Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got both of these jerseys in yesterday:

1) Petr Sykora 2012 Retro Night game worn.  Petr wore this on 3/17/12 in the Devils loss versus Pittsburgh on their annual Retro Night game.  Petr did manage to score 1 of the 2 goals the Devils scored in the 5-2 loss in this jersey.  Has very light wear with a couple of very small marks on the body.

2) Jason Arnott 2010-11 Pat Burns memorial patched game worn jersey.  Jersey was worn in 4 home games on 11/22/10, 11/24/10, 11/27/10 and 12/2/10 with the PB patch in honor of the recent passing of their former coach Pat Burns.  Jason scored 3 goals in those 4 games while wearing this jersey including a 2-goal game in the 11/22/10 game against Washington.  Jersey has some good wear on the right sleeve with 3 repairs and some marks.  All of the PB-patched gamers were later signed by the entire 2010-11 Devils team and auctioned off with proceeds going to charity.

With these two I have now officially finished my Devils A-line gamer collection as I also have a 2011-12 White set 2 Elias.  Working on the Crash Line next as I have a Peluso and a McKay, but need a Holik.

27244266613_28245c6c53_c.jpg

27244335264_0d882a216b_c.jpg

27244335354_b257afcf0f_c.jpg

27780390331_165181a3cc_c.jpg

27244266663_f7f3f89f05_c.jpg

I hate how much I like the Devils retro jerseys... Very nice.

Great pickups, especially the Sykora. Always love the retros, I could own a closet full of just those.

Hey Shero & Co., bring back the white version too!

47 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

I hate how much I like the Devils retro jerseys... Very nice.

I feel the same about the Devils.  I don't like them as a team, but I love their jerseys.  So I said f**k it and now I have two; white and red christmas trees.  And I'll probably end up getting a Brodeur if a nice one in my size ever pops up.  What can ya do.

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I feel the same about the Devils.  I don't like them as a team, but I love their jerseys.  So I said f**k it and now I have two; white and red christmas trees.  And I'll probably end up getting a Brodeur if a nice one in my size ever pops up.  What can ya do.

That's why they are so hard to get, they are so awesome that other team's fans are compelled to buy them. 

Everyone should stop doing that so I can have more. 

Thanks guys!

Re: Devils Christmas jerseys.  What's funny is that when it was announced in the 91-92 season that the colors were changing for next season, an overwhelming majority of fans at the time were very excited and relieved that they no longer had to watch the team play in what was seen at the time a dopey looking jersey.  They were also called Pizza box jerseys by some as they looked like old-school pizza boxes who had the Italian flag colors on them.  Basically the general feeling at the time was good riddance.

Fast forward to summer of 2009 when the first Retro Night jersey game was announced for 3/17/10, and everyone suddenly loved the retro jerseys.  Prior to this, when you went to the games there were only a few fans in the stands that still wore the old colors and they were mainly worn by either the old-school fans or the hipster bunch.  Even then out of a crowd of about 15,000, only maybe about 30-50 would wear these jerseys.  Suddenly with Retro Night these jerseys became desirable and a hot commodity.  I think a lot of nostalgia as well as vintage/retro becoming big business and chic (it still is) with sports apparel made it big again.

I used to hate the Christmas colors, but I love them now.  Love them or hate them you have to admit they are striking.

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Great pickups, especially the Sykora. Always love the retros, I could own a closet full of just those.

Hey Shero & Co., bring back the white version too!

I'm really curious to see if the Devils have some spice in their jersey life now that Lou is gone. 

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks guys!

Re: Devils Christmas jerseys.  What's funny is that when it was announced in the 91-92 season that the colors were changing for next season, an overwhelming majority of fans at the time were very excited and relieved that they no longer had to watch the team play in what was seen at the time a dopey looking jersey.  They were also called Pizza box jerseys by some as they looked like old-school pizza boxes who had the Italian flag colors on them.  Basically the general feeling at the time was good riddance.

Fast forward to summer of 2009 when the first Retro Night jersey game was announced for 3/17/10, and everyone suddenly loved the retro jerseys.  Prior to this, when you went to the games there were only a few fans in the stands that still wore the old colors and they were mainly worn by either the old-school fans or the hipster bunch.  Even then out of a crowd of about 15,000, only maybe about 30-50 would wear these jerseys.  Suddenly with Retro Night these jerseys became desirable and a hot commodity.  I think a lot of nostalgia as well as vintage/retro becoming big business and chic (it still is) with sports apparel made it big again.

I used to hate the Christmas colors, but I love them now.  Love them or hate them you have to admit they are striking.

This is 100% true. When they change the colors, nobody wanted the old ones. It was a store nearby that went out of business that had stacks of them, at least 50.  The original big block Ultrafil that everybody wants now. They went as low as 50 bucks that I saw, could have an even lower by the time they actually closed.They went as low as 50 bucks that I saw, could have an even lower by the time they actually closed.

Picking up that stack of jerseys is on my list for when I do invent my Time Machine. 

15 minutes ago, billman119 said:

I'm really curious to see if the Devils have some spice in their jersey life now that Lou is gone. 

I do believe we will get a third eventually, doesn't look like it will be this year, but I am sure it's coming.

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks guys!

I live in NJ and always make the Pens/Devils games. I feel like the Pens have played the Devils on most of their retro night. Can you confirm this?

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I do believe we will get a third eventually, doesn't look like it will be this year, but I am sure it's coming.

I think some of the old Lowell style logos would look really sharp. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The Devils have two really easy options and frankly, I don't see why Lamoriello didn't take advantage of them. Alternates don't dilute the brand. Otherwise, none of the Original Six teams would have ever worn one.

55 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks guys!

I live in NJ and always make the Pens/Devils games. I feel like the Pens have played the Devils on most of their retro night. Can you confirm this?

I think as long as you stick to the primarily red color scheme you are fine. As a Pens fan it sort of sucks when the crowds are wearing 5 different color schemes. 

41 minutes ago, billman119 said:

Not most, but a majority for sure.

2010: Pens (Win)

2011: Washington (Loss)

2012: Pens (Loss)

2013: No Retro Night

2014: Bruins (Loss)

2015: Pens (Win)

2016: Flyers (Loss) and Wild (Win) (Devils had 2 Retro Night games this past season)

Also in 2014 they wore their retro's in the Stadium Series just with the SS patch where they lost to the Rangers.

Devils overall record when wearing the retro jerseys: 3-5.

Edited by Devilsguy

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Not most, but a majority for sure.

2010: Pens (Win)

2011: Washington (Loss)

2012: Pens (Loss)

2013: No Retro Night

2014: Bruins (Loss)

2015: Pens (Win)

2016: Flyers (Loss) and Wild (Win) (Devils had 2 Retro Night games this past season)

Also in 2014 they wore their retro's in the Stadium Series just with the SS patch where they lost to the Rangers.

Devils overall record when wearing the retro jerseys: 3-5.

Good researching. Any idea if it will be the Pens again this year?

30 minutes ago, billman119 said:

Good researching. Any idea if it will be the Pens again this year?

Usually it's St. Pats, or the closest home game thereto. This year that would be 3/16 vs. the Flyers. 

Of course, last year they gave us another random game in February. So anything is possible. I did not see a schedule of retro nighs announced yet.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

The Devils have two really easy options and frankly, I don't see why Lamoriello didn't take advantage of them. Alternates don't dilute the brand. Otherwise, none of the Original Six teams would have ever worn one.

About ten years ago at a meeting someone once asked Lamoriello why he wouldn't bring back the old colors.  Lamoriello's basic response was that the old colors represented the old, losing Devils.  Basically when the Devils changed their colors, they changed their identity and it lined up at the same time when the Devils started to become the powerhouse that they were from 95-03.  They were even still one of the better teams in the league from 03-04 season until 11-12 season (with the exception of 10-11 season).

1979-1980 Laurie Boschman gameworn Maple Leafs rookie year home jersey – single garter-style fight strap, some burns and holes on the sleeves, “Maska” on both front and rear hems -

sjLXMz4.jpg

917uuJc.jpg

ynJfvXE.jpg

6XiJWf7.jpg

2006-2007 Todd Simpson NYI home, Set 3 GI –

EnnJtCl.jpg

GQ7aDWK.jpg

Every 80s Leafs jersey makes my heart swoon and takes me back to a time when the team was being destroyed by the morons in charge, but I didn't know any better because I was a kid.

Special thanks to Dave Nonis for providing that special "morons in charge" feeling most recently. 

Bigger thanks to Shanny for providing me with something called "hope", a brand new emotion to this Leaf fan. 

13 minutes ago, cferneyh said:

Every 80s Leafs jersey makes my heart swoon and takes me back to a time when the team was being destroyed by the morons in charge, but I didn't know any better because I was a kid.

Special thanks to Dave Nonis for providing that special "morons in charge" feeling most recently. 

Bigger thanks to Shanny for providing me with something called "hope", a brand new emotion to this Leaf fan. 

you can go the 90s and the 2000s as well ,MAYBE JUST maybe they can right the ship 

Yea great looking Leaf pick up 

Edited by cowboys

6 hours ago, cowboys said:

you can go the 90s and the 2000s as well ,MAYBE JUST maybe they can right the ship 

Yea great looking Leaf pick up 

They had good teams in the early 90s, late 90s, and early 2000s, that just couldn't get over the hump. The last decade has been a joke. 

Edited by cferneyh

wTegnHr.jpg

9UVur2B.jpg

Got this in a while back, size 54, no sign of game use. Very tempted to scrub the sig, however if Carrick leaves the Leafs I'd like to be able to move it on easier to a collector of that team.