It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

On 2/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, Hawks2797 said:

Got a couple in recently.  Hawks will be a Roenick.  Canada Cup jersey will be a Gretzky.  Sent them both to Keener,  First time using Kenner and USPS used to ship the kinda scaring me with the whole customs, and tracking issues.  Gretzky was stripped as it had awful customization.  

IMG_5955-1_zpsurrej2e0.jpg

IMG_5956_zps1uabkajz.jpg

IMG_5953_zpsfgyk0yu3.jpg

IMG_5954-1_zps40wjy3jr.jpg

Well apparently I should have kept my mouth shut.  I shipped these from Chicago to Keener on January 30th.  To this day more than 2 weeks later no sign of my package anywhere.  The only scan the custom number USPS gave me shows is when I dropped it at the post office facility here.  Nothing since.  Anyone have issues with sending USPS Priority International to Keener, or anywhere else in Canada?  I'm hoping for the best that maybe they just are held up in customs and somehow made it through all stops without being scanned.. But expecting the worst which is bye bye to these two jerseys.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing as cool as a lot of the jerseys picture lately, but another addition to my practice jersey collection.

kiVYAby.jpg

42 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

Well apparently I should have kept my mouth shut.  I shipped these from Chicago to Keener on January 30th.  To this day more than 2 weeks later no sign of my package anywhere.  The only scan the custom number USPS gave me shows is when I dropped it at the post office facility here.  Nothing since.  Anyone have issues with sending USPS Priority International to Keener, or anywhere else in Canada?  I'm hoping for the best that maybe they just are held up in customs and somehow made it through all stops without being scanned.. But expecting the worst which is bye bye to these two jerseys.

I wouldn't go full blown freak out yet.  I've had stuff ship out lots of time that doesn't have the tracking updated but makes it to where it has to go.  Maybe give it another week and see where you are then.

Where on the customs form do you notate that? The only jerseys I've shipped to Canada were ones I sold so they were marked as gifts. Do you check other on the gift/merchandise section and say it's for alterations?

Yup, should have marked it "other: alterations". I think Keener even says that in their instructions. What value did you put?

Sending a gift of jerseys to a business that specializes in jerseys is suspect; they are probably stuck in customs as a result. Hopefully they pass them without sending Keener a bill. 

It arrived today. 

IMG_2240_zpsrjuwleci.jpg

IMG_2242_zpsza6xd5ag.jpg

IMG_2243_zps2dpt26y5.jpg

Nice timing for mr 1000 points last night.  The nameplate is sitting on top of the seam too just like on the gamers.  Good job.

7 hours ago, Carl said:

It arrived today. 

Freaking.  Gorgeous.

The black in the "C" (or "A") on the chest completely makes that jersey for me.  It anchors the whole thing.  So love the aways this year.

Where did you get it done up at?

On 2017-02-16 at 11:46 PM, jsh139 said:

Game Worn Danny Briere 2008-09, Set 2. Has some nice stick marks and paint transfers. Also an unrepaired board burn/hole on the right shoulder. Excited to add this one to my collection!

Always nice to see Briere gamers!

Bryan Rust Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 2015-2016 game worn warm up jersey

img_1310.jpg

img_1311.jpg

Hopefully these are showing properly. On my computer they were oriented properly but on my tablet they're sideways. Sorry everybody

Edited by cry_minarets458

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yup!  And I got it from the #1 source for Briere gamers, so you know it's good :)

Jonas? He helped me out with my Briere game worn too. Great dude!

On 2017-02-17 at 7:21 PM, blurryhaze312 said:

Freaking.  Gorgeous.

The black in the "C" (or "A") on the chest completely makes that jersey for me.  It anchors the whole thing.  So love the aways this year.

Where did you get it done up at?

All through the Jersey Baron. They got it all right. I'm very pleased. 

On 2/17/2017 at 1:12 AM, Kingofkings said:

Did you mark the package form as alterations? Usually it will fly through customs. I shipped a package from CA and it took about a 8 days. 

I did.  At this point I don't believe it made it to customs.  I believe USPS ****** up.  They claim at the post office where i dropped it off that it's not there and they have to clear out all packages every day.  I don't buy it.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:13 AM, mfitz804 said:

Yup, should have marked it "other: alterations". I think Keener even says that in their instructions. What value did you put?

Sending a gift of jerseys to a business that specializes in jerseys is suspect; they are probably stuck in customs as a result. Hopefully they pass them without sending Keener a bill. 

I put only $100 value on it, and marked it as other FOR ALTERATIONS.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, Hawks2797 said:

I put only $100 value on it, and marked it as other FOR ALTERATIONS.

Maybe it's on its way back to you through usps. They can't even look it up with the customs form number? Try calling the national usps number for support. They can usually tell you exactly where it is. My local post office is lazy and has limited resources or just doesn't care. The national line is your best bet. Hope it turns up soon!

Edited by Kingofkings

7 hours ago, Kingofkings said:

Maybe it's on its way back to you through usps. They can't even look it up with the customs form number? Try calling he national usps number for support. They can usually tell you exactly where it is. My local post office is lazy and has limited resources or just doesn't care. The national line is your best bet. Hope it turns up soon!

Thanks.  So do I.  The Customs # is the only tracking on it.  That hasn't changed from accepted status since the day I shipped it.  I hope they wouldn't send it back to me.. no reason really.  But at this point I'd be more than pleased to see it only doorstep! I will give that national number a go! Thanks

Edited by Hawks2797
error

Got this one over the weekend: Doug Daswell Utica Devils 1991-92 red game worn jersey.  Has some nice wear on it including stick and puck marks on the front and shoulders.  The jersey shows evidence of a recycled nameplate as that was common for AHL gamers and Utica in particularly at that time (my Kevin Dean white 91/92 Utica was a recycled Weinrich and Albelin).  The new namplate is airknit while the jersey is ultrafil.  Also has evidence of a round patch being removed from the front right shoulder/chest area which is most likely the PHPA patch worn by teams that year.  I talked to other Utica Devils collectors and they said a lot of their 91/92 Utica gamers have evidence of the patch removed and they don't think any with the patch still on it made it out of Utica.  Also, even weirder is that not all Utica Devils jerseys from that year had that patch as my white Dean doesn't have any evidence of that patch.  They were just all over the place lol.  Finally a small interesting note is that I got this off the owner who is listed on the Meigray LOA.  The LOA is dated from June of 1998, so basically this sat in someone's closet for almost 20 years.  I find that to be pretty neat.

32199781143_92d8114ecd_c.jpg

32199780123_34be39be7a_c.jpg

I was eying that one up too. That's a really nice pickup there. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

15 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Got this one over the weekend: Doug Daswell Utica Devils 1991-92 red game worn jersey.  Has some nice wear on it including stick and puck marks on the front and shoulders.  The jersey shows evidence of a recycled nameplate as that was common for AHL gamers and Utica in particularly at that time (my Kevin Dean white 91/92 Utica was a recycled Weinrich and Albelin).  The new namplate is airknit while the jersey is ultrafil.  Also has evidence of a round patch being removed from the front right shoulder/chest area which is most likely the PHPA patch worn by teams that year.  I talked to other Utica Devils collectors and they said a lot of their 91/92 Utica gamers have evidence of the patch removed and they don't think any with the patch still on it made it out of Utica.  Also, even weirder is that not all Utica Devils jerseys from that year had that patch as my white Dean doesn't have any evidence of that patch.  They were just all over the place lol.  Finally a small interesting note is that I got this off the owner who is listed on the Meigray LOA.  The LOA is dated from June of 1998, so basically this sat in someone's closet for almost 20 years.  I find that to be pretty neat.

That's pretty badass. 

1999-2000 Brantt Myhres gameworn Kentucky Thoroughblades home - fight damage to the front of the neck and lots of filth around the collar from being grabbed during fights -

QlQRROV.jpg

QpGTk3P.jpg

XO7uMZj.jpg

GKgNqAZ.jpg

2005-2006 Peter Worrell gameworn Charlotte Checkers home - decent sleeve wear & some fight damage to the patches on the back of the neck -

948MzGj.jpg

rOpuJLQ.jpg

1KCWhVy.jpg

1993-1994 Kerry Toporowski gameworn Las Vegas Thunder home - light wear -

SI5GCke.jpg

ZXNVJwB.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565