It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much love to my homies at UPS for delivering my EPS order first thing on a rainy Monday morning. All of these jerseys are replacements of something I formerly owned. 

This was a signed Sundin that I stripped. It suffered a little damage due to it being sublimated, and there was a small hole under the Captain's C, but it really came out quite nice. Special thanks to the IJ member (I think it was Brilliant!, but I've done so many transactions and it was so long ago, I can't remember) who hooked me up with a small piece of the correct fabric for the nameplate that was nearly the exact length needed for this jersey. This one replaces a replica I owned previously. 

DF1E4E17-1FCD-4615-B782-95FBECEF800C_zps

178191C8-D8FC-4172-8F18-148600D98903_zps

This one is another stripped jersey I had made to replace the one I stupidly sold to The_Dude_Abides and could not convince him to sell back to me despite my being #Relentless. This was a Kovalchuk that stripped remarkably clean, despite the numbers having been sewn layer by layer to the jersey. It took a long time but came off very clean (seller has another Kovy on eBay still, should anyone be curious if it would strip). Very pleased with the results. 

0D5DC2DE-55B1-4D84-AAF4-7503D2F0F01D_zps

08C5A9EA-2DBA-41F7-B6CE-E7B7E70E39A7_zps

I had a stripped authentic of this one that was damaged by the previous owner who tried to strip it. It wasn't bad, but I am so particular about condition I couldn't keep it. Found this replica blank cheap, and in perfect condition, so I figured what the heck, it'll be a good placeholder until I find an authentic. I wavered about whether I'd keep it or sell it when it came back, but I think it looks cool enough I have to keep it. 

D12CAAC3-547F-487D-88AF-9D8372A6E8B4_zps

EF5B7709-AE72-4F04-8103-A310ED060705_zps

Finally, I bought one of these in my then size 52 in 02-03. Hadn't fit me comfortably in years, so when I first came to this site I sold it. Its a funny story, actually. Listed it on eBay, and received an offer from an IJ member whom I didn't know of I think $180. I was convinced that these jerseys were sufficiently rare and could fetch more, so I politely declined and let it ride. Said IJ member was the winning bidder at less than $90. You win some, you lose some, and me and JoeM7392 lost and won respectively. Later JoeM and I bonded over Devils stuff, and I didn't realize he was the guy who won that jersey until way later. In any event, he pointed me toward this one on eBay and I jumped on it. This was the single dirtiest jersey I have ever seen, the white portions thereof were light tan, almost uniformly, and it stunk. The guy said it was displayed in his bar, which seems likely because it stunk. But, lucky for me, couple trips through the washer and it looked brand new. Stripped it (it was a Game Issued, signed), and had it re-done as Skrlac, like the first one I had. 

EDIT:, thanks to Joe a second time for pointing out I posted two pictures of the front of the jersey.

51EE4557-0488-4AF3-A334-8F2038E8C91C_zps

89901083-39B9-4C88-B05B-E22B87FFD006_zps

Edited by mfitz804

Finally found an early 90's Leafs. Took quite an effort to strip but well worth the hassle. Special thanks to Slim for the 75th patch and Keener for the customization. Extremely happy with the end result!

ClarkFront_zpsw7tbvxbx.jpg

ClarkBack_zpstbwpkhxf.jpg

Beautiful!

Great stuff Fitz Marty 2004 is a beauty 

I picked this up I usually do not buy any OHL jersey but I got one cheap and I liked the arm patch honouring Lindros and Orr 

IMG_0781_zpsvvhqshko.jpg

IMG_0782_zpsgkykuozh.jpg

Edited by cowboys

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Nice pickup. I considered bidding on that. Both the blue and the red Oshawa unis are nice.

Thanks Yea the only problem with the seller he is in Greece and it took forever to get here , 95,00 bucks is not bad for a game used jersey 

3 hours ago, tbart said:

Finally found an early 90's Leafs. Took quite an effort to strip but well worth the hassle. Special thanks to Slim for the 75th patch and Keener for the customization. Extremely happy with the end result!

Beautiful.  Clark's first jersey as captain.  

Sometimes, good things happen in this world. Friday was one of those days for me:

amcirca20041aNike1932throwback-vi.jpgamcirca20041bNike1932throwback-vi.jpgamcirca20042aNike1932throwback-vi.jpgamcirca20042bNike1932throwback-vi.jpg

For the last ten years, I always wondered what became of these. Now I know. MeiGray called me Friday afternoon with an offer of World Cup USA jerseys. So I naturally pounced. I never thought I'd ever find one of these in the current hobby. Much less two! Brian Rolston and Jason Blake. Yes, it sucks to have to go with a Devil and Islander but the style means more to me than the player so it's all good.

2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Sometimes, good things happen in this world. Friday was one of those days for me:

For the last ten years, I always wondered what became of these. Now I know. MeiGray called me Friday afternoon with an offer of World Cup USA jerseys. So I naturally pounced. I never thought I'd ever find one of these in the current hobby. Much less two! Brian Rolston and Jason Blake. Yes, it sucks to have to go with a Devil and Islander but the style means more to me than the player so it's all good.

Always loved that style, very nice!!

This one came back back today after a brief stay at another IJ member's place. As he said, "you'll sell it back to me in 6-9 months". Probably so, my man, probably so.

A6CD4D7C-7D46-45CB-8409-0CF2678177A5_zps

3F212C25-B2B0-4A85-A9B7-4A293F6B7469_zps

45 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Blake's a former Leaf so your good there bud.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Now you can sell me your authentics!

Seriously though, nice grabs, always loved that style.

Forgot to post this yesterday.  Got this in over the weekend: Brendan Morrison 1998-99 White set 1 game worn jersey.  Photomatched to a picture I found from the 1-30-99 game to the loose threads on the crest, the repair next to the crest and the long repair on the left sleeve.  Also has nice marks and paint transfers on both arms as well.  The person who I won this off of had this registered to his name with Meigray back in 1999, so I am only the second owner of this.  Basically been in his closet for 17 years.

29776643716_9f714d7203_c.jpg

29519724220_813a1bb10b_c.jpg

29184725444_69745edacc_c.jpg

29519724240_a2056da4e2_c.jpg

29519724210_9d1cf23c7d_c.jpg

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Most Irish name to ever play for the Devs, aside from Shanahan. 

Was sad to see him leave town. Nice pickup!

Thanks and from what I remember, Morrison was not exactly sad to leave the Devils lol.  He did have a nice career in Vancouver playing with Bertuzzi and Naslund on their top line.

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't follow stuff like that at that time, but it doesn't surprise me. 

His offensive production fell in 99-2000 as he was bumped off the 2nd line C position by Scott Gomez who overtook him that year.  He didn't like playing fewer minutes so while he didn't actively ask for a trade, he wasn't exactly upset that him and Pederson (another not too happy Devils camper at the time) were traded for Mogilny.

Just re-read Morrison's trade articles again and he even requested a trade after signing at the last minute a $500K contract in October of 1999.  He wasn't happy even then how he was used and Pederson was unhappy with the minutes Ftorek was giving him.  Funny this is that about a month later Ftorek would be gone as coach lol.

Edited by Devilsguy

Speaking of Morrison, got this in the other day. Fonts a bit off, but I'll pay $100 for River Rats authentics all day long.

20160920_115902.jpg20160920_115940.jpg

Glad to see that Brodeur All Star made it back to your collection Fitz! 

Awesome looking Clark too! Well done!