MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMLFAN

You don't think the fans and media are just as bad in those cities?

No, they aren't. The Toronto media has a special (earned) reputation in the hockey world.

Edited by TheKevinShow

and now a kid who didnt dominate in Switzerland and is tasked along with Marner and Nylander to be a hockey messiah is going to be compared to Sid and Connor by EVERY analyst in Canada.

I have one question to you...did you saw just ONE of his games live from Switzerland? I ask you because your comment is really funny...didn't dominate?!

I saw more than 20 games live at the stadium...home and away...and he was dominate in almost every game...

I'm by far not a Leafs fan, but this organization can be very happy to have the chance to draft him...never saw an 18 year old player that is more mature and with a professional work ethic like him. Was at the trainings too and he was always one of the last who stepped off the ice...made some shooting and skill training when others were already going to the dressing room. So if you didn't saw him live then you should not rate him...

Swiss players are obviously full of holes...

JAJAJAJAJAJA ?

Calcio. He DIDNT DOMINATE. 10th in scoring and he played on average 10 games less than the guys above him. Even at 2 points per game average which he was closer to 1.3 he would have finished 2nd behind Pierre Marc Bouchard.

To be an effective NHL caliber elite scorer you need to do better than 46 points in 36 game in the Swiss league.

Heck JOSH HOLDEN was in the top 10. Does that mean he dominated the Swiss League too.

I appreciate you watched the games live but that doesnt mean that those who watched online didnt understand his gameplay.

Its a MASSIVE jump from the swiss league to the NHL.

I like Laine better anyway. Somebody needs to implicate him in a drug ring or something so he falls to 11.

I'll take the centre over the winger any day of the week. You can't win without the stud centre and stud D man. Hopefully Matthews turns into that.

Looking forward to seeing how Laine fits on a line with Scheifele and Wheeler. Can't wait for the season to start! One thing we can all agree on is seeing more Canadian teams in the playoffs next year. ?

I like Laine better anyway. Somebody needs to implicate him in a drug ring or something so he falls to 11.

I think you just did! Don't pass to that guy, that guy, he sucks!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tp7ss_bTP4Y