First Time EPS Questions

I was looking at the dates of Wings jerseys, and it looks like they wore Nike at that time, so I think I'm going to go with a 91-92 Lidstrom rookie year jersey. So, since there isn't a 'Z' in that name, should it be good? And for the Rangers, since I'm a Hawks fan, got to go with a 93-94 Larmer stanley cup finals jersey. With this year, will EPS still have trouble with this, and if places like Crosby can't do them correct, would it even matter? Again, thanks for all the help! I don't need 100% accurate, but close enough where it is not noticeable at first glance.

Edited by spudrock512

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this might be of more help to you.  In each pair of photos, a gamer is shown first, and an EPS-lettered authentic below:

IMG_7489_zpsvt08syxc.jpgIMG_1103_zpsid17bxsa.jpg

IMG_1524_zpsugnqghz3.jpgIMG_0372_zpswlxsjfah.jpg

In the Wings example, the EPS letters look slightly wider, but I have seen some gamers where the letters look wider as well.  I think the width varied a bit depending on the season, and also the length of the name.

Latest order was 3 weeks 4 days. Unbelievable speed. 

Becoming obvious why there was no sale last year and they are anticipating one this year. 

Hey Guys - new to the thread here. I placed my first order with CSL and forget to tell them to used the Edge Nameplate. Called and asked to see if they could re-do it but they said they don't have it available. Does anyone know where I could find a blank Edge nameplate? 

38 minutes ago, ken said:

Hey Guys - new to the thread here. I placed my first order with CSL and forget to tell them to used the Edge Nameplate. Called and asked to see if they could re-do it but they said they don't have it available. Does anyone know where I could find a blank Edge nameplate? 

Contact JerseyBaron at sales@jerseybaron.com They don't sell them on eBay anymore, but they'll still sell them (just bought 2 myself last week).

33 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Contact JerseyBaron at sales@jerseybaron.com They don't sell them on eBay anymore, but they'll still sell them (just bought 2 myself last week).

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Did CSL tell you this was a permanent situation?  No more Edge nameplates?

No - not sure if they didn't want to redo my jersey or they dont really have any right now. They told me they use the unused plates they receive to do the teams' jerseys and sell them to the consumer. Currently, they don't have anything lying around per our conversation

Well that's a bummer.  Of any color plate for the Hawks, I'd be in the market for red, too. 

I just bought a jersey from JB but forgot to ask if he'd sell me a loose plate along with it.  I purchased several plates from him in the past but was also told recently that they're not being sold loose anymore. 

44 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

How big of one do you need?  I think I have a full one laying around, but I might need to use it in the future, but if it is for a Kane or Toews (as short name like that, I could help you out.

I wish I could make the same offer, but I may get a Hjalmarsson done.  That'll probably take the whole plate.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

How big of one do you need?  I think I have a full one laying around, but I might need to use it in the future, but if it is for a Kane or Toews (as short name like that, I could help you out.

It's for Toews - let me know. Happy to return the favor someway / some how

16 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I wish I could make the same offer, but I may get a Hjalmarsson done.  That'll probably take the whole plate.

No worries - totally understand

I got a call from CSL this morning to take the payment for my order. They said nothing about the nameplate. Here's hoping for the best. I got a 2014 SS jersey customized so maybe they had some black Edge plates available.

Given you guys are much more experienced with EPS. There should be no problems for them to customize a jersey in the following style, right? Looks like just a standard font to me.

c4trCK2.jpg

2 hours ago, Lumpjaw said:

Given you guys are much more experienced with EPS. There should be no problems for them to customize a jersey in the following style, right? Looks like just a standard font to me.

It's best if you give them pictures to go by, if you do I'm guessing they will get very close.

i had them do a couple FHL jerseys based on photos and measurements of a gamer and they came out amazing. 

Has anyone had a Thrashers jersey done by EPS? I have two blank 2.0s but don't know where the best place is to get them done. Below is a pic of a jersey apparently customized by EPS, and comparing it to the actual game worn jersey below it, The letters are way too wide and the C appears to be a totally different font.2fWLJCP.jpg7655.jpg

Official team customizers as per the thread we have going here:

Atlanta Thrashers - Bobcat Athletic (2009-2011); AIS Custom Uniform (1999-2009)

You're definitely right, though, the name font is off and the numbers may be too thick as well.

Oh yeah, and Kovalchuk is such a gentleman :D

Edited by slimcutta
This was reported by someone on the intertubes...good times :D

I personally haven't had any done by EPS, but I've seen a few pictures of some, and the font does look a little goofy, with some back numbers also looking a bit too elongated.  When the Edge came out, the letter font got a little skinnier, and EPS may not have accounted for that when lettering the Edges.  If you want it as exact as possible, Bobcat Athletic has the original Edge fonts.  (I don't think they have the earlier 6100 font.)  Just FYI, the kits were stacked all the way up to 2009.  Starting with the 2009/10 season, they switched to kiss-cut, right around when Bobcat took over the customization duties from AIS.

Edited by LAK74