I think I bought a knock off ?

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222031338735

So I did some research and it doesn't have the bottom reebok patch like my jersey does that I bought from the shark tank and I emailed the eBay guy and he said it's the "25th anniversary jersey without the patch" but I'm sure this is supposed to be the "heritage" jersey. I looked at some forum posts here and they say the nhl logo on the collar is supposed to be raised whereas mine looks embroidered on. Stitching on the inside looks weird with pieces of paper on the inside of the numbers.

Anyhow if it is a knock off, is it even a decent one?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup it's a knock off.

Materials all look wrong and the logo is made of some kind of shiny material. It shouldn't reflect the light like that.

Everything that seller has is knock offs.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222031338735

So I did some research and it doesn't have the bottom reebok patch like my jersey does that I bought from the shark tank and I emailed the eBay guy and he said it's the "25th anniversary jersey without the patch" but I'm sure this is supposed to be the "heritage" jersey. I looked at some forum posts here and they say the nhl logo on the collar is supposed to be raised whereas mine looks embroidered on. Stitching on the inside looks weird with pieces of paper on the inside of the numbers.

Anyhow if it is a knock off, is it even a decent one?

There is no such thing as a "decent knockoff". It is or isn't.

Yours is.

. Well it is eBay and I might try to get my money back. He says no returns accepted. He never said it was authentic anywhere. So idk if it's just a loss for me. Maybe I'll message him and try to get a refund. Thanks for the info.

Yup it's a knock off.

Materials all look wrong and the logo is made of some kind of shiny material. It shouldn't reflect the light like that.

Everything that seller has is knock offs.

I should've looked harder. I looked at his feedback and its 100% positive!!! Wtf lol

Yup. Price can sometimes be an indicator as well. When someone is selling you a $350 jersey for $87, and then accepts LESS than $87 in a Best Offer, that's usually going to be a knockoff.

Of course, finding the sellers who don't know what they have and doing that when its NOT a knockoff is a fun part of the hobby.

The weird paper on the inside of the numbers and bad customization in general isn't indicative of a knock off, someone with a legit jersey can get crappy customization done. But a knock off never has good customization.

The shiny crest, however, is a give away.

Best thing to do is ask on this site BEFORE you buy, as a lot of the guys here are jersey savants who can pick these things out blindfolded.

. Well it is eBay and I might try to get my money back. He says no returns accepted. He never said it was authentic anywhere. So idk if it's just a loss for me. Maybe I'll message him and try to get a refund. Thanks for the info.

I should've looked harder. I looked at his feedback and its 100% positive!!! Wtf lol

Well, based on that listing, you got what you paid for. But if you make enough of a stink, the seller or eBay may refund you.

100% positive feedback does not foretell whether a seller sells fakes. A lot of people buy fakes and are perfectly happy with them, anyone in that position would post a positive feedback because they got what they paid for.

Well, based on that listing, you got what you paid for. But if you make enough of a stink, the seller or eBay may refund you.

100% positive feedback does not foretell whether a seller sells fakes. A lot of people buy fakes and are perfectly happy with them, anyone in that position would post a positive feedback because they got what they paid for.

I am def new in the jersey game for hockey. I spent 300 on a customized Sharks jersey and so I didn't want to do that again, but I guess I got too excited. So I'm basically stuck with this thing. Haha I will def use this site from now on. I had no idea about this site until this morning. Thanks for the advice. You are very helpful and educating! I appreciate it

I am def new in the jersey game for hockey. I spent 300 on a customized Sharks jersey and so I didn't want to do that again, but I guess I got too excited. So I'm basically stuck with this thing. Haha I will def use this site from now on. I had no idea about this site until this morning. Thanks for the advice. You are very helpful and educating! I appreciate it

I'm not saying you are stuck with it. You should ask for a refund, and if refused, report it to eBay. Last I checked, sellers are not allowed to sell counterfeit merchandise which is what that is. If you complain enough, they may force the seller to accept the refund.

And do use this site in the future. You've found us now, so hang around here, participate, and soon you'll have a much keener eye for that kind of stuff. What you can learn in a couple months on this site is amazing.

And do use this site in the future. You've found us now, so hang around here, participate, and soon you'll have a much keener eye for that kind of stuff. What you can learn in a couple months on this site is amazing.

"Keener eye".

Was that another one of your great zingers? ;)

True though. Even if an eBay seller says they will not accept returns, you will always get a return if you bother them enough and go through eBay. EBay will be on your side of you say it's a knockoff, and no seller wants negative feedback that states they sell counterfeit merchandise.

Edited by thebiggoalie

"Keener eye".

True though. Even if an eBay seller says they will not accept returns, you will always get a return if you bother them enough and go through eBay. EBay will be on your side of you say it's a knockoff, and no seller wants negative feedback that states they sell counterfeit merchandise.

I just received a message after I accused him of selling me a knock off, he said "just send it back and I'll credit you."

I'm going through eBay so I don't get screwed.

"Keener eye".

No, but I did hesitate that someone would think it was. I'm just happy that you think my zingers are great, I feel validated!

Then he says if it's out of the clear packaging then he won't take it back lol. What a joke. I'll have eBay handle it. And maybe I should stop being a cheap Arse and just pony up another 250-350 for another jersey. I'm just a blue collar fella and 250-350 is a s***load to me lol

I just received a message after I accused him of selling me a knock off, he said "just send it back and I'll credit you."

I'm going through eBay so I don't get screwed.

Yup, I would do the same. He obviously knew it was a knock off if he regularly deals in knock offs, which he clearly does since he has a ton of them listed for sale. No reason to trust him now.

Make sure you follow eBay's rules and send it back via a trackable method so you can prove he got it back should he try to deny that. This is nearly irrelevant advice at this point as everyone uses Priority Mail, which gets you free tracking anyway. But still.

Then he says if it's out of the clear packaging then he won't take it back lol. What a joke. I'll have eBay handle it. And maybe I should stop being a cheap Arse and just pony up another 250-350 for another jersey. I'm just a blue collar fella and 250-350 is a s***load to me lol

Yup, have eBay handle it. Don't delete the eBay messages and specifically tell them to look at them so they can see he did not deny it being a fake. If you don't tell them to look at these messages, they won't consider them.

Also, if you are patient and keep an eye on this site and eBay, you can usually do better than $250-350 for a legit jersey. Especially if its not one that's rare. I don't know enough about Sharks jerseys to know if that one is or is not.

Edited by mfitz804

And maybe I should stop being a cheap Arse and just pony up another 250-350 for another jersey. I'm just a blue collar fella and 250-350 is a s***load to me lol

Or post what you're looking for here, and by deals and trades, get exactly what you're looking for.

We are all just "blue-collar fellas".

Welcome to the addiction!

That's no fun! Anyone can walk into the Sharks store and pay retail!

Poke around. You'll find some great deals. I'm relatively new to this myself (the forums, not collecting) and have acquired 5 or 6 jerseys in the past month just buying what other forum members don't want anymore.

Also recommend checking out www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys. Its more of the same, but the more resources you have at your disposal the better

I will do all of that! Thank you guys. Hate to cut this short but I am heading into work! Thanks for all the advice!

Work? You are going to stop talking about jerseys to go to work?? What a noob!!!!

I will do all of that! Thank you guys. Hate to cut this short but I am heading into work! Thanks for all the advice!

You and your "blue-collar" jobby-job! Lol

Work? You are going to stop talking about jerseys to go to work?? What a noob!!!!

At one point, I actually assumed all three Devils fans in existence that happened to have found a bromance on the forum didn't even work.

I have one of those jobs that involves a lot of time waiting around for stuff to happen. There's days I wait for 3 hours just to do something for 2 minutes and then be done. I fill that time with lots of smartphone activities, including this site.

Passes the time!

Of course, there's the other answer, which is being a Devils fan is a TON of work in itself these last couple years.

Edited by mfitz804

At one point, I actually assumed all three Devils fans in existence that happened to have found a bromance on the forum didn't even work.

You'd be surprised at what I can do while also using my phone. I've sometimes completely killed my battery at work just killing time and posting here.

You'd be surprised at what I can do while also using my phone. I've sometimes completely killed my battery at work just killing time and posting here.

Only sometimes? I do that daily!!!