It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This jersey was #1 on my want list for the last decade – I don’t use the term “grail” often, but this truly is my Grail -

1993-1994 Bob Probert gameworn Detroit Red Wings road jersey – worn for first half of season, has very good wear, loaded with stick marks, unrepaired holes on the left sleeve, fight damage to the front of the neck, back of neck torn down to the nameplate and repaired, blood stains on the back “#4”, Meigray-authenticated, Meigray photo-matched to December 1993 game against the Canadiens where he fought Lyle Odelein in the 1st period and Donald Brashear in the 3rd period. Jersey was also video-matched to the October 1993 game in Toronto where Probert & Bob Rouse got into a stick swinging incident that earned each a 4-game suspension. Jersey also worn in fights versus Stu Grimson, Tony Twist and twice against Jeff Odgers -

F9kDyvz.jpg

XSvyUwW.jpg

1Zh5Yoj.jpg

Gbw7pD1.jpg

K7fv9uO.jpg

DHcDN9i.jpg

u4SqLJI.jpg

0Yummf4.jpg

YchudFV.jpg

ou74wzj.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

Thanks fellas.

That Probert Bobby, wow. I don't even want to know how much that set you back. Grail indeed.

A lady I used to work with in Detroit has a game worn Probert. He threw it over the glass to her husband many many years ago. Naturally, I asked her if she'd consider selling it...hard no. At least I tried ?

28 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Thanks fellas.

That Probert Bobby, wow. I don't even want to know how much that set you back. Grail indeed.

A lady I used to work with in Detroit has a game worn Probert. He threw it over the glass to her husband many many years ago. Naturally, I asked her if she'd consider selling it...hard no. At least I tried ?

Thanks - that's the thing with his stuff - it only very rarely moves and as you said, moves for big bucks when it does. And this one has some notoriety behind it given the incident I referenced in the post.

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

WOW. Amazing pickup.  Especially timely given the recent Ice Guardians documentary ;)

Thanks -

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean if you are gonna collect enforcer jerseys, that seems like a must have.

Nice pickup!

Thanks - definitely a must have - key is finding someone who wants to give one up - and now having one from both the Hawks and the Wings is even better.............

New Jersey Devils 1982-83 Inaugural year Mike Moher game worn jersey.  Mike only played 9 games that year (and those 9 games would be his NHL career) before going back down to the minors.  Apparently, he suffered a bad eye injury while playing on the Devils that cut his career short.  From what I've heard, he was hit in the eye with a puck and his eye popped out of the socket.  Gross.  The jersey has the old-school skate lace tie-down and has a nice mark on the left sleeve.

30972327361_f586ed6c8f_c.jpg

31050800306_25951ed641_c.jpg

30972327471_cc3576b5e0_c.jpg

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

New Jersey Devils 1982-83 Inaugural year Mike Moher game worn jersey.  Mike only played 9 games that year (and those 9 games would be his NHL career) before going back down to the minors.  Apparently, he suffered a bad eye injury while playing on the Devils that cut his career short.  From what I've heard, he was hit in the eye with a puck and his eye popped out of the socket.  Gross.  The jersey has the old-school skate lace tie-down and has a nice mark on the left sleeve.

I had three comments, all different, but I decided I would post all three. 

1) That is awesome. An inaugural season jersey is on my short list of things to obtain, not to wear, but to throw in a frame in my office. I'll never find one cheap enough to justify that, but its something I would love to do. I think you should display that one, too much history to keep it in the closet, despite the guy having barely played. 

2) Were you able to photo match it? Keep an eye out and you just might be able to.

3) Try not to lick the fight strap. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I had three comments, all different, but I decided I would post all three. 

1) That is awesome. An inaugural season jersey is on my short list of things to obtain, not to wear, but to throw in a frame in my office. I'll never find one cheap enough to justify that, but its something I would love to do. I think you should display that one, too much history to keep it in the closet, despite the guy having barely played. 

2) Were you able to photo match it? Keep an eye out and you just might be able to.

3) Try not to lick the fight strap. 

1) Thanks!  Got it for a good but fair price IMO.  A lot of those first year Devils jerseys are of jabroni's as basically that team had a ton of them.  Only 3-4 players in that first year were any good.  Therefore, while the bigger names go for big money (A. Broten, Lever, etc), the smaller guys tend to be more affordable.  Def. not planning on parting with this anytime soon.

2) No, at least not yet.  Pictures are hard to find from that year and I have seen as many, if not more, from the 87-88 preseason.  Reason why I say that is that they only used Sandow jerseys in 82-83 before switching to CCM.  However, they later recycled 82-83 Sandow jerseys to the 87-88 preseason, so half the pictures I have of Devils players wearing Sandow jerseys are from 87-88 preseason.  I will make sure I cross all my T's and dot all my eyes and keep looking.

3) But the salt would taste great on my fries.

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

1) Thanks!  Got it for a good but fair price IMO.  A lot of those first year Devils jerseys are of jabroni's as basically that team had a ton of them.  Only 3-4 players in that first year were any good.  Therefore, while the bigger names go for big money (A. Broten, Lever, etc), the smaller guys tend to be more affordable.  Def. not planning on parting with this anytime soon.

2) No, at least not yet.  Pictures are hard to find from that year and I have seen as many, if not more, from the 87-88 preseason.  Reason why I say that is that they only used Sandow jerseys in 82-83 before switching to CCM.  However, they later recycled 82-83 Sandow jerseys to the 87-88 preseason, so half the pictures I have of Devils players wearing Sandow jerseys are from 87-88 preseason.  I will make sure I cross all my T's and dot all my eyes and keep looking.

3) But the salt would taste great on my fries.

1) I wasn't trying to buy yours, didn't mean to imply that if I did. 

2) I really just wanted to make an "eye out" joke. Extra points if you find a photo match of the jersey with his eye popped out. 

3) That's vintage salt, but its still gross. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

1) I wasn't trying to buy yours, didn't mean to imply that if I did. 

2) I really just wanted to make an "eye out" joke. Extra points if you find a photo match of the jersey with his eye popped out. 

3) That's vintage salt, but its still gross. 

1) Haha I know you weren't, just kind of echoing your statements that this is perhaps more frame-worthy than others.

2) I made my eye joke in my response too lol.  I might send this to Meigray down the line soon to see what they can find in their archives.

3) All salt is vintage technically:)

That black mark on the left sleeve seems like it would be an easy match, IF there are pictures out there. I'm googling it as we speak but not finding anything. 

These just showed up, both customized by Cutting Edge, who actually did the jersey for the Islanders during the time of the Fisherman Jerseys.

1) 95-96 Ziggy Palffy #68 with Stacked Twill.  From the research that I have done, this is the style they would have used when the first came out.

777AF211-A477-49AB-8AA8-9E94BC18C7A7_zps

7145041D-E072-46F1-BA0E-F0E743658EF5_zps

0D2AD260-20DC-4387-B3CD-C5728A77470D_zps

2) 96-97 Ziggy Palffy #16 with "A" and Reverse Kiss-Cut numbers.  Again, from what I researched, they switch the cut of the numbers for the second season.  They also used this style of "A" for the white jerseys, and the rounded style "A" for the blue jerseys.  This one will also get the 25th anniversary patch on it soon.

39E2DF8C-B883-4D3F-AA06-F9494BFB8FE1_zps

BDD45A78-6CE7-4491-8DA5-00CFE714E333_zps

E1A34D46-3BB6-48D9-9AF8-E5E636865A6F_zps

I am probably only going to keep one of these as I really don't need two of the same jersey.  I'm leaning to the #16 being the one I keep because I am sucker for patched jerseys.  Both are awesome.  Took a little while to get them back form Cutting Edge, but they communicated with me throughout the process, so I was fine with it, and they were very detailed and stuck to my specific instructions which was greatly appreciated.

21 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Wow....bobbyp delivering the knockout punch there.  Holy shite

Thanks - IMO no greater fighter jersey than a Probert Wings - 

21 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

Bravo ?? nice pickup bobbyp!! 

Thanks -

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

is this the incident ? 

1993-94: Red Wings/Maple Leafs Brawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1C8uc8Wtk

Yep, that's the one - they each got 4 games for those 2-handed hacks to the shoulders/head -

Couldn't resist adding this one to my collection. Mostly because, its size 56, its a Devils Ultrafil, and this one happens to be of late 80's/early 90's vintage with the old color logo. Only pre "green to black" conversion practice jersey I have found, so I am happy to welcome it home to where it belongs. 

FAFAF191-6C30-43B3-AD58-8BBAA36FBE95_zps

B0A94973-EC75-498D-B9B5-6009D40BA21E_zps

I say this through gritted teeth but, very nice Devils and Islanders jerseys.

Amazing pick ups in the inaugural season jersey and Devils practice jersey. Always liked the Devils christmas tree colors better than the Red and Black. Added more color in the games against the Rangers.

Also, really nice job on the customization for the Palffy jerseys. Both looked spiffy and always thought Palffy was a great player, if underrated, even though he was an Islander.