First Time EPS Questions

I want to get a blank Penguins premier jersey customized by EPS, but I've never used them before. I believe the Penguins use reverse kiss cut numbers but I'm not sure. Would this be the proper way to fill out the order form:

Customize my Pittsburgh Penguins White Jersey Size L with MALKIN #71 with Alternate Captain's "A", Reverse Kiss Cut.

Also, when is EPS having their spring sale and where would I apply the code?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would work. Once the code comes out, you just reference it in that same box, ""please apply the spring sale code, XXXXXXX" or something of that nature gets it done.

The date of the sale, assuming they have it again this year, has not yet been announced.

Edited by mfitz804

Just a heads up, Pro Knitwear in Pittsburgh does the game jerseys for the Penguins. Their turnaround time is generally very quick. I've never waited more than 2 weeks for anything. Exceptional work as well

Just a heads up, Pro Knitwear in Pittsburgh does the game jerseys for the Penguins. Their turnaround time is generally very quick. I've never waited more than 2 weeks for anything. Exceptional work as well

Send it there instead. Always use the team's official customizer if that is an option.

OP, feel free to PM me if you want to talk about Pro Knitwear

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean by full price. If you have it done at the same time they are customizing the rest of the jersey, there's no extra charge. If you send them a jersey lettered by someone else, and you are asking them to add their own C or A, then they would charge you only a portion of the entire kit- I don't know how much that would be, but a guess might be $15-20 plus shipping both ways- ouch. Not that the letter is worth that much by itself, but to go to the trouble of cutting it, stitching it together, and then stitching it to the jersey will take a decent amount of time. If EPS originally lettered the jersey for you recently and you decided as an afterthought to add the A or C, sometimes they might do it free of charge since it would have been reasonable to ask for the letter when it was originally customized.

Would it still cost full price to get an "A" or "C" letter added to a jersey by EPS? Has anyone ever had this done before?

I once had them do a Captain's C plus a nameplate, was $35 for the plate and $6.50 for the C. No idea if it would cost the same on its own or not.

One thing that might help is that if you have another jersey (or more) that you're planning to have EPS letter completely, then send them all together at the same time. It probably will save you $30 to $35 in shipping costs.

EPS has been pretty good to me about stuff like this. I've sent them a couple of jerseys with corrections to make, and they had originally lettered the jerseys for me 2 to 3 years prior, and they still made the changes without charge. I didn't ask them to do it for free, nor was I expecting them to due to the length of time that had passed, but they did a great job and didn't charge me for it. In both cases I sent them the jersey to be fixed along with new ones I was gonna have lettered anyway, so it didn't even really cost me shipping either.

i just ordered 4 mighty ducks alternate captain A's. they charged me 7$ a pop

Coincidentally, mine was a Ducks as well.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone else who is probably about to send a jersey to EPS for the first time, I was wondering if anybody would confirm that Hurricanes jerseys (specifically 2012-2013, although I'd be curious to know about the current style as well) should be done with layered numbers. That's my guess from game photos, but I'm new to this so I don't totally trust my eyes.

EPS does the hurricanes on ice stuff as far as I know. I think they are layered, but EPS will do whatever is right for it.

Your jersey should be layered.

I wonder if they even plan on having a spring sale this year, they have usually announced it by now.

As of the last conversation I had with Josh, there will be a Spring Sale when and if they have a slow-down, which usually happens in the Spring but not always. No guarantee of a sale, but in any event, its not now.

That was as of a week ago.

Still waiting on 2 customizations and 3 patch removal/applications on jerseys sent out at end of December.

Hoping to get them back before the playoffs start/end but, not looking good.

Last week I got back an order I sent them on Dec.2, so hopefully it won't be much longer for you. **fingers crossed**

As someone else who is probably about to send a jersey to EPS for the first time, I was wondering if anybody would confirm that Hurricanes jerseys (specifically 2012-2013, although I'd be curious to know about the current style as well) should be done with layered numbers.

Just a heads-up on a potential issue you may have in lettering a size 52 Canes jersey. There's a very limited distance between the red stripes on the back shoulder and waist, so it may not be possible to fit the on-ice sized nameplate and numbers in the available space without the bottom of the numbers overlapping the waist stripe. I recently had a size 50 Canes jersey done, and EPS had to shrink the back numbers so much that it looks quite unnatural, as the numbers look way too small in proportion to the letters. Perhaps I should have had the nameplate/letters reduced in size as well, I don't know. It is what it is, I suppose.

I don't know the exact dimensions of the on-ice nameplate/numbers, but there's someone here who has a very extensive Canes gamer collection, and being the nice guy he is, I'm sure could be persuaded to provide that info if you need it.

EPS does the hurricanes on ice stuff as far as I know. I think they are layered, but EPS will do whatever is right for it.

Really? I thought they only did Nashville, Washington and New Jersey.

Really? I thought they only did Nashville, Washington and New Jersey.

You made me second guess that so I checked, but yeah they do.

http://exclusivepro.com/product/725/carolina_hurricanes_home_jersey

Think they may do Florida as well, but that I am less sure of.

Edited by JoeM7392

Just a heads-up on a potential issue you may have in lettering a size 52 Canes jersey. There's a very limited distance between the red stripes on the back shoulder and waist, so it may not be possible to fit the on-ice sized nameplate and numbers in the available space without the bottom of the numbers overlapping the waist stripe. I recently had a size 50 Canes jersey done, and EPS had to shrink the back numbers so much that it looks quite unnatural, as the numbers look way too small in proportion to the letters. Perhaps I should have had the nameplate/letters reduced in size as well, I don't know. It is what it is, I suppose.

I don't know the exact dimensions of the on-ice nameplate/numbers, but there's someone here who has a very extensive Canes gamer collection, and being the nice guy he is, I'm sure could be persuaded to provide that info if you need it.

I was able to get the height measurements from Mr2Bits and his Canes gamers (thanks again!). The numbers are 11.75" and the nameplate is 3.75" high. That totals 15.5", and on the size 52 I measured 16.5" from the shoulder stripe to the waist stripe. So hopefully they'll be able to fit, even if there's not a ton of leftover whitespace. I suppose I'll try it and see if it comes out looking okay.