Whens the last time you bought a full price jersey?

rattlestar

Happens more often than I'd like to admit. Many of the 2.0's I've purchased simply weren't available anywhere else, so I had no other options. The newest ASG jerseys were probably the most recent example.

I just did last week. I usually look for deals, but when you don't see what you really want except at retail price, you don't have much of a choice.

Edited by spudrock512

I do it when I don't think I can find it anywhere else in the right size... This is mostly on 90s jersey. More often than not I get a good deal which is my justification for the occasional full price splurge.

My last occasional splurge was 3 or 4 days ago though so :D

Edited by JJM4

I've bought 3 at full retail, my two devils retro edges, and my 2016 all star. That one was only a couple months back.

It will be at least 5 when those world cup jerseys come out and the baron gets them.

Edited by JoeM7392

You guys think the EDGE stuff is bad? You should see what MLB is churning out these days. It seems they've replaced that CoolBase crap with the new FlexBase jerseys. Take a gander:

http://shop.mlb.com/New_York_Mets_Jerseys_Authentic_-_On-Field/Mens_New_York_Mets_Noah_Syndergaard_Majestic_White_Alternate_Flexbase_Authentic_Collection_Player_Jersey

If you buy one of those, you're essentially throwing about $200 away because you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER get that money back. Ever.

If getting JB's "off eBay" counts as full retail, then my Devils retro and 2016 ASG. Technically each was $25 off.

Can't get them anywhere else...

You guys think the EDGE stuff is bad? You should see what MLB is churning out these days. It seems they've replaced that CoolBase crap with the new FlexBase jerseys. Take a gander:

http://shop.mlb.com/New_York_Mets_Jerseys_Authentic_-_On-Field/Mens_New_York_Mets_Noah_Syndergaard_Majestic_White_Alternate_Flexbase_Authentic_Collection_Player_Jersey

If you buy one of those, you're essentially throwing about $200 away because you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER get that money back. Ever.

Good thing I find baseball as interesting as rugby union then :P

If getting JB's "off eBay" counts as full retail, then my Devils retro and 2016 ASG. Technically each was $25 off.

Can't get them anywhere else...

Yeah that's what I was assuming.

Trying to find Blackhawks jerseys at an extreme discount is very rare. So aside from the 'off eBay' discount JB gives, most of my EDGE jerseys are close to retail. Older Ultrafil jerseys and the like I try to hold out for deals, but ever since 2010 they're not as easy to come by.

Most of my jerseys were bought at full retail. Notable exceptions were my kings 2.0 from the team la end of season clearance, and I got my Hawks 16 SS from IJ for 255 not long ago.

Yeah, not going to do it. Only good thing is MLB shop has some good sales sometimes, 40/50% off is common if you can wait for it.

What I really dislike is that panel in the back that's supposed to keep it tucked. That may be great for players, but a lot of fans wear them untucked. That panel is a different material, and on some jerseys, isn't even the same color/pattern as the rest of the jersey.

I greatly prefer the Cool Base. Although I like the quality of the old double knit jerseys better, they are just too hot to wear in the New York summer.

And yes, wait for a sale. The last Cool Base I got I waited and got a 40% coupon, good off the already lower sale price.

Edited by mfitz804

The new MLB jerseys are horrible! Suppose its a good thing for players, but the diaper, the side mesh panels, the plastic logo, they're all around terrible for fans to wear. I didn't even like the cool base versions of recent jerseys. Looks like I'll continue to not buy new MLB jerseys which is kind of a bummer.

Plus they don't even have "fighting straps"...

They should put spikes on them. Now THAT is a fighting strap.

I should add also that paying retail only applies to Edge jerseys at this point, everything else I collect is older and as such, no longer available at retail anyway. But, when purchasing older CCM stuff, I am typically not paying more than $100-125 for a blank which would have cost at least $200 back in the day.

Yeah, not going to do it. Only good thing is MLB shop has some good sales sometimes, 40/50% off is common if you can wait for it.

I am worried we may not be seeing sales of that magnitude now that fanatics has taken over the mlbshop. They will spam your inbox with promotions, but most of the sales are only 5-10% off.

• 2 weeks later...