Phantoms jersey

cowboys

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's totally an effective strategy as a buyer. As a seller, obviously I'd prefer everyone who wants to make a bid have the opportunity to do so.

But yeah, I snipe too.

Hmm, I just realized I'm an idiot. I've never snipped an auction because I have no idea what that would entail. I have SNIPED a ton though.

I did ask thru the eBay listing ,and accused them of shill bidding but no response yet

Unfortunately, there's no way for them to win on that. If they deny it, they look guilty. If they don't respond at all, they still look guilty. So they'll probably just ignore it.

Hmm, I just realized I'm an idiot. I've never snipped an auction because I have no idea what that would entail. I have SNIPED a ton though.

With all the crap that gets said on this forum and others, you'll need more than that to accomplish an idiot level!

Man this makes me wonder what players and or teams know about the jerseys that players sign. Thinking about that "sporting goods store" in a "local" mall I've posted about that sells 100% fakes with flyers, Phillies, Eagles and Sixers signatures.. This s*** here makes me wonder if teams/players get a cut. These players get signings scheduled and get paid to do it. A fan can have their own jerseys signed and this "store" has between 10-20 fakes signed, authenticated thru a top authenticator(JSA) and they sell the jerseys for $250 bucks in a local mall. Someone has to know, the player, a team rep, an NHL rep. Are they complicit? I've heard the argument for "fakes"(people who can't afford real jerseys can only afford fakes etc) but this is different. A $5 jersey, with a $10 sig, LOA for $20 and then sold for $250 to fans that are diehard enough to patronize. This stuff is expected from a back alley hustler, but from a big sporting good store, in a mall, where players come to meet the fans and agree to sign fakes for the store owner so he can rip fans offs? Now we have team run ebay stores trying to hustle their own fans... WTF????

• 2 weeks later...

Like I have said in the past, this is another reason why auctioning off gamers sucks.

By that logic, all auctions suck.

They do (for the buyers usually) and I am glad we agree.

Everyone should report the auctions. It won't do much but hey... give it a shot.

They do (for the buyers usually) and I am glad we agree.

I didn't agree. Your logic presupposed that all sellers are dishonest, which is clearly not correct.

Everyone should report the auctions. It won't do much but hey... give it a shot.

I recently had occasion to call eBay's customer service about a shill bidding situation and was surprised by what their criteria are. I won't post it here because it's basically a quick start guide on how to successfully shill bid without reprisal.

I didn't agree. Your logic presupposed that all sellers are dishonest, which is clearly not correct.

Not saying sellers are dishonest, but auctioning off these kinds of stuff usually ends with the buyers being screwed somehow.

As long as teams/leagues make money they couldn't care less so that's how things are going to be.

Well in this instance the only people getting screwed are the people who don't realize the seller is dishonest. It's the team doing the screwing, has nothing to do with it being an auction, which can be run fairly and legitimately.

Well in this instance the only people getting screwed are the people who don't realize the seller is dishonest. It's the team doing the screwing, has nothing to do with it being an auction, which can be run fairly and legitimately.

Even in fair auctions the buyer gets screwed by paying more than the value of the item. Yes no one is putting a gun to their heads to bid, but in the end in auctions often the buyer does get screwed in some way.

The buyer sets his own max price, so in a fair auction, the buyer can't get screwed unless he screws himself.

Edited by mfitz804

Even in fair auctions the buyer gets screwed by paying more than the value of the item. Yes no one is putting a gun to their heads to bid, but in the end in auctions often the buyer does get screwed in some way.

I see WAY more auctions ending for far below fair prices on stuff than I do stuff where things go for more than market value without shill bidding.

I see WAY more auctions ending for far below fair prices on stuff than I do stuff where things go for more than market value without shill bidding.

And even if they do go above maker value, it's only if the buyer bids more than market value, so that person is not getting screwed, unless as I said, you consider it screwing themselves.