First Time EPS Questions

Energy Legs, you also have the choice of making the numbers 3-layer stacked twill, with the back numbers having a printed stripe pattern on the top layer.  Josh at EPS seems to think these look better.  But most of us accuracy geeks here prefer the one-layer sublimated ones.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 2:12 PM, LAK74 said:

Just a heads-up on a potential issue you may have in lettering a size 52 Canes jersey. There's a very limited distance between the red stripes on the back shoulder and waist, so it may not be possible to fit the on-ice sized nameplate and numbers in the available space without the bottom of the numbers overlapping the waist stripe. I recently had a size 50 Canes jersey done, and EPS had to shrink the back numbers so much that it looks quite unnatural, as the numbers look way too small in proportion to the letters. Perhaps I should have had the nameplate/letters reduced in size as well, I don't know.

I forgot to ask at the time...was your size 50 a 1.0 or 2.0?

Nothing to be sorry about.  I just posted the link because I was too lazy to retype the info on the final character sizes on my jersey.  Did everything turn out OK on yours?

• 1 month later...

Just got the invoice for a pair of current Devils jerseys from EPS; 6 weeks almost to the day. Not bad at all. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Just got the invoice for a pair of current Devils jerseys from EPS; 6 weeks almost to the day. Not bad at all. 

Well, that gives me some hope I might get mine sooner than I expected. Sent in a pair of jerseys about five weeks ago. Figured it might take forever since I waited until so late in the summer, which would be my own fault for procrastinating.

Whether it's a current style seems to make quite a difference. Most of the time mine aren't and it takes much longer, 12 weeks is not unusual. In fact, I have an order 2 weeks older than this one (so 8 weeks) and that's not shipping yet.

I just sent in my Kings (Robitaille), Devils (95 SCF Niedermayer) and Coyotes (Amonte) but I'm not expecting them back until December, probably. I sent them in precisely because I don't have to worry about paying for them for a while.

I staggered a few orders for the same reason. In fact, I sent out the last ones I had today after getting and paying that invoice. 

• 2 weeks later...

My June 17 order, with several older All Stars and one AHL, was invoiced today. Nearly 3 months to the day.

For those of you who like to track current wait times. 

• 3 months later...

I just received a polite and informative email from Josh that my modern era Blackhawks jerseys are going to be completed withing 6-7 total weeks. 

This definitely exceeds my expectations about the wait time for my first time EPS experience. Excited to see the final result but as someone with little patience, the wait is killing me. 

Edited by Committed

That's about right for current styles. Unfortunately I mostly send older ones, or I send in a current one with an older one and that delays things.

1 hour ago, Committed said:

I just received a polite and informative email from Josh that my modern era Blackhawks jerseys are going to be completed withing 6-7 total weeks. 

This definitely exceeds my expectations about the wait time for my first time EPS experience. Excited to see the final result but as someone with little patience, the wait is killing me. 

What was the wait from CSL?

They did a few of my jerseys and it was less than 2 weeks.

Just thinking - if they are the ones that do the Blackhawks team jerseys, wouldn't it be ideal to go to them?
Is EPS cheaper?  

The issue I ran into with TTS and CSL was they do not have the Edge name plate material. The guy from TTS said they have a tiered discount system so I would definitely use them for the MLB jerseys on deck. 

I also have bought and later sold too many 2.0 jerseys with incorrect name, letter fonts or just crappy sew jobs. Sick of making an impulse buy only to regret it later due to customization issues. Just want to be done with a few of my projects and ensure they are perfect the first time. 

*Hope you guys are doing well and keeping warm!

TTS once told me they don't have Edge material and that you can "hardly tell the difference" between it and airknit.

That, plus finding this board and learning that EPS does the Devils anyway, made me an EPS guy. 

Not exactly a lie as edge material is a big time pain in the Arse to work with.  Skipped stitches is a big time problem for me when I sew edge material.  I dont have any problems with any other material except edge.

7 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Not exactly a lie as edge material is a big time pain in the Arse to work with.  Skipped stitches is a big time problem for me when I sew edge material.  I dont have any problems with any other material except edge.

But I bet you don't do your jerseys incorrectly to compensate.