It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Leafs jersey is from the rookie tournament the Leafs participate in every september I believe.  I know Realsports was cleaning them out along with a crap ton of marlies jerseys for $50-$100 during the equipment sale last summer.  

There was a Tukka Rask Leafs jersey floating around a few years back from one of the tournaments.  You know, before that bone head Ferguson Jr. traded him to Boston.

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Welcome to the forum Ash. I really dig that Tigers jersey. He looks ferocious!  

I've seen that Leafs jersey many times as well. Keep an eye on that guys page. He lists new jerseys pretty frequently and at real good prices. I picked up both home and away Marlies gamers for just over $100. Can't beat that. 

Thanks. I also bought a Marlies away jersey from the same seller. No real affection for the team, I just think they look great...

1 hour ago, NYIJM29 said:

Evgeny Korolev wore 51 during the fisherman era -- I own his GI. 

Thanks for the info. I've just done an image search for him and see that another jersey on gamewornauctions has 'ghosting' of a possibly reapplied crest similar to the one I've acquired, which at least helps with the provenance of my jersey.

Did Korolev ever actually play for the Islanders in the 'fisherman' era? Even just pre-season? He was drafted twice and didn't play an NHL game until the 2000 season. I'm just curious as to why the half-finished fisherman 51 jersey I bought would be kicking around in the first place...

Maybe it's because the picture is somewhat blurred, but it almost looks like the Islanders' 25th patch says "1995-97."  Could that be correct, or am I just seeing things?

44 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Maybe it's because the picture is somewhat blurred, but it almost looks like the Islanders' 25th patch says "1995-97."  Could that be correct, or am I just seeing things?

No. Just my poor photography skills on a phone. If it was 95-97, then I'm pretty sure I'd have been ripped off...

32801299536_590e21dd83_b.jpg

2 hours ago, likeaboss2 said:

That Calgary St. Louis jersey is awesome. That's one you don't see everyday (I've never seen one)

Thanks man. I had never seen a PP in that style before either. Couldn't pass it up.

44 minutes ago, Ash said:

No. Just my poor photography skills on a phone. If it was 95-97, then I'm pretty sure I'd have been ripped off...

Sorry man, and thanks for the clarification.  (It really did look like a 5 to me though, lol.)   Everything that you said about the jersey points to it being a game-issued jersey made for a player who didn't make the team, probably Korolev, as NYIJM29 said earlier.  Kiss-cut and layered characters were sometimes mixed on the same jersey, and the larger crests were removed by the team and replaced by smaller ones.  Just out of curiosity, how wide is the crest on your jersey, is it much less than 16"?

11 hours ago, Ash said:

Thanks for the info. I've just done an image search for him and see that another jersey on gamewornauctions has 'ghosting' of a possibly reapplied crest similar to the one I've acquired, which at least helps with the provenance of my jersey.

Did Korolev ever actually play for the Islanders in the 'fisherman' era? Even just pre-season? He was drafted twice and didn't play an NHL game until the 2000 season. I'm just curious as to why the half-finished fisherman 51 jersey I bought would be kicking around in the first place...

Im not sure if he ever played in the fisherman era. Mine has a smaller crest. To be honest, I think yours might have the larger crest. On the smaller crests, there is a point above the last "S" in "Islanders." Yours looks rounded. I havent seen a smaller crest like that before!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128529222@N02/U72KR5

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128529222@N02/06C458

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128529222@N02/45htY8

Edited by NYIJM29

11 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Sorry man, and thanks for the clarification.  (It really did look like a 5 to me though, lol.)   Everything that you said about the jersey points to it being a game-issued jersey made for a player who didn't make the team, probably Korolev, as NYIJM29 said earlier.  Kiss-cut and layered characters were sometimes mixed on the same jersey, and the larger crests were removed by the team and replaced by smaller ones.  Just out of curiosity, how wide is the crest on your jersey, is it much less than 16"?

No need to apologise, I bought it off eBay, so it could easily have said 95-97, it's not like I could do any inspection. As for the dimensions of the crest, no it's not much less than 16". At its widest it's 40cm, so 15.75".

Also, comparing to NYIJM29's photo (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128529222@N02/32850586255/), not only is the final 'S' of the crest not pointed, but the ghosting of the crest is significantly less, only in a couple of small places, not all the way round...

Then again, if it is the larger version of the logo, then it shouldn't have the 25th anniversary patch on, right? I did wonder if someone had taken a version with the traditional round Islanders crest (from towards the end of the 96-97 season?) and put a repro fisherman on to make it more saleable - but there's no evidence of previous, smaller, stitching on the inside of the jersey (although the thread density of the crest does look higher than that of the 25th patch and the lighthouses on the shoulder yoke).

But, if it's not team issued, why bother doing half a customization job (for a player who didn't play)?

Apologies as well for taking the thread a bit off topic - if there's a more appropriate bit of the forum for stuff like this, I'll post in there in future... I do really appreciate the info from other forum members though, thanks.

I feel like my new arrivals have been fewer and far between these days so the excitement of a new arrival is slowly coming back (which is both a good thing and bad thing at least for my wallet lol).  Paul Martin 2005-06 White set 2 JM memorial patched game worn jersey.  Actually had the set 1 white patched from the same year and player but sold it last year and have been wanting a JM-patched jersey since then as they are drying up.  First saw this for sale on FB when I was at the Super Bowl last weekend and was hemming and hawing until I finally pulled the trigger.  Happy that I did and happy I got one back!

32774780781_f7b5f29c5a_c.jpg

32774780631_707627056d_c.jpg

Was never happy about Paul Martin leaving, he was a solid guy. Nice to see he's still kicking around in San Jose.

Love the jersey. Still amazed by the horrible placement of those JM patches, they are out too far toward the shoulder. 

2014-2015 Colton Orr gameworn Toronto Marlies - light wear, double fight straps, shortened sleeves, w/"A" on front -

Cwe1Exd.jpg

Z35RWVt.jpg

0Ns1fMN.jpg

MvOHMiq.jpg

2003-2004 John Jakopin gameworn Hartford Wolfpack Set 1 - shortened fight strap, some fight damage to the neck, very good sleeve wear -

mw43x2f.jpg

grjPDiI.jpg

T8TcWWf.jpg

TjALfKv.jpg

AnbxC60.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Was never happy about Paul Martin leaving, he was a solid guy. Nice to see he's still kicking around in San Jose.

Love the jersey. Still amazed by the horrible placement of those JM patches, they are out too far toward the shoulder. 

Thanks and I actually think it is about right.  I think we are all just too used to the Edge template where due to the seam all the patches and letters are placed really close to the crest.  On the players they look alright.  My Langenbrunner 06-07 with the 25th patch has about the same placement as this one.

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks and I actually think it is about right.  I think we are all just too used to the Edge template where due to the seam all the patches and letters are placed really close to the crest.  On the players they look alright.  My Langenbrunner 06-07 with the 25th patch has about the same placement as this one.

After a quick Googling, they do look to be appropriately placed when the jersey was being worn; it looks off when its lying flat. 

Perhaps I have become accustomed to the Edge template as you suggest. 

1999-2000 Pro Player Authentic, size 54. These Pro Players fit so large that a 54 is fine on me, although I do prefer my usual 56, my Niedermayer PP 56 is my go to "lounging around the house" comfortable jersey. EPS of course. 

08785FED-7A9B-45CD-A169-7F8C72F2D91A_zps

13C23ABA-640E-43BE-8210-888937074A19_zps

And another that I changed my mind on and am putting right in my sale thread, Reebok 6100, size 56, with 25th Anniversary patch. Just have too many and need to thin down the herd, so this one is getting sacrificed. EPS again. 

A2855198-8D7A-47D3-8125-E4BDB0AC4BF6_zps

F632685B-D749-4F7C-B5B2-8A3F24234BA4_zps

Not an NHL team, but I just love the way these came out... I'm playing in the Labatt pond hockey tournament in Buffalo this weekend, and one of the guy's on my team is a rep for Verbero hockey and got us these ugly Christmas sweater jerseys for cheap, and then Action Spot Sports did the numbers, which came out awesome.

IMG_0752_zpsmkrkxjkl.jpg

2 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Not an NHL team, but I just love the way these came out... I'm playing in the Labatt pond hockey tournament in Buffalo this weekend, and one of the guy's on my team is a rep for Verbero hockey and got us these ugly Christmas sweater jerseys for cheap, and then Action Spot Sports did the numbers, which came out awesome.

IMG_0752_zpsmkrkxjkl.jpg

That's badass. 

Nothing nearly as decent as some of the other recent Devils jerseys on this thread, but I wanted to have a Devils jersey and made a speculative bid or two on some that Meigray have been putting on eBay recently. Some haven't come off, this one did. I'd rather have a game issued or training camp jersey from a player who didn't make the cut, knowing that the customization would be to exact on-ice specs, than try and sort customization of jerseys myself (especially as living in Europe, postage and taxes on number kits make it ridiculously expensive). So, here's an Edge 1.0 training camp jersey of Eric Castonguay.  It shows no signs of wear and could pass for new...

32766375812_2cdc34ec5d_b.jpg

32879314536_c36c9f3b89_b.jpg

15 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Killer Marlies Orr jersey Bobby...wow.

Thanks - it sold a few months ago and I missed it but snagged it when it moved again - one of the final jerseys of his career..........

Game Worn Danny Briere 2008-09, Set 2. Has some nice stick marks and paint transfers. Also an unrepaired board burn/hole on the right shoulder. Excited to add this one to my collection!

xJjNQiB.jpg

HK2Fdbt.jpg