I think I bought a knock off ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Aside from the pressed on crest, be wary of any NHL jersey with a lettered size (S,M,L, XL etc.) that also has a fight strap. They don't make authentic with letter sizes, nor replicas with fight straps.

jeez...just by the stitch alone on the *fight strap* (that shouldnt be on that jersey in the first place) its already 110% fake.

Edited by evomacky

Where are you guys seeing the Fight Strap?? On the New link i posted?

You can see the stitching for the fight strap in pictures 4 and 5.

Go look at the Sharks jerseys Jersey Baron has for sale. His pictures are excellent, and you'll start to see a lot of the details that make it easy for a lot of us to ID a fake instantly.

And he will be willing to negotiate price with you outside of eBay.

thanks for bearing with me. Im such a ###### noob at this. I guess i just assumed most jerseys sold were real haha

Well you're in the right place now. You'll have it all figured out soon enough.

Jersey Baron will definitely get you the real deal, but if you are looking to save a lot off retail, that's not the way to go. He'll work with you off eBay but you're still paying in that $250-325 kind of range depending on what you're after. That being said, he also gets stuff that nobody else does, I have bought more than a couple from him that he was the only source of.

Well you're in the right place now. You'll have it all figured out soon enough.

Jersey Baron will definitely get you the real deal, but if you are looking to save a lot off retail, that's not the way to go. He'll work with you off eBay but you're still paying in that $250-325 kind of range depending on what you're after. That being said, he also gets stuff that nobody else does, I have bought more than a couple from him that he was the only source of.

True, he's not cheap. In this case, though, he's got the Sharks SS listed for 165/250 blank/customized. That's not too bad.

True, he's not cheap. In this case, though, he's got the Sharks SS listed for 165/250 blank/customized. That's not too bad.

That's a good deal. And in fairness, if you hand around here enough you're gonna spend all your money on jerseys anyway, be it one higher priced or three lower priced, etc...

I'll tell you what, his jerseys look awesome!

By the way, the guy gave me a partial instant refund so im stuck with the knockoff for an overall loss of 20 bucks. I mean, i guess im content with that.

Well, he probably paid $15-20 each for a bulk order that he's flipping on eBay for a 400% profit, so he's probably content with it too.

I'd still go after him. EBay would refund your full purchase and you wouldn't have to send it back to him. They would probably tell you to "destroy" it because it's counterfeit, but they're not going to check to see if you did.

If you think it's worth the $20 to you I'm not trying to change your mind, but these scumbags selling fakes to unaware people on eBay pisses me off.

Leave him negative feedback anyways.

Edited by JoeM7392

Well, he probably paid $15-20 each for a bulk order that he's flipping on eBay for a 400% profit, so he's probably content with it too.

I'd still go after him. EBay would refund your full purchase and you wouldn't have to send it back to him. They would probably tell you to "destroy" it because it's counterfeit, but they're not going to check to see if you did.

If you think it's worth the $20 to you I'm not trying to change your mind, but these scumbags selling fakes to unaware people on eBay pisses me off.

Leave him negative feedback anyways.

Yup, you don't have to stand for a partial refund. Get all your money back. BUT....

In the event that eBay didn't tell you to destroy it and you had to send it back, eBay will not refund you the return shipping charge, just the item price and the original shipping charge. Assuming it costs you $9 to send it back, and you are saying you only "paid" $20 at this point, returning it will only net you back $11.

I'd imagine for $11, its probably more worth keeping it, wearing it to do yard work, and giving the guy a negative.

But that's just my opinion.

In that case, I'd agree with you. My post was based on the assumption that you wouldn't send it back, as I didn't think eBay would let you return counterfeit goods.

Honestly, at this point i dont want to return the jersey and pay 9 bucks again. So, if i only lost 20 bucks, screw it. I just dont know if i would wear it to a game lol i dont want to get ostracized :)

90% of fans wear knockoff jerseys, so I don't think you have to worry about that. My wife hates if when I point out all the fake jerseys while I watch the Blackhawks on TV. Their jerseys are really easy to spot because the shoulder patches on the fakes are not even close to the same look or size at an authentic or even a proper replica. I don't understand how people can spend $300+ on seats close to the ice, but then buy a $40 crap jersey...it's stupid!!!

90% of fans wear knockoff jerseys, so I don't think you have to worry about that. My wife hates if when I point out all the fake jerseys while I watch the Blackhawks on TV. Their jerseys are really easy to spot because the shoulder patches on the fakes are not even close to the same look or size at an authentic or even a proper replica. I don't understand how people can spend $300+ on seats close to the ice, but then buy a $40 crap jersey...it's stupid!!!

same goes for me. when we're at the game or when Im watching it on tv, my wife just nods and agrees with me just so that I dont go on and on about the fake Ducks jerseys I see. especially the ones that stand behind the broadcast team outside that show the viewing audience they are wearing fakes, its super annoying for me.

OP made an honest mistake and that's alright. but some likely know its fake and yet buy it anyway and even convince themselves they instead got a deal.

My girlfriend used to think I was checking out other women when we went to games until she finally understood my frustration with this hobby. Now, she knows the more I look around, the more I'm just eyeing up other jerseys and getting pissed off.

My girlfriend used to think I was checking out other women when we went to games until she finally understood my frustration with this hobby. Now, she knows the more I look around, the more I'm just eyeing up other jerseys and getting pissed off.

Well played, playa!

;)