Jersey Collector's Glossary

mfitz804

48 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

The frustration that comes from seeing a bunch of good gamers available (i.e., the $99 gamers MeiGray has on eBay right) but knowing that you're over budget for the month (I CAN'T BUY ANYTHING FOR THREE WEEKS KILL ME NOW) and can't even take a chance on them.

Is that a separate term or does that fall under Larry Murphy's Law?

I believe you are right, that is a total example of Larry Murphy's Law. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that's exactly what I just did. My jerseys for sale would nearly cover most of the one really expensive one I just bought, so I'm all even. 

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Put something up for sale and immediately count it towards your jersey budget. Problem solved!*

*Note: I am not a financial adviser.

I would if I was willing to part ways with anything in my collection.

Well, knowing some of the buyers on eBay, I could probably move a couple of my replicas and make at least $100. Sure, they aren't as valuable as their respective authentic counterparts, but I do have some rare-ish replicas and I could definitely increase the selling price if I was to sell off one of my customized replicas since EPS has done all of them.

The problem is - as I said - I'm just not willing to do that. I'm a buyer and a collector only. I'm not a seller at this time.

Edited by TheKevinShow

• 8 months later...

"Shuffling Up"

Offloading off sized, signed or oopsie buys so you can buy more jerseys. 

You just made some space selling undesirables, might as well fill said space with desireables...justified. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

When you pay more than anyone else would have paid because you NEEDED that jersey so you were wiling to pay a little extra. 

The Psycho Premium.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

When you pay more than anyone else would have paid because you NEEDED that jersey so you were wiling to pay a little extra. 

The Psycho Premium.

That's hit me a few times this year.

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

That's hit me a few times this year.

Its about to hit me as well, I believe. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The Psycho Premium.

Guilty. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Dr_Puck

The sentimental anvil- A jersey that's either been gifted to you or you purchased to commemorate an event, yet you can't ever move it. This jersey is typically a blank authentic or a replica that was important at the moment but now gets pushed to the far back of your jersey closet. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

10 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

The sentimental anvil- A jersey that's either been gifted to you or you purchased to commemorate an event, yet you can't ever move it. This jersey is typically a blank authentic or a replica that was important at the moment but now gets pushed to the far back of your jersey closet. 

Got one I am trying to move right now and this is 100% truth.

Guest Dr_Puck
10 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Got one I am trying to move right now and this is 100% truth.

I have about six or seven sentimental anvils from various sources. They're generally on the lower-end price-wise and moving them just isn't worth it. That said, if anyone's a fan of Czech great Petr Buzek, I have a wonderful Stars GI that I could sell you. 

Any term for when you are all into winning a jersey in an auction only to have second thoughts at the last minute and not bid/win it?

Guest Dr_Puck
43 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Any term for when you are all into winning a jersey in an auction only to have second thoughts at the last minute and not bid/win it?

Bullet dodging.

44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Jersius Interruptus. 

Pulling out at the last minute. 

Edited by mfitz804

Funny part is I am somewhat regretting it.  However in the long run I think I made the right choice.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

What's the term for a jersey that just won't sell, no matter how low you price it at? 

Flyers jersey