Should I send these back to CSL?

mdwsta4

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When customizing via CSL, do I have to specify anything beyond "Please customize my Chicago Blackhawks white jersey size 56 with KANE #88 with alternate captain's A"?

Also, do they have red airknit available? I'm also sending my brother's Hawks replica to them, so I'm not concerned about it being an absolute match (nor am I concerned about the font being perfect) but the jersey is airknit so I figure I should at least get the right material even if it's not perfect.

Edited by TheKevinShow

You could call to make sure, but I'm sure they have red airknit, since it's their default material.  If you want Edge plates on yours, make sure to specify that.  They charge $10 extra for an Edge plate.

In general, I just specify everything I can think of, even if I think it should be obvious.  I have a 90's Rangers out getting done, and I even wrote "no nameplate" in the instructions.  Did the customizer know to do that already?  Almost certainly, but it doesn't hurt to have it written down.

• Please customize my Chicago Blackhawks white jersey size 56 with KANE #88 with alternate captain's A and Edge material nameplate
  • Please customize my Chicago Blackhawks red jersey size L with ROENICK #27 with alternate captain's A and airknit nameplate and add Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch

I should be good to go.

18 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:
  • Please customize my Chicago Blackhawks white jersey size 56 with KANE #88 with alternate captain's A and Edge material nameplate
  • Please customize my Chicago Blackhawks red jersey size L with ROENICK #27 with alternate captain's A and airknit nameplate and add Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch

I should be good to go.

I would generally specify "current font" or "font from 19XX" or whatever it is in case there was a change. 

Luckily or unluckily, I collect Devils jerseys. We don't change. 

Alright, I think I have everything covered.

• Please customize my Blackhawks white jersey size 56 with KANE #88 with alternate captain's A and Edge material nameplate, using the Blackhawks' current font
  • Please customize my Blackhawks red jersey size L with ROENICK #27 with alternate captain's A, airknit nameplate and enclosed Stanley Cup 100th anniversary patch, using the Blackhawks' 1990s font

On 6/27/2016 at 3:29 PM, furiousd said:

I've had CSL do several jerseys for me recently, and I'm very happy with them.  Quality was good, turnaround was about 3 weeks.  They were all recent designs, though (WC third jersey and newer).  I don't know anything about their ability to do older variations.  

Thank you, appreciate the feedback buddy! Ideally just looking for a place to do a few newer Edge sweaters and some modern MLB jerseys. 

• 2 weeks later...

To bring this topic back, I just got the jerseys back in the mail today. All of the EDGE jerseys were redone with correct name plate material. The ultrafil Larmer was redone with an ultrafil nameplate and more accurate font. The Dawson was redone as well, but it's a complete mess now. Tom didn't ask for payment even though I inquired about it multiple times and I was hardly expecting not to pay for the correct customization. I'm writing the Cubs jersey off as a loss since there's no way I'd wear it like this. Will have to be on the search for another one to have done up. 

At the end of the day, I'm more than happy with the results even with the miscommunication although it seems like I pissed them off. Below are pics of the updated Larmer and Dawson. Don't think it's necessary to post new pics of the EDGE jerseys as they're self explanatory. 

Ultrafil Larmer

25489804745489-vi.jpg

You can't see where the old number was, but you can clearly see where they put the name. Looks horrendous now. 

43489804823182-vi.jpg

06489804786201-vi.jpg

Took a long time to find that style of jersey in the size I wanted. Hopefully it doesn't take me that long to find another. 

1 hour ago, Committed said:

Have you tried to steam out the area where the name was? 

I was going to suggest the same thing.  I'm always amazed how stitch marks just disappear after steaming.  Even bits of glue residue seem to melt and vaporize away.  The small bits of blue and red threads should be easily removable.  I'm rather surprised, though, that the residue line next to the number hasn't come out.  It doesn't look that bad at all, and seems like it should be removable with a solvent.    Just guessing, but it seems to me that the jersey could be salvageable, and not a total write-off.

I tried giving it a press with steam and an iron this morning, but it didn't really have much of an impact. 

Where in LA are you? I'll gladly drop it off if you think you can work some magic on it! ;)

On 5/3/2016 at 4:45 PM, mfitz804 said:

Really not understanding what they did with the Dawson. You asked for no name, a single layer 8, and you got that??

That dawson is the teams current font set right? That's the one that would really grind my gears.

Just read the whole thread, sucks about the Dawson- if you're writing it off, you might as well do whatever you can to remvoe the impressions of the name. Maybe a dry cleaner can do it if you specifically tell em what to do.

19 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I tried giving it a press with steam and an iron this morning, but it didn't really have much of an impact.  Where in LA are you? I'll gladly drop it off if you think you can work some magic on it! ;)

I'm surprised that the steaming didn't have any significant effect.

I work in the South Bay, but live further inland (Hacienda Heights).  I figure you might be joking about having a crack at the jersey, but if you were even halfway serious, feel free to PM me.  I'm not sure yet what I could do that you haven't tried already, but I must admit I'm curious to see if anything could be done to salvage it.

On June 27, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Committed said:

So is the generalarrow-10x10.png consensus that CSL is now betterarrow-10x10.png than TTS for Blackhawks lettering? I do not want to wait 6 years for EPS...

Just curious...what makes you say that...???  Just because CSL does the Hawks jerseys...??

I go way way way back knowing CSL's owner...and I know TTS's owner...

Let's just say that CSL getting to do the Hawks jerseys was an under the table deal...TTS earned every single account he has AND they do much much better work than CSL...I've been around the hobby for well over 30 years so my eye for good work is pretty good...

On July 13, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Tazer19 said:

Just curious...what makes you say that...???  Just because CSL does the Hawks jerseys...??

I go way way way back knowing CSL's owner...and I know TTS's owner...

Let's just say that CSL getting to do the Hawks jerseys was an under the table deal...TTS earned every single account he has AND they do much much better work than CSL...I've been around the hobby for well over 30 years so my eye for good work is pretty good...

I am just trying to sift through years of comments and threats to decifer who would be a better choice for Blackhawks and White Sox customization.  I am somewhat familiar with the extent of your collection and the appreciate your opinion on the topic. Thanks for the feedback buddy!

I have a potentially s***ty situation going on with CSL at the moment. Brought a jersey there roughly a month ago paid in full with cash. Call today for an update and they say it should be done Saturday. Then get a call from them an hour ago, saying they misplaced mine and other invoices partly responsible for the delay, talk to the guy and tell him that I paid in full and that I also may have gotten rid of my receipt, as I've never been asked for it in the past. Ugh guess I'll see what happens this weekend.