It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I need to stop buying random jerseys, just because they look OK - and then something pops up that I convince myself I 'need'. Reebok wordmark patched over with CCM. GI rather than a gamer.

33443728602_07027c8d96_b.jpg33217224720_7c23595df9_b.jpg

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walked through the ghost town that was apparently being passed off as the Albany Devils team shop tonight. They had like six hats, some children's jerseys, literally one T-shirt design and... A gamer in the corner? Couldn't really pass it up for $200.

20170325_214521-01.jpg20170325_214610-01.jpg

Got this in late Friday: Traviz Zajac 2016-17 Retro Night game worn jersey.  Travis wore this in both Retro Night games this year where he had 2 assists in the game on 3/16/17 against the Flyers and was the 3rd star of the game.  Features the 100 year patch and I was able to photomatch it to the mark on the crest to a bunch of pictures I took during warmups right before the 3/16/17 game.

33297237800_3940ea8391_c.jpg

33297237620_00eb6b20fd_c.jpg

33297237760_8aa2e2f4a6_c.jpg

33524827412_27831cb63e_c.jpg

The jersey alone is badass enough, but then you also photo matched it, and you photo matched it to a picture you took yourself. F you Getty, we don't need no stinkin' high res photos, we got this covered!!!

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The jersey alone is badass enough, but then you also photo matched it, and you photo matched it to a picture you took yourself. F you Getty, we don't need no stinkin' high res photos, we got this covered!!!

Thanks and I took about 25-ish photos of Zajac during warmups with that mark on the crest as it first appeared towards the end of the first retro night game in January against Washington.  Out of those 25 got about 5-6 really good photos and this was one of the 2-3 best ones.  Was praying that the mark would survive the washing after the game and it did (it also thankfully doesn't smell to high hell unlike the McMullen Night ones).

I checked Getty and they have a really good one too admittedly:

33643169866_6f1b77fd54_c.jpg

1. Taking so many photos of a guy during warmups will do nothing to dispel your stalker reputation that you have from your "visits" to MeiGray's offices. 

2. Getty may HAVE a nice one, but you don't NEED their photo match!!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

1. Taking so many photos of a guy during warmups will do nothing to dispel your stalker reputation that you have from your "visits" to MeiGray's offices. 

2. Getty may HAVE a nice one, but you don't NEED their photo match!!

Haha I think I have been to Meigray about 5 times in the last 3-4 weeks.  Would not be surprised if they were getting sick of me.

I also need to find a Zajac signing soon to have him sign a printout of the photomatch.  Problem is he is an exclusive to a company I really dislike so I might have to do a deal with the Devil to get it signed.

I think I had my best and worst 'it arrived today' day today.

First, the worst. There's a German-based eBay seller that has a lucky dip of sorts on jerseys - for 16 Euros, plus shipping, you get sent a jersey that's already packaged for sending - they don't even know what they're sending you... I thought, as a one-off, I'd give it a go. This turned up. I thought at first, due to the patch for a new sponsor on the front, it might be a gamer, but even my knowledge of German suggests it's a fan jersey. All that's awful about Euro hockey jerseys - light weight material, fuzzy sublimation, lot's of sponsors... At least it came with a nice big German league patch.

33530742982_3df0d5f035_b.jpg

And now the best, also making its way to me from Germany, courtesy of Pens4ever on here, is this Ultrafil Nordiques jersey. If there's a grail jersey for me, this is pretty much it - I've wanted one of these since the early 90s.

33557845811_9c80b2e486_b.jpg

33646378176_9962b79424_b.jpg

Maybe in an ideal world, I wouldn't have chosen Tony Twist, but I can live with that.

Now if I can just get hold of a Milwaukee Admirals jersey before the season's end, that'll be me done until the autumn...

1 minute ago, Ash said:

If there's a grail jersey for me

Beautiful jersey, but I'm contractually obligated to point out that you're using a stupid term and should feel bad about doing so.

1 minute ago, JoeM7392 said:

Beautiful jersey, but I'm contractually obligated to point out that you're using a stupid term and should feel bad about doing so.

I quite agree, I was going to make some mention about the phrase being corny, but wasn't sure how acceptable (or not) it was on here. Whenever I think of the word 'grail', I just think about Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. And that was a rubbish film...

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha I think I have been to Meigray about 5 times in the last 3-4 weeks.  Would not be surprised if they were getting sick of me.

I also need to find a Zajac signing soon to have him sign a printout of the photomatch.  Problem is he is an exclusive to a company I really dislike so I might have to do a deal with the Devil to get it signed.

You mean a deal with a Devil that has a deal with a Devil. 

Got two in today.

First up, Claude Giroux's 2017 Stadium Series practice-worn jersey.  This thing stinks to high hell.  They clearly didn't wash it.  It's currently airing out in the spare bedroom.

sL7d4Aj.jpg

TgwQqLP.jpg

Sij1wna.jpg

Next up is one that's changed hands a few times on here but has finally found its permanent home.  1985-86 Brad Marsh with "A" and Pelle Lindbergh "31" patches.  Thanks to the Dude for this one!

GNyirkA.jpg

uM9LgyJ.jpg

Edited by jsh139

8 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I think that Marsh jersey changed hands about three times while hanging on my rack awaiting work.

Lol. So you were the one who replaced the nameplate :P

had this patch sitting in a box for a few years so I finally got around to doing something with it.  The lineup for the game was as you'd expect from the Leafs of a few years ago, an absolute tire fire.  That and getting destroyed 5-0 at home to Montreal was probably why it sit in the box for as long as it did.  Anyways, this dude just played his 500th game for the Leafs which is kinda amazing considering me and everybody else was praying he'd be traded three years ago.

33572758991_f4069c874e_b.jpg33701965025_111365c567_b.jpg

I got a few customized that I'm updating:

1) 1995-96 Mighty Ducks or Anaheim Teemu Selanne Wild Wing jersey:

E90C0886-CD2A-4248-951D-CF81F5DBF6F0_zps

556AAEBC-8E44-433D-907C-F1C422873871_zps

2) 1993-94 New York Rangers Steve Larmer Stanley Cup Jersey.  I wish the older style kits could still be made, but I guess Cosby doesn't even have them anymore.  Still looks good with a current style kit. The Stanley Cup patch is a really nice reproduction (sorry the picture didn't come out very good, so I deleted it).

120FCFCD-2554-43CD-851D-55E11FB22550_zps

C36F7252-62E7-4F2E-AB31-4904C9177A38_zps

3) 2001-2002 Detroit Red Wings Niklas Lidstrom Stanley Cup Conn Smythe Winning Jersey.  Great Stanley Cup Patch from The Dude.

79283990-12B1-4951-94D3-C9F6B00BAF46_zps

32160AE9-BC64-4AD4-9FC1-14EE1657C2F4_zps

6260F8CB-2890-4D19-AD60-17ACFC465844_zps

5 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

had this patch sitting in a box for a few years so I finally got around to doing something with it.  The lineup for the game was as you'd expect from the Leafs of a few years ago, an absolute tire fire.  That and getting destroyed 5-0 at home to Montreal was probably why it sit in the box for as long as it did.  Anyways, this dude just played his 500th game for the Leafs which is kinda amazing considering me and everybody else was praying he'd be traded three years ago.

33572758991_f4069c874e_b.jpg33701965025_111365c567_b.jpg

Nothing wrong with Bozie, he may fluff the odd open net, but he is dependable and cap friendly.

ReAl nice Bozzie! I was thinking of doing a Bozak with an oopsie 1.0 I bought a few months back. 

That Lidstrom turned out awesome! 

1 hour ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

ReAl nice Bozzie! I was thinking of doing a Bozak with an oopsie 1.0 I bought a few months back. 

That Lidstrom turned out awesome! 

Is it a white 1.0 in the above style?  Been looking for one.

Bought this as it's my son's favorite team and I 'only' had an Indo Edge Canucks jersey (nothing wrong with it, but it was always a placeholder until something better came along). Took ages to turn up, to the point where I'd kind of forgotten about it. Shows quite a lot of wear, which is not that surprising given that it's an Edge 1.0 and that Bernier plays with something of a 'direct' style. Somewhat oddly, the 8 on the back, but only the 8, has gone all puffy like the numbers on fake jerseys...

33594577841_ee7776af7a_b.jpg

33594589781_12e27e9af9_b.jpg

I thought I'd be able to photo match this easily, from various repairs to the right arm, but guess I'll have to keep looking...