How big is your...collection

LAK79

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 Baseball + 9 Basketball + 18 Football + 156 Hockey + 1 Lacross + 4 Rugby + 145 Soccer = 381 jerseys

I've got my first authentic in 1995, when the Nordiques left, I bought the last jersey in the team store...

Here's my (humble) collection:

Hockey (19):

15 game-worn (mostly from QMJHL)

1 authentic

3 replicas

Baseball (11):

3 game-worn

2 authentics

6 replicas

Soccer (3):

2 authentics

1 replica

Basketball:

2 replicas

Rugby:

1 replica

Football:

1 replica

Total: 37

Well boys, I am not EXACTLY 100% sure but I am right at OR just over 400 Chicago Blackhawks or Blackhawks related jerseys...

Blackhawk related jerseys would be jerseys that Hawk player wore while playing for the Hawks...like All Star jersey, Olympic jerseys etc...

For the longest time I have been wanting to catalog them in alphabetic order so I know what I have...and then take a few pics of each....but with the amount I have it will totally be an all day project...

Well boys, I am not EXACTLY 100% sure but I am right at OR just over 400 Chicago Blackhawks or Blackhawks related jerseys...

Blackhawk related jerseys would be jerseys that Hawk player wore while playing for the Hawks...like All Star jersey, Olympic jerseys etc...

For the longest time I have been wanting to catalog them in alphabetic order so I know what I have...and then take a few pics of each....but with the amount I have it will totally be an all day project...

Trust me man, it's going to take more than 1 day. You wouldn't think it takes that long but it does.

That's an insane number though...wow!

Trust me man, it's going to take more than 1 day. You wouldn't think it takes that long but it does.

Yeah he might have TWO extra all stars!!!

D7272FFB-D404-4D52-9124-8D9250FE569A.png

It's about quality not quantity..

I am NOT BRAGGING at all and I couldn't agree more...all of my jerseys are either game worn, game issued or authentics....many of my jerseys have come right from the Hawks...from the Hawks convention or other collectors...

Thanks for reminding me to re-photograph my collection. Hanging the jerseys from my door just doesn't work. Fortunately, photographing 51 jerseys will be easy.

I'm curious what the one football gamer is, and why just one?

Redskins Nic Clemons w/GSS patch Skins wore in 2003 - didn't really want to get into football as well but saw it for a great price in the Redskins store back in 2005 so snagged it. NFL doesn't have fighters so its my one and only football gamer.

Thanks for reminding me to re-photograph my collection. Hanging the jerseys from my door just doesn't work. Fortunately, photographing 51 jerseys will be easy.

Hell, 51 will take a while. If I may make a prediction...about 6 or 7 in, you'll say to yourself "da f*ck was I thinking?"

Hell, 51 will take a while. If I may make a prediction...about 6 or 7 in, you'll say to yourself "da f*ck was I thinking?"

I've got the rest of today and all day tomorrow off. I'm ready. No guarantees that I'll get all of them, though.

It's just that the hanger method is so inconsistent since some jerseys are heavier than others and not every one hangs the same. I need to change it up.

Edited by TheKevinShow

I recently took pictures of everything in my collection that I hadn't previously photographed, it was a giant pain in the Arse.

I've got the rest of today and all day tomorrow off. I'm ready. No guarantees that I'll get all of them, though.

It's just that the hanger method is so inconsistent since some jerseys are heavier than others and not every one hangs the same. I need to change it up.

Laying flat is definitely a better method. But as furiousd said, a lot of up down, fold this fold that.

Then there's all the sorting, cropping and uploading. I'm lucky my camera has a WiFi option and an app on my phone. No cords. It's pretty dope.

Seven is where I hit a wall, too. It may as well be calisthenics. Down! arrange jersey... Up! frame picture... Down! flatten jersey... Up! check camera... Down! straighten sleeve... Up! take picture... Down! flip jersey...

You nailed it man. I was snapping away one night while my wife was giving my daughter a bath. Came upstairs all sweaty and breathing heavy...She asked what the eff I was doing down there...when I told her, she just shook her head and called me a dork.

You nailed it man. I was snapping away one night while my wife was giving my daughter a bath. Came upstairs all sweaty and breathing heavy...She asked what the eff I was doing down there...when I told her, she just shook her head and called me a dork.

"But I'm YOUR dork!"

Seven is where I hit a wall, too. It may as well be calisthenics. Down! arrange jersey... Up! frame picture... Down! flatten jersey... Up! check camera... Down! straighten sleeve... Up! take picture... Down! flip jersey...

Slim's 6-pack abs!

Then there's all the sorting, cropping and uploading. I'm lucky my camera has a WiFi option and an app on my phone. No cords. It's pretty dope.

2016...what is "cords"?

:)

Edited by mfitz804

she just shook her head and called me a dork.

I can one up that with this conversation.

"Why do you have a picture of the Swedish Chef in your Photos?"

"Well, sometimes people post Ray Bourque jerseys, and the Swedish Chef says..."

"You're an idiot."

"Definitely."