Jersey Collector's Glossary

mfitz804

Hey at least that still works for your wife in that situation. I usually get a look like "one down, 30 more to go".

Which, similarly to your post, could subject me to ridicule and innuendo.

Edited by mfitz804

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't everything men in relationships buy technically wife pleasers?

.......I'll just show myself out now.

Isn't everything men in relationships buy technically wife pleasers?

.......I'll just show myself out now.

Definitely not. especially not "another Devils jersey".

Definitely not. especially not "another Devils jersey".

Lol.

My collection is mostly either wife pleasers or ghost jerseys.

Ghost jerseys (n) - A jersey you spent decent to a lot of money on that you hide from your significant other as if he/she does you would get the third degree for spending more money on clothes than he/she does.

Lol.

My collection is mostly either wife pleasers or ghost jerseys.

Ghost jerseys (n) - A jersey you spent decent to a lot of money on that you hide from your significant other as if he/she does you would get the third degree for spending more money on clothes than he/she does.

Not to be confused with:

Ghosting (v) a jersey: trying to make a jersey invisible because if you can just get it into your closet, you can pretend that its been there all along.

Not to be confused with:

Ghosting (v) a jersey: trying to make a jersey invisible because if you can just get it into your closet, you can pretend that its been there all along.

Hahahahaha. That hits very close to home.

Jersey-smuggling!

For Devils jerseys it's quite easy to pretend they have been there all along. They all look the same, right? ;-)

Jersey-smuggling!

For Devils jerseys it's quite easy to pretend they have been there all along. They all look the same, right? ;-)

Essentially, yes. Especially to the untrained (or uninterested) eye.

I went to the source and asked for clarification on "wife pleaser." Again, I beg of you to keep this G-rated.

According to my wife, a wife pleaser is an oopsie bid that you lose at the very last minute. You get the thrill of drunken bidding with none of the consequences.

All of the thrill, none of the consequences. Sounds like high school all over again.

I went to the source and asked for clarification on "wife pleaser." Again, I beg of you to keep this G-rated.

According to my wife, a wife pleaser is an oopsie bid that you lose at the very last minute. You get the thrill of drunken bidding with none of the consequences.

"https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdfjWO8aLE%5B/media%5D"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdfjWO8aLE

Edited by HockeyMusic

Jerseyfication

Going to whatever lengths necessary to achieve justification of a jersey purchase. Such as:

"I collect jerseys from (insert player name) because he's from my home town, OR his name sounds like mine, ORhe went to my college, etc."

"Jersey costs $500. I don't have $500 to spend one jersey. But, that jersey is at least twice as cool as the two regular jerseys I would have bought for $250 each. By not buying those two (which, bear in mind, DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST), I can now afford the $500 jersey."

There have to be a million other examples as well.

Edited by mfitz804

Jersey-ignorance/denial

When you try to convince your buds and teammates of the quality of real authentics, but you are being mocked upon and made fun of about how you try to point out the details.

Yes, that has happened to me.

Alone In The Dark

I am engaged in some serious Jerseyfication right now. I have my eye on a jersey that is priced appropriately for the market. The seller won't budge on the price (much) and I already have two other jerseys in this style ... And yet I'm going to buy the danm thing anyway because of all things, it's a goalie cut version of this jersey and I absolutely 1000%-ly need a goalie jersey in this style.

I've got to know.

Wh*re jersey: one that's been passed around from collector to collector, everyone's had a piece.

Wh*re jersey: one that's been passed around from collector to collector, everyone's had a piece.

I wouldn't put it on unless I was wearing a hoodie underneath.

Jerseyfication

Going to whatever lengths necessary to achieve justification of a jersey purchase. Such as:

"I collect jerseys from (insert player name) because he's from my home town, OR his name sounds like mine, ORhe went to my college, etc."

"Jersey costs $500. I don't have $500 to spend one jersey. But, that jersey is at least twice as cool as the two regular jerseys I would have bought for $250 each. By not buying those two (which, bear in mind, DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST), I can now afford the $500 jersey."

There have to be a million other examples as well.

"I don't need that jersey --- or that jersey's too expensive. But, if I sold my x-jersey for $125 and my y-jersey for $150, and if I could sell my z-jersey for $100 then it would be basically like an even trade". Purchase justified (jerseyfied), and jersey x, y, and z never get listed anywhere.

Is there a term for the relief that comes from waking up to find that someone has finally outbid you for a jersey that you really don't want after all? I had that this morning.

Is there a term for the relief that comes from waking up to find that someone has finally outbid you for a jersey that you really don't want after all? I had that this morning.

Don't think so...but there probably should be.

How about "nocturnal remission"?

Welp, I took the terms up to date and added them to a simple, free one page website, which I may expand (or at least make look presentable) one day, or I may not. In any event, its all the terms we've coined without the witty banter. Just figured it should be somewhat more organized.

http://mle073.wix.com/thejerseyglossary

Edited by mfitz804

Welp, I took the terms up to date and added them to a simple, free one page website, which I may expand (or at least make look presentable) one day, or I may not. In any event, its all the terms we've coined without the witty banter. Just figured it should be somewhat more organized.

http://mle073.wix.com/thejerseyglossary

This is going to be big.