeves.

I'd also add that the 2.0's have double elbows, whereas the 1.0's and Indos don't.

Great summary and pictures.

I can't back this up with any proof, but I think you may have the x-trafil and bubble mesh descriptions reversed. The bubble mesh material contains spandex, and I've always believed this term corresponds to the stretchy material on the front panel and parts of the sleeves.

I'd also add that the 2.0's have double elbows, whereas the 1.0's and Indos don't.

Did some quick research and I believe you are correct, thanks for the fix.

And I'll add the elbows now too, knew I'd forget something stupid.

Edited by JoeM7392

This thread took a wrong turn when Devils jerseys were used as an example.

He's right Joe. Couldn't you find a better example?

Is this a 1.0 or a 2.0?

9DA71B6D-5E14-4191-BECF-E2942D11557B.png

Is this a 1.0 or a 2.0?

9DA71B6D-5E14-4191-BECF-E2942D11557B.png

It's probably set 16 from the 2014/15 season, and Steiner's price for it is about $4k.

Is this a 1.0 or a 2.0?

I was going to use a Henrik Jersey but it kept getting frustrated and flipping my camera over because I wouldn't blow a whistle for it.

Alright now I am confused, I guess all of mine are 1.0s. However, my Riley Holzapfel preseason worn does not have the reinforced fight strap or elbows. What is up with that?

d5t0ERs.jpgMmnChNr.jpgX4DBxtT.jpg7I9eWL1.jpg

Just FYI for the OP- some players/teams continued to use 1.0's on ice after 2007-08 (after most of the other teams had converted to 2.0's). Those post-2008 1.0's did have reinforced fight straps.

The only difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is that the 2.0 has lighter material including the material with air holes on the sides of the jersey.

The material on the sides (as well as the back) of the jersey ("stretch mesh") is actually the same on both 1.0's and 2.0's. On Indos the mesh is different and not as stretchy.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe wrong place but anyone buy a new AHL game used jersey are they edge cut or are they back to more of a 6100 cut in size

• 1 month later...

2000-07 in general. Which team/model jersey?

You could make the argument that since that one is not a goalie cut, it would be a foul, but if you disregard that, it's not a foul. He last played with the Canucks for the 05-06 season, which was the first season that jersey was made by Reebok.

At least JB also has goalie-cuts available in that model, although they are more expensive.