It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

Man, what an awesome Gretzky.  Was that lettered as a game-issue by the team back in the day, or was the lettering obtained separately and applied later to a blank?

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Wow, that Gretzky wins the thread!

Why aren't the elbow reinforcements, well, on the elbows?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Why aren't the elbow reinforcements, well, on the elbows?

Cause people back then had their elbows in a different place. Plus they had an extra bone in their arm so they could fight off saber tooth tigers.   

Thats' just the way the Sandow jerseys were, they put double material right where the elbow fell instead of just using the seam of the jersey as the starting point like in later years.  The double material overlaps the seam  on the bottom corner.  

1_f.jpg

Like later year Oilers, double elbows located where today's human elbow lands, haha.  Maybe that's why they stopped using Sandow, equipment staff got tired of stitching up board burns on the single layer part of the jerseys.  Although, maybe if they went back to Sandow someone would score 92 goals.  Oh yeah, guys today don't have the extra bone so that wouldn't work.  

Welcome! Sometimes it's cool to keep things rolling and move something that means even more to a fellow collector than for oneself. Enjoy!!!

9 hours ago, forzzaazzurri said:

Cause people back then had their elbows in a different place. Plus they had an extra bone in their arm so they could fight off saber tooth tigers.   

Thats' just the way the Sandow jerseys were, they put double material right where the elbow fell instead of just using the seam of the jersey as the starting point like in later years.  The double material overlaps the seam  on the bottom corner.  

Very interesting. 

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 11:31 AM, TMLFAN said:

had this patch sitting in a box for a few years so I finally got around to doing something with it.  The lineup for the game was as you'd expect from the Leafs of a few years ago, an absolute tire fire.  That and getting destroyed 5-0 at home to Montreal was probably why it sit in the box for as long as it did.  Anyways, this dude just played his 500th game for the Leafs which is kinda amazing considering me and everybody else was praying he'd be traded three years ago.

Wouldn't mind taking that off your hands if you think he sucks ?

A bit of mid-to-late 90s Tampa Bay goodness courtesy of Pens4ever. The numbers - I can't decide if they're ugly or brilliant, but I like them either way...

33693040131_66453a58c6_b.jpg33693050141_1c1ed33a6f_b.jpg

These pictures look pretty noisy for some reason, not sure why.

Got this in the other day, took a lot of time to get looking good. 3 washes, several different stain treatments, and a bunch of advice on the cleaning aspect from Mfitz and the result is a perfect Pro Player. Evens out my total at two whites and two reds so I'm satisfied for now.

a7a94584-e252-4012-b136-ce85da78e812.jpg

And another Albany Devils game, another impulse buy. This was game used with a #20 and stripped nameplate, almost no game wear other than a nasty burn on the crest. Had a hell of a time stripping the numbers, but it was worth it seeing as there was no other way to get a blank.

f10b6677-5ef6-46ef-a4d7-6736fe220be2.jpgd1d8167b-97ce-4d0e-a302-380eb0bc1b84.jpg

39 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

These pictures look pretty noisy for some reason, not sure why.

Got this in the other day, took a lot of time to get looking good. 3 washes, several different stain treatments, and a bunch of advice on the cleaning aspect from Mfitz and the result is a perfect Pro Player. Evens out my total at two whites and two reds so I'm satisfied for now.

My momma taught me well. 

If only it would have worked on the CCM airknit I'm presently trying to restore...

Nice Shelley!

2001-2002 Jamie Pushor Pittsburgh Penguins gameworn road, Set 3 – worn in fight vs. Donald Brashear, decent sleeve wear –

7nHus8t.jpg

NAGGhOj.jpg

2001-2002 Jeffrey Doyle GW (Trevor Gillies GI) North Bay Centennials home - very good wear, neck stretched out of shape, fight strap partially sewn onto back number and then torn free, assume during a fight - jersey was recycled and re-plated for Gillies to wear in an alumni game for which he ended up not playing -

6Vld3K8.jpg

34qUrCp.jpg

NeiZe6E.jpg

2009-2010 Gord Burnett Trenton Devils gameworn home, Set 1 - light wear, shortened fight strap -

ZqKSUVj.jpg

4EWpaVi.jpg

0mSNuoB.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

I have been meaning to take some '08-'13 jerseys to Blake's but have not had the time to drive over to the shop. Mind me asking what the price was for his services?

That 100 year anniversary patch will forever remind me of the most disappointing year in team history. Smh

1998-1999 Martin Laitre Red Wings gameworn home PS - good sleeve wear, scattered repairs, popped threads front of neck –

bp3c2lO.jpg

0o9fDaD.jpg

2003-2004 Landon Bathe Toledo Storm gameworn road - good wear, especially to the sleeves –

vngNhUE.jpg

e6JBNQF.jpg

2002-2003 Bryn Brucks Prince George Cougars gameworn home - coin & skatelace fight strap added in back, fight damage to the neck in multiple locations –

yLNXBlK.jpg

Sc7cx9j.jpg

VMNPGDx.jpg

2014-2015 Mitch Moroz Oklahoma City Barons gameworn home, Set 2 - fight damage and repairs to the neck -

BQ1ww54.jpg

AiZVmfY.jpg

75hUOXK.jpg

Edited by bobbyp6565

Not the greatest pics, but I really like this jersey; the logo, color and best of all, the Brewers sponsorship - A sports team sponsoring another sports team? Way better than Pepsi, Dunkin' Donuts or the like. Nameplate needs re-attaching, but this is how it arrived today.

33879188735_d0d8f02162_b.jpg

33837934356_da1f944dec_b.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ash said:

Not the greatest pics, but I really like this jersey; the logo, color and best of all, the Brewers sponsorship - A sports team sponsoring another sports team? Way better than Pepsi, Dunkin' Donuts or the like. Nameplate needs re-attaching, but this is how it arrived today.

Very nice. I definitely like the Admirals' jerseys and like you said, that sponsor patch is awesome. 

Its still my goal to own a franchise and then have Trojans or Tampax or something like that be the sponsor so that patch will be on the jersey. 

3 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Someone's already done the work for you.  Just root for Southern Cal. 

Not quite the same, but kind of true.