Is there any kind of market for resold jersey tags?

TheKevinShow

I'm on the verge of purchasing a Hawks road jersey from the Baron but since I intend to wear it, I'm going to remove the retail tags. As the title says, is there any kind of market for tags to be resold and added to NWOT jerseys? I'm only planning to remove the tags from the Blackhawks jersey as all of my other NWT authentics will be unworn, but if someone can reuse them, I'd love to help them out.

Tags, probably.

Retail hang tags with the Barcode and whatever, I doubt it.

To me, it seems like you'd be inviting counterfeiters to stick legit tags on fake jerseys by making them available. Maybe not on this board, but elsewhere.

To me, it seems like you'd be inviting counterfeiters to stick legit tags on fake jerseys by making them available. Maybe not on this board, but elsewhere.

Well, crap. I didn't even think of that.

I mean, one set of tags obviously wouldn't create a problem. If there was a market created and we all did it when we removed the tags, different story.

Ive seen jerseys on ebay (fortunately not hockey jerseys....yet) get magically retagged and advertised as new with tags. Just another thing to look out for.